• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Well, all the custom work is done for our friends and neighbours. Only one guy still has crop out and he is Crop insurances, favourite farmer. Seeds right up to the 25th of June.

Nice to be able to get fields harrowed up and ruts from past years worked. We did try a new machine out this past week from MANDAKO and really like it you can adjust the blades it has harrows plus a basket so sort of three machines in one. Did price it out still thinking but it has a place for guys who have been direct seeding for 35 years or more.

No juice is going down in our area but it never really does happen. No one floating anything yet. The odd guy putting granular chemical down.

Rock picking is happening and yes the landscapers are out and the cats are starting to shake the trees. For our area, this is the first fall since probably 2006 we have had time to do fall work.

Most fields are back to end to end. ah, fun farming again just wish it would rain a bit.

Oh, it did snow on Tuesday and Wed and ground is getting colder. Not a nice wet heavy snow so really did nothing for moisture. Its snow.

The seed for 2020 canola is ordered, Funny big companies dropped some programs so its just a flat seed price. Cheaper yes but still too much money. I think we're going to all direct cut or pod shatter and we will still swath half or more.

All of you know that I love my AC Brandon since we got it way way back when it has always proven to take our yields to the next level. Yes, you have to give it some nice ingredients but it will always surprise you. Well, this year we grew Alida to replace AC Brandon. It struggled at the beginning since we were dry for a bit till first rain. We had a week later seeded Brandon beside it. Yes, 7 days did make a difference that I realize. So to make a long story shorter we will seed 1/3 of the farms Wheat to Alida in 2021 but still have 2/3 AC Brandon.

Now there are two new Wheat Varieties that are available for 2021 and we like Starbucks vs Wheatland. I have got my order in for Starbucks and it will be seeded on 320 Acres in 2021. It is short like Brandon and if your in an area that loves to grow straw its a plus. Sprouting isn't a problem and its rated real good for Fusarium. Plus Midge tolerant. So like all new shit throw the dice and hope it works.

Barley is moving off the farm at a record pace for malt if you cant get malt sell to feedlots they are paying real nice.

Canola down a bit this morning it's taking a breather. Brazil will import soy for its crushers this year as China has cleaned them out. So when the elevators phone and say we have an 11 special say **** off.

HRS min is up again and almost at $6.00 USA or $7.90 Canadian. Don't let them tell you 6 Canadian is a good deal they are lying and it would sure be nice if we could actually see sales out of Canada and price they got then we could trace back to Saskatchewan. Funny other countries can do that but Canada cant.

Ok, We are in the most boring Sask election ever. Ryan showed up on a bus as the only rider for a press conference. So that kind of hit home for most as always STC had a huge bus with two people on it.

Moe got caught buying a coat at cow town and wasn't wearing a mask.

**** me this is a boring election. Go vote because then you are allowed to complain if you don't you're a Moron.

USA election is on and well I'm still thinking its a trump landslide but maybe the USA is turning into like Canada Pick the most useless Fool and nobody really cares. So will be interesting.

In Canada, we have the Trudeau Crime Family Running Canada. Sad part this puppet is too stupid to be running the country so the scary part, who is pulling his strings. Maybe he will do a debt swap for all your sole. I like freedom and well I guess if the Communists do take over Canada we know who will be shot first.

Its really sad that the NDP who are broke, ok let's call it what it is flat ass broke the JAG is not working to gain votes, if an election were called I don't think they would get one seat. The Block knows Trudeau is a crook and will gain. I am starting to think Skippy's handlers have realized his five min is up and they will try to get an election and try to lose so he can get out of dodge and get to some island that has no extradition to Canada for his crimes.

Well for our final crop report of the year.

Rain is needed badly as the gas tank is empty. Fall work is getting done and that's fun. Very little land changing just between families and one big sale. Yields were down from 2019 by a bit and Canola just can't take 28 plus days with zero moisture and lots of wind. So the biggest crop in 5 years is a total ****ing joke. Sask Wide its an average call it what it is.

Till next spring take care and be safe.

I wish I could fly out of here today or even drive and head to my southern home.

Happy trails.

I would be surprised if canola was even anywhere near average ?

Comment

When the Big dog's yields are just at 50 and all the trials only have one area at 60 some, I think canola is below by a mile. Our area canola is anywhere from below 25 to maybe 47 at the top end.
      Last edited by SASKFARMER; Oct 22, 2020, 07:39.

Comment

.37 cents an LB Anhydrous plus delivery. Fert is flat don't let them tell you its up they are full of shit.

Comment

It’s froze up here , NH3 season was like 8 days between too warm and ground freeze .
          Lots of floating going on , N and lots of bio sul in area now .

Comment

Our NH3 done. Ground still not frozen and it is very dry.

Comment

Done dry N+S, ground in some fields driest I have ever seen here. Others normal, inches of rain difference in a few miles! Lots of landscaping, I hear Quill Lakes are down to where the Grid to Wynyard is visible.

Comment

Ah transition time of year.

Enjoying the time outside.

So if we’re all stuck her who else is getting
                new sleds.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post

new sleds.
                  Piss on it
                  Think i will go to honduras
                  Like my water to be fluid
                  Wanna come chuck ?

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post

new sleds.
                    I will run my tricked out Harley Cat another year and build an ice shack ... no weekend sports for kids so will be catching and frying up fish I guess

Comment

Window is closing for field work so I guess it’s time to go knock down some trees. Yes I know I am a bad man 😎

Comment

us too

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                          Window is closing for field work so I guess it’s time to go knock down some trees.
                          Whats with the unused hopper bottoms seldom?

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                            Window is closing for field work so I guess it’s time to go knock down some trees. Yes I know I am a bad man 😎
                            Me three.

Comment

Is that a 7G? The air cleaner and exhaust look the same as mine.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.