• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GMC 1000 HP Convertible Super Truck

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GMC 1000 HP Convertible Super Truck

NOTE: ANYBODY STARTS POLITICS OR OIL VS ELECTRICITY BULLSHIT AND I'M HAVING THE THREAD DELETED.

GMC Released the Hummer EV. 1000 hp, 11,000 FTlbs of torque.

It's convertible.

Quadrasteer is back

Crab steer.

6" ride height extension.

Smart cruise.

350 miles (560km) on a charge.

0-100km an hr in 3 seconds.

160km of charge in 10 mins.

And it's priced the same as a damn Duramax.

Add in regenerative trailer braking and drive motor units from Al-Ko and you'd have the ultimate towing rig.

https://www.gmc.com/electric-truck/hummer-ev https://www.gmc.com/electric-truck/hummer-ev

Click image for larger version

Name:	hummer.jpg.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	779514

Originally posted by Klause View Post
    NOTE: ANYBODY STARTS POLITICS OR OIL VS ELECTRICITY BULLSHIT AND I'M HAVING THE THREAD DELETED.

What about Ford vs GM debate!

Didnt know they were building one. Sounds good. I'm a buy new but keep it till it's dead kinda guy and I just bought a new one last year so I'm out on the first run!

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post

GMC Released the Hummer EV. 1000 hp, 11,000 FTlbs of torque.

It's convertible.

Quadrasteer is back

Crab steer.

6" ride height extension.

Smart cruise.

350 miles (560km) on a charge.

0-100km an hr in 3 seconds.

160km of charge in 10 mins.

And it's priced the same as a damn Duramax.

Add in regenerative trailer braking and drive motor units from Al-Ko and you'd have the ultimate towing rig.

https://www.gmc.com/electric-truck/hummer-ev https://www.gmc.com/electric-truck/hummer-ev

[ATTACH]6847[/ATTACH]

Already reserved one.

Have to wait an entire year or more to drive it, though.

Comment

Can I plug it into my 220 plug in shop ?

Comment

Time to buy shares in Firestone and Goodyear.

Comment

Sweet ride, can’t wait to test drive it, if and when ever it comes to SK.

Comment

Why 1000 horse power? Why? In a passenger vehicle?

Because they can?

Why not in a highway tractor?

Oh.....because needing 500 horse power won't get you 560 kms?

More battery storage?
              Last edited by farmaholic; Oct 21, 2020, 22:39.

Comment

Its a dangerous paradox for GM. Promote the new EV's with superior performance and other features. Many buyers may lose interest in existing models and inventory.
                Last edited by biglentil; Oct 21, 2020, 23:09.

Comment

Going to have some very quite race tracks soon.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                    Its a dangerous paradox for GM. Promote the new EV's with superior performance and other features. Many buyers may lose interest in existing models and inventory.
                    Until they see price tag

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                      Why 1000 horse power? Why? In a passenger vehicle?

Because they can?

Why not in a highway tractor?

Oh.....because needing 500 horse power won't get you 560 kms?

More battery storage?
                      What will the range be at -20??
                      We all know what happens to battery capacity as the temp drops.......

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
                        Diesel heaters will keep the batteries warm.

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
                          The battery temp is maintained with electric heat. While parked in cold temps they must be plugged into 120v or range will degrade. For sask a heated garage would probably necessary. It may not be suitable for every persons requirements however there are a number of exciting new battery techs on the horizon that will change that. Anyone here use gas motors on their aeration fans?

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                            The battery temp is maintained with electric heat. While parked in cold temps they must be plugged into 120v or range will degrade. For sask a heated garage would probably necessary. It may not be suitable for every persons requirements however there are a number of exciting new battery techs on the horizon that will change that. Anyone here use gas motors on their aeration fans?
                            I plug my aeration fan in to a power supply that doesn’t need a battery so not really a comparison. But I do believe there will be better batteries if there is enough funding to develop it. And if politics stays out of it developing.

Klaus it’s very difficult to keep politics out of this debate since it is politics that will determine things such as subsidies, infrastructure development etc that will either make or break this industry. It won’t be the technology it will be rhe politics. If it was technology we would have been electric already because it would have been supported to develop a long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                              I plug my aeration fan in to a power supply that doesn’t need a battery so not really a comparison. But I do believe there will be better batteries if there is enough funding to develop it. And if politics stays out of it developing.

Klaus it’s very difficult to keep politics out of this debate since it is politics that will determine things such as subsidies, infrastructure development etc that will either make or break this industry. It won’t be the technology it will be rhe politics. If it was technology we would have been electric already because it would have been supported to develop a long time ago.
                              I was kinda wondering the same thing but didn't want the thread to disappear.

But since you raised the question, when was science, physics or simple, hard reality last practically considered in any contemporary topic such as this...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.