• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hunting/hunters

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hunting/hunters

Why do people from the city think land is theirs to drive across .

Had a guy yesterday get stuck in alkali ....no cell service...asked him what he was doing there....

First response is the land isn't posted....so I asked him for his address and said I will be there to rip ruts on his front lawn....is it posted?

Phucking arrogant people....but being me....I pulled him out...

I thought the saskparty made it law for permission to be asked...

I tried no signs, No Trespassing signs, Stay Out signs, etc.
    Had No Vehicles signs made at sign shop.
    Marks where your property is and isn't.
    Has worked the best for me but I don't mind hunting if respectful.
    Some people ask. Some don't. Prefer to not have strangers drive into yard.
    Some still do, before or after. Odd one still gets under your skin still but have met some
    very nice people who are really appreciative also.

Comment

Don’t pull him out. He needs to find his own help. Providing you grant the puller he finds permission. I am a hunter. I detest poachers. He was poaching. You HAVE to ask permission now. If I were you, I would press charges. We need to make these poachers examples. I have guys slowly driving along my field edges at prime time when I am out actually hunting. ‘Hunting ‘ from their trucks. I dunno their plan, shoot then ask permission?

If someone gets stuck on my land, and had no right to be there, it will not be me getting them unstuck. Nor will I help them find help from someone else. They can find their own help.

It has got to the point where I have had to strategically place bales beside the no hunting signs, to deny access, because poachers are such a problem.

Comment

If they don’t ask permission, they are poachers, not hunters. Don’t lump us actual hunters in with poachers.

Comment

All of our no hunting sign disappear over time...

Actually had a guy say he didn't see the no hunting sign...Well you drove right by it as we watched you drive in here...

And then they wonder why farmers like me are assholes....

Yesterday I was offered money....I told them to go buy an RM map to see whose land they are on...

Dont know why there isn't a simple way to post the land electronically....then as you are driving around your phone alerts you to whether you can be there or not...sort of like the covid app

Comment

I try to be very lenient to hunters because we need all the voices we as hunters can get when it comes to protecting our rights to own firearms and to hunt. BUT I have posted my land lately because I think there are as many thieves as hunters crusing around looking for any thing loose.
            Some seem to think they own that animal because its on there land,well that animal was on 10 different places in the last couple days.
            Being anal isnt just a problem with hunters ,farmers also have a good share of those also.
            I got in trouble a few yr ago for shooting a mangy coyote on someones land,turned out it wasnt the land owner but another loud mouth,i told the cops that as far as i was concerned anyone should be allowed to shoot mangy coyotes anywhere they find them, i never got charged so i guess at least that cop agreed.

Comment

I agree with Sheepwheat. Press charges. Illegal hunting and trespass rampant here. Some years ago I fFinally had enough and laid charges against someone trespassing and hunting without permission. Judge found him guilty and cost him his rifle and unable to get a hunting license for 3 years. Word got around quickly and for the next 3 years never had a single incident. Signage only works if you are willing to back it up.

I have to add that I allow hunting on my property to hunters that asks permission and are willing to observe where they can and cannot go due to field conditions/cropping etc. Most real hunters are great. Those that don't ask are likely not real hunters.
              Last edited by dmlfarmer; Oct 18, 2020, 09:04.

Comment

This time of year again. Last week had a call from neighbor that cows were out and found fence cut in one spot and a gate left open in another. Couple of years ago my cows showed up at home about 10 pm one night because hunters wont close gates in my pasture thats posted. Pasture is about 10 miles from home.

Comment

We are so over run with deer and moose, and moose and mule deer draws are so pitifully rare compared to the massive populations, that I allow any and all hunters in an attempt to mitigate the damage these critters cause. Word gets out, everyone asks permission. Often offer meat in return. Often offer to help out in exchange. One guy comes before hunting season and cuts fallen trees out of the field edges and fences. All are respectful. I've even allowed them to drive into the crop to recover a moose on over wintered crops, two wheel tracks for a few hundred feet are far better then 4 footed moose tracks multiple times per day all winter. Still not enough hunters, not nearly enough tags available. Not enough native hunters to help out during the rest of the year.

Funniest thing I've seen is a neighbor posting NO Hunting/No Tresspassing signs all along our shared border. Only way he did so was to tresspass on my side, since his is impassible bush.

Comment

On the bird side.
                    NO American hunters this yr was awesome..
                    With the trespassing thing.
                    We have mega problems with snowmobiles staying on our trails.

Comment

Seems to be more deer than ever around here too. A couple of easy winters will do that.
                      With the lack of surface water around the Ghetto, a hunter would only have to hide in the reeds around shallow dug-outs and wait for the deer to come to you.

Partners, I haven't seen a single duck this fall.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                        We are so over run with deer and moose, and moose and mule deer draws are so pitifully rare compared to the massive populations, that I allow any and all hunters in an attempt to mitigate the damage these critters cause. Word gets out, everyone asks permission. Often offer meat in return. Often offer to help out in exchange. One guy comes before hunting season and cuts fallen trees out of the field edges and fences. All are respectful. I've even allowed them to drive into the crop to recover a moose on over wintered crops, two wheel tracks for a few hundred feet are far better then 4 footed moose tracks multiple times per day all winter. Still not enough hunters, not nearly enough tags available. Not enough native hunters to help out during the rest of the year.

Funniest thing I've seen is a neighbor posting NO Hunting/No Tresspassing signs all along our shared border. Only way he did so was to tresspass on my side, since his is impassible bush.
                        Interesting note with native hunters is if you give them permission to hunt moose, they might hunt all night with spotlights. We have learned they legally can if they have permission from landowner.

You are correct there aren’t enough tags given out, especially to farmers with moose/elk on their land.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                          Interesting note with native hunters is if you give them permission to hunt moose, they might hunt all night with spotlights. We have learned they legally can if they have permission from landowner.

You are correct there aren’t enough tags given out, especially to farmers with moose/elk on their land.
                          They have been nothing but respectful, and careful to the point it is almost comical. They appreciate the opportunity more than any white hunter I have met, and don't want to jeopardize that.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...