Big fish nets

Commodity Marketing

Tools

Big fish nets

Klause's Avatar Oct 17, 2020 | 20:54 1 So we stocked our dugout this past spring. Now we want to harvest. Where's a good source of large nets for harvesting dish out of dugouts? 80' wide 200 long. Reply With Quote
Oct 17, 2020 | 21:04 2 http://lakefish.net/ Reply With Quote
Oct 17, 2020 | 21:13 3 Shallow dug-outs have a skim of ice on them here. Are the deep ones still open?

I could lend you my banana hammock.
Last edited by farmaholic; Oct 17, 2020 at 21:20.
Oct 17, 2020 | 21:24 4 Talk to First Nations, or possibly contact an old rig friend from Newfoundland.

Is there any commercial fishing in Sask at all, probably the wrong province to be looking for a large fishing net. Wouldn't be a problem in Manitoba. Reply With Quote
LEP
Oct 17, 2020 | 22:37 5
Quote Originally Posted by farmaholic View Post
Shallow dug-outs have a skim of ice on them here. Are the deep ones still open?

I could lend you my banana hammock.
That would only catch small fish. Reply With Quote
  • 3 Likes

• LEP
    Oct 17, 2020 | 22:37 6
    Quote Originally Posted by LEP View Post
    That would only catch small fish.
    Oct 17, 2020 | 23:03 7
    ....... I'm thinking. Reply With Quote
    Oct 17, 2020 | 23:06 8 ..... think of it as "the one that got away"! Reply With Quote
    Oct 17, 2020 | 23:13 9 Name:  animals-fish-fishing-fisherman-anglers-fishing_rod-smb060508_low.jpg
Views: 715
Size:  91.9 KB

Klauses rainbow trout. Reply With Quote
    Oct 18, 2020 | 06:57 10 I’d check back where ever you purchased the fish from in the spring. The longer you can leave them and the colder the water is helped get rid of the muddy taste but can quickly become one cold, wet project. Reply With Quote
    Oct 18, 2020 | 07:18 11
    That would only catch small fish.

Ya, I think Klause was looking for a real fish net.

He can get a minnow trap anywhere... Reply With Quote
    Oct 18, 2020 | 07:32 12 Halfords in Edmonton used to have nets. Oh I remember that job well. One of the more brutal tasks in the world. They should have a show about it. Call it dugout harvest. Show the blue numb fingers trying to remove slippery, ice cold fish from twisted tangled fast freezing nets. Then show the same fingers trying to unravel frozen nets from the scattered pile at the fishers feet. Might need to be a silent movie. Cuz the cussing will be unreal!

Rainbows I presume Klause? Good luck. There do look to be a few days near zero coming up. Hope they’re right. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Oct 18, 2020 | 07:33 13 Just looked and halfords still carries gill nets. Google halfords in Edmonton. Search fish nets in the catalogue search bar Reply With Quote
    Oct 18, 2020 | 09:07 14 Build a pipe bomb or mabey tanerite floated on a raft my do the trick,working on that drilling rig you probably have access to explosives. Probably not legal but if you dont get caught it is . Reply With Quote
    Oct 18, 2020 | 09:20 15 Stick of dynamite works good. Reply With Quote
    GDR
    Oct 18, 2020 | 09:24 16
    Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    Build a pipe bomb or mabey tanerite floated on a raft my do the trick,working on that drilling rig you probably have access to explosives. Probably not legal but if you dont get caught it is .
    I went on a fish counting exercise with some government biologists one time. They shock the fish and they float to the top stunned for about half an hour then wake up. I'm sure it was a special generator they used but kinda looked like a welder and they put the cables in the water. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

GDR

• Oct 18, 2020 | 12:10 17 Maybe they have some big fishnets at the internment camps. 😂 sick sense of humor this morning. Reply With Quote
    Oct 18, 2020 | 13:26 18 Fishnets huh.
    I was kinda turned on till I clicked
    On it. Not so much now. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Oct 18, 2020 | 17:11 19
    Quote Originally Posted by Klause View Post
    So we stocked our dugout this past spring. Now we want to harvest. Where's a good source of large nets for harvesting dish out of dugouts? 80' wide 200 long.
    A lot of people over in the Annaheim, Lake Lenore area net fish every year. You’re not far away you must have some contacts over there. Reply With Quote
    Oct 18, 2020 | 18:29 20
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheepwheat View Post
    Just looked and halfords still carries gill nets. Google halfords in Edmonton. Search fish nets in the catalogue search bar
    Where is the best place to buy brook trout, etc for stocking dugouts or small lakes? Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Klause's Avatar Oct 19, 2020 | 09:47 21
    Quote Originally Posted by redleaf View Post
    A lot of people over in the Annaheim, Lake Lenore area net fish every year. You’re not far away you must have some contacts over there.

Thanks for the informative and fun y thread.

You gave me an idea. Got a net lined up I can borrow... Actually didn't realize they net fished in Lake Lenore before. Reply With Quote
    Oct 19, 2020 | 10:23 22
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver88 View Post
    Where is the best place to buy brook trout, etc for stocking dugouts or small lakes?
    Brook IEW don’t do to well in stagnant water bodies. But try the fish culture station at Fort Quappelle.. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like