• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harvest Happenings

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harvest Happenings

Latest cash selling method

Instantly sell and transfer warehoused grain to a cash price in an easy, three step process without needing to contact the buyer beforehand
    Check and compare prices and payment terms from multiple buyers

TOT occurs automatically upon funds transfer.

Will frequenters update this thread as harvest goes on so i dont clog site up with my BS.

All thing relevant to my harvest which maybe of slight interest.

Will encompass cash prices export and domestic yields and pics.

And general australian commentry market opinion. Weather etc etc.

Unlike sask3 weekly update which is great this one just gonna roll on.
    Last edited by malleefarmer; Oct 16, 2020, 22:19.

Latest storage fees at elevators have dropped to $1.65 per tonne.

Free month of delivery and following month.

Exporters trying to get more grain into system less on farm.

I have some on farm storage no way i can store it for that.

Gonna be a active sell8ng season by exporters obviously.

Comment

Maybe importing countries don't want to run the supply cupboard too low, like being on your last roll of toilet paper and you can't buy any more.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
        Maybe importing countries don't want to run the supply cupboard too low, like being on your last roll of toilet paper and you can't buy any more.
        Always glossy magazines but aint quite the same........

Comment

After imports of hundreds of thousands of tonnes from Canada the last while, Australian exporters must be eager to get back to business....

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
            Always glossy magazines but aint quite the same........
            Some publications aren't even worthy of the task, glossy or not!

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
              After imports of hundreds of thousands of tonnes from Canada the last while, Australian exporters must be eager to get back to business....
              Mentioned it a while back huge crops.

Heardfrom aguy 8n blue ribbon area in our state has a lazy 6000 acres hes hoping to average errr 8 t ha barley 7 t ha wheat and 3 to 4 t hacanola.

Rough prices were he lives barley 190 on farm wheat 260 and canola could even get to $600.

Blue ribbon land has blue ribbon price probably $3500 to 4000 per acre

Comment

Another new option, 24 hour payment.

Worked into price of course.

Deliver grain friday take the missus shopping saturday

Comment

Malt barley is gonnabe a struggle, price wise.

Local brewery here gonna shut after i think 130 yrs.

3 reasons andits world wide.

Beer consumption down 20% in calender year.

Covid people aint going out.
                  Covid people aint got spare income.
                  World weather cooler people just aint had the beer drinking weather.

Today for intance should be mid 20 s low thirties approaching harvest 16 c aint beer weather for a Saturday arvo. Harvest will be two weeks behind.

Curr3nt spread between malt one and feed barley here about $5.

Our house beer only when super hot or visitors always buy a box for guests in case its there poison.
                  I have gin and tonic alot. As does missus.

So i dont help matters much.

Guess your beer season done over there as well.

Comment

Worldwide weather cooler ????
                    Surely you jest , my friend

Comment

Canada must be the exception to that. I think all alcohol drinking has gone up 😆

Your storage in elevators... it’s still hard to get my head around. They are large bins correct? What would the average size be you’d say? I’ve gotten the impression your grain is mixed with anyone else’s grain of similar use/quality. So there might be 10 farmers grain in that one bin.

Then if one of those 10 sells 200 tonne, 200 of the mixed grain is pulled out of the bin and sold.

If I’ve got the gist of it correct... then how often are quality issues a concern. Especially in certain crops - canola, malt, peas, etc - and especially after extended storage. Are the elevators doing anything to protect quality, like turning the bins, and monitoring it?

Comment

Looking forward to it Mallee.

Enjoy your commentary from Oz and especially your pics.

Maybe you could add some pics from the terminal and the transports that get it there.

Also your farm supply depot and equipment they use.

Thanks again.

Comment

That's a very good question Blaithin. Because here maintaining grain quality is my responsibility. Even after its sold and undelivered.....even if the GrainCo doesn't take it in the "contracted" delivery period.

Another one sided joke.

Comment

That's a very good question Blaithin. Because here maintaining grain quality is my responsibility. Even after its sold and undelivered.....even if the GrainCo doesn't take it in the "contracted" delivery period.

Another one sided joke.
                            Elevators also ensure quality.

They don’t let bins sit for months without turning. They don’t put tough layers in with dry. Factors like heated, high dockage, rotten, even bug bits, will get things separated so as to not cause potential issue with grain that doesn’t have those factors.

No, they don’t want to take in grain they don’t have a train for for months because that’s months they have to spend watching it to make sure it doesn’t turn into a mess in a massive bin.

I can’t see Australian terminals just dumping all of a farmers grain into a bin all together, with other farmers grain, and letting it sit, and crossing their fingers that it’ll all come out of the bin looking the exact same as it went in. Which is why it’s curious to me how they do it and on what scale. Hundred tonne bins? Thousand tonne bins?

Comment

Another one sided joke.
                              Shit , we are responsible for it even after they have it

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.