• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GPS theft

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come on now guys no whining and complaining on Agriville, us farmers have it so easy nowadays . All those subsidies and all ,just hit the easy button on this grain farming stuff

Comment

Theft is nearly every day occurrence in this area that absolutely no one will address... let’s worry about garbage from the US ... constantly. Meanwhile friends, neighbors , relatives and getting thieved almost daily .. but nope let’s bring up anything else with zero regards to Western Canadian farms to deflect real issues facing us daily ..... orange man bad

Comment

same around here , and they'll be surprised when the shit hits the fan

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
          Describe it please. Steering only?

Lots to control on a sprayer.
          And sectional control seeding.
          Agleader Integra. Ontrac2+ steering. Air cart and blockage on it. It's just the NMEA receiver supplying the position data. Section control and all that good stuff is from the Integra. My sprayer came with an outback system for steering and section control. It's ok. Swather and tractors have $300 RTK rovers each. Sc****r has one. Auto hydraulic control for the blade on a tablet. Accurate to the cm. That part was almost free. Keep pulling out the cheque book though. Those dealers need it for their palatial shops.

Comment

The deflection on real life issues here is sickening

Oh but Trump tweeted this , or said that . And the solar output in Australia is great ... who gives a phuck really ??? When one lives in fear that something might get stolen or broke into every single night ??
            *** I don’t get it .
            Last edited by furrowtickler; Oct 16, 2020, 19:35.

Comment

Originally posted by Tucker View Post
              Agleader Integra. Ontrac2+ steering. Air cart and blockage on it. It's just the NMEA receiver supplying the position data. Section control and all that good stuff is from the Integra. My sprayer came with an outback system for steering and section control. It's ok. Swather and tractors have $300 RTK rovers each. Sc****r has one. Auto hydraulic control for the blade on a tablet. Accurate to the cm. That part was almost free. Keep pulling out the cheque book though. Those dealers need it for their palatial shops.
              Oh. The base unit at the shop sends corrections to the net. I use my phone in the cab to bluetooth correction data to the rover gps. No radios or line of sight to worry about. Cell dead zones more than 5 minutes or so might make it go to RTK Float. Might use a couple MB of data during the whole seeding season. All that is free.

Comment

I was told by a jd mechanic that they can't be tracked as well. I think it's easier for them to take $21000 from you than get in the middle of criminal investigation.
                I sold a jd tractor with 2600 to a guy but transferred my activation to my new tractor. It 2 phone calls and serial numbers and activation codes. If they are using your stolen 2630 they are either using it under your name or they have to phone in and give serial numbers etc to get switched to a different name (should easy to catch). Jd should be able to kill the activation at the least, making it worthless.
                Watch auctions for them as well.
                Did JD transfer your activation or sell you a new one?

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                  The deflection on real life issues here is sickening

Oh but Trump tweeted this , or said that . And the solar output in Australia is great ... who gives a phuck really ??? When one lives in fear that something might get stolen or broke into every single night ??
                  *** I don’t get it .
                  Sorry furrow, I understand the frustration and I have no solution to that problem. I just am vehemently opposed to the gps tech screwing farmers get daily and took this chance to spout off on that topic. I lock my cabs at night with any equipment I have to leave on the field too. Luckily I've never been violated that way.

Comment

Regardless I hope they catch the absolute losers who stole your GPS .
                    Rural theft has gone crazy and absolutely no one will talk about it , why , because they think it’s insured and no one will pay ffs . We all pay in higher insurance rates . Ours has double the past few years because of the theft in this area .. great add that to the seed extortion and extra carbon tax ...... yup life on the farm so easy fml

Comment

Originally posted by Tucker View Post
                      Sorry furrow, I understand the frustration and I have no solution to that problem. I just am vehemently opposed to the gps tech screwing farmers get daily and took this chance to spout off on that topic. I lock my cabs at night with any equipment I have to leave on the field too. Luckily I've never been violated that way.
                      so why wouldn't someone that knows this stuff start a business ?
                      its not that easy for a lot of us

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                        Regardless I hope they catch the absolute losers who stole your GPS .
                        Rural theft has gone crazy and absolutely no one will talk about it , why , because they think it’s insured and no one will pay ffs . We all pay in higher insurance rates . Ours has double the past few years because of the theft in this area .. great add that to the seed extortion and extra carbon tax ...... yup life on the farm so easy fml
                        most never goes through insurance anyways , our pump and filter was a grand , not worth the claim

Comment

Yeah for a farm insurance policy still going to cost us 11 thousand by the time we pay deductible and lose are claims free discount. Insurance doesn't help the problem. Never had issues here ever until now with thefts. Jd has the unit that went missing flagged as stolen but will only work if someone come into dealership to get it fixed.

Comment

WTF, how much is your deductible and how big is your premium that it would cost 11 grand to file the claim.
                            I guess it takes a while to get a full claims free premium discount back.

Insurance, the Company loop hole industry. Seems there's always an angle.

Comment

Phone Deere NOC and remove your activations, and report it stolen.

They can flag it in the BIM and then if somebody phones to reactivate it it'll be flagged

also feel free to PM me the serial # if you have it in case somebody brings it to us for repair, if you'd like.

Comment

I thought the technology in jd equip was the property of john deere. Maybe it is their loss and should replace it on their dime.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.