• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

What a week to end the harvest Season. The last farm in our area to finish is now done.

Ok, the Guy who Plays the system still hasn't done much but he is such a good farmer.

Most crops were Below average compared to the last three to five years. Just saying not to many farms had 60 plus canola. A bumper was 45 this year and lots were 25 or less.

Durum yields lower than HRS again for most.

Most farms are burning, Ok yesterday was a little windy please watch what you're doing.

Fall work is getting done for the first time in a very long time. Most in our area finish and the next day or two it snows and you play shed tetras not fall tillage. We are either running heavy harrows or Kelly or a new machine from Manitoba that we have on Demo, more later. Did get a section worked end to end. It was direct seeded since 1981. It was time.

Cat work and landscaping begins in about a week.

Good deals on Ammonia .37 plus delivery up to .44. That's a decent price.

The ground is dry and so far we are only at .99 of an inch since Sept 1. I would like that to be 4 in before freeze up so at least we have a chance in 2021 for a good crop.

Bales are getting picked and grain is moving. Cows moving home and pastures are done.

Oh, this is what's called a normal fall. Except for the fricking wind. It's nuts.

Funny machinery is insane. Got a price on a new sprayer, The difference is more than RB auctions cash price on a two year old one. Is the 10000-acre farm dead and it's just the 30000 to 50000 club that will remain? Any investor wants to hand me $100,000,000.00 million I have a plan that is way better than any they currently use. Just saying Call.

Have a great day I'm not convinced we're done just yet as farmers I still think the most profitable farm is the 5000-acre farm but when your offered $500,000.00 per quarter money changes everything.

Have a great day and be safe don't get the COVID. HAHAHA

Click image for larger version

Name:	E4AD6D47-11FA-4DDC-B80C-DCB374674D45.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	770233

Name:	A00FD6B6-0783-4934-870B-33154563E7A7.jpg
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	770234

Name:	DE8910AC-178E-40A9-84B5-F6C7D49EA5D6.jpg
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	770235

Fire and wind are a touchy combination.

Name:	8EFCE78D-F6F8-4B2E-9231-349B4A090B37.jpg
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	770236

Ah for those who wondered about how dry things are yea bit much of the west is really wet.

Comment

Minus 8 at Ghetto Central.

Park the sprayer and get out the granular applicator.

Comment

Funny machinery is insane. Got a price on a new sprayer, The difference is more than RB auctions cash price on a two year old one. Is the 10000-acre farm dead and it's just the 30000 to 50000 club that will remain? Any investor wants to hand me $100,000,000.00 million I have a plan that is way better than any they currently use. Just saying Call.

Thats an interesting comment....that is what the government policy has done in the past 2 decades...

Cut the farm support , ignore farmers, and watch guys say " Phuck it" while the BTO continues to grow....back by the same institution that wouldn't help the smaller guy...

Those back rooms at places like FCC have to be pretty busy when the canola crop is a little short on revenue ...inputs for 50 ...yield of 35 or less....contracts that are filled with the 35bpa and no extra for net revenue...

The good news is daddy knows how to handle the guys at FCC since he phucked FCC 20 years ago......they have a new bunch that don't know shit and their jobs are on the line as opposed to forcing a guy out with a multi million dollar payout.
        Last edited by bucket; Oct 15, 2020, 07:03.

Comment

I think it's a little bigger than FCC. Its banks betting on the BTO vs the guy with Zero opp and cash in savings and checking plus paid for land and equity in everything. Its investors looking for 2% return and foreign ownership of land. ITs all about the flash and zero cash.

Why can't we all just get along?

A new normal in farming is coming but guys who are 60 are looking at a payday to retire or work like a fool and keep going.

First land sale in our area in three years happened and it was Chinese leaving and Young Canadian farmers taking over. The last sale was uncle to nephew and aunt to other side nephews.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
            First land sale in our area in three years happened and it was Chinese leaving and Young Canadian farmers taking over. The last sale was uncle to nephew and aunt to other side nephews.
            Farmers are always late getting to the party, they show up when everyone else is leaving and then they don't know when to leave themselves.

I sat on my hands while land prices continued on their parabolic trajectory, but would probably be schtoopit enough to buy in at the peak and hope to ride the much slower train of appreciation and hope the fúcker doesn't derail!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
              I think it's a little bigger than FCC. Its banks betting on the BTO vs the guy with Zero opp and cash in savings and checking plus paid for land and equity in everything. Its investors looking for 2% return and foreign ownership of land. ITs all about the flash and zero cash.

Why can't we all just get along?

A new normal in farming is coming but guys who are 60 are looking at a payday to retire or work like a fool and keep going.

Yup betting on the BTO....who ends up begging government for help with TFW or having the ability to access government programs like CEBA ...

So now the small guy with paid off land is competing against the BTO with access to the Canadian treasury, competing against the 75 billion Trump has thrown the american farmer which has distorted the markets....and competing against the Russians who see agriculture as a profit centre for their country and have invested in infrastructure ...

The kicker here ....even the Canadian big guys will eventually need more than just a little help...and in the long term it would have been easier to keep the smaller farmers and the next generation afloat.

Comment

I think the two biggest surprises for producers and for the market was barley and canola yields. Barley yields were average around here at best and feed barley is $5 at the bin door in central Alberta right now as a result. Personally my barley yields were slightly below average and canola yields average. I have talked to a few guys that threw everything but the kitchen sink at their canola and were happy with the yields but they are the exception not the rule. Around here wheat and hay were the only crops that met farmers expectations.

Comment

Yep barley yields were down and canola is down and wheat was a average and durum the same. Oats yields down also. Plus flax etc. Peas were good to normal.

Oh right our ag minister said it was the top five crops ever Hahahah must bot grow much where he is from.

Comment

About twelve acres of hailed barley left. Stupid case wobble box giving me fits again the last few days. Got about five acres done yesterday.

Ccccoooooollllllllddddd out there this morning!

Comment

New equipment prices are retarded.
                      But still shop around.
                      What a eye opener..
                      Oh ya..guess who is highest?

Comment

Any guesses on dealer cash profit on a 700000 piece of equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by rumrocks View Post
                          Any guesses on dealer cash profit on a 700000 piece of equipment.
                          My guess 300k.

Comment

Comment

Name:	912E4A0E-E375-4977-8E49-4769E5EF6712.jpg
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	770237

New toy to try 40 ftis max

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List