• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dry in all of the Northern Hemisphere but the Market only cares about Russia.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dry in all of the Northern Hemisphere but the Market only cares about Russia.

I ask all farmers in Western Canada to go out for a ride take a 1/2 in rebar and pound it into your ground three ft then try to pull it out.

If it goes in like butter and is easy to get out it's wet.

If it doesn't go in at all or bends or sticks in the ground it's dry.

I like a freeze up with about 4 inches of rain in fall. Last fall the rainfall was 6 so we didn't need much to grow a crop in 2020. But so far this falls it's like all summer 1/10 at a time or **** all. Since crop came off we are at .97 of an inch.

Now the funny thing every day I get an email or read an article about Russia or Ukraine being bone dry. Zero or just a quick sound bite that some parts of western Canada are dry.

No major rain happened in 2020 and basically nothing for the last 90 days. Shouldn't that be major news?

Nope, not in Canada. Were going to be told Ukraine is dry so they won't be planting extra canola or what is planted won't survive the winter so MR Farmer better get your seed its running short and go balls to the wall. Oh on the price for fall Nah we want it cheap so 50dollar basis is about right.

Now today Russia is so dry that seeding winter wheat didn't really happen and what is seeded is in trouble. Dah how much got seeded in Canada and how well is it doing?

When the gas tank is empty its empty and all the wishing in the world won't get it to rain if the atmosphere isn't letting rain into an area. Throw in a La Nina or La Quinta or whatever LA LA LA thing and were going to be dry for a while.

Drews forecast wasn't very rosy either with a continuation up till freeze-up of the same shit we're getting now.

The early harvest that all are so happy for wouldn't happen if it was a great crop and we were wet.

Now, go pound some rods.

Does ground this dry freeze?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	770231

......its only a mild case of barkyarditis!

Comment

He be putin it into underground storage. No gluten for Zing Ping dumplings. DARN

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
          Poor crops in Russia very dry

I hear rivers and basins are dry

Good luck buying wheat from Putin

What are talking about....Putin could buy all of canada's wheat and no farmers would know....and he could resell it at a good profit...

Thank the WCWGA and the conservatives...

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
            No, but on the positive side if not froze it will suck up all of the snow melt in the spring. This is the driest I have seen it in the NE for a long time. I have neighbors that are putting juice on cereal stubble and it is working up better than I would have thought. Here in the NE we will get snow and that will help in the spring but like my dad used to tell me "you can't grow a crop on snow."

Comment

Time is running out for useful moisture to recharge any soil in many dry areas .
              A heavy wet snowfall that melts before the real freeze may be the best case scenario now for that huge dry area in western Canada
              Hoping the best for those who are that dry
              We have been there , not a great feeling

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                I ask all farmers in Western Canada to go out for a ride take a 1/2 in rebar and pound it into your ground three ft then try to pull it out.

If it goes in like butter and is easy to get out it's wet.

If it doesn't go in at all or bends or sticks in the ground it's dry.

I like a freeze up with about 4 inches of rain in fall. Last fall the rainfall was 6 so we didn't need much to grow a crop in 2020. But so far this falls it's like all summer 1/10 at a time or **** all. Since crop came off we are at .97 of an inch.

Now the funny thing every day I get an email or read an article about Russia or Ukraine being bone dry. Zero or just a quick sound bite that some parts of western Canada are dry.

No major rain happened in 2020 and basically nothing for the last 90 days. Shouldn't that be major news?

Nope, not in Canada. Were going to be told Ukraine is dry so they won't be planting extra canola or what is planted won't survive the winter so MR Farmer better get your seed its running short and go balls to the wall. Oh on the price for fall Nah we want it cheap so 50dollar basis is about right.

Now today Russia is so dry that seeding winter wheat didn't really happen and what is seeded is in trouble. Dah how much got seeded in Canada and how well is it doing?

When the gas tank is empty its empty and all the wishing in the world won't get it to rain if the atmosphere isn't letting rain into an area. Throw in a La Nina or La Quinta or whatever LA LA LA thing and were going to be dry for a while.

Drews forecast wasn't very rosy either with a continuation up till freeze-up of the same shit we're getting now.

The early harvest that all are so happy for wouldn't happen if it was a great crop and we were wet.

Now, go pound some rods.
                no need to pound here, just drop it out the truck window in one of those 4" cracks, you won't see it again

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                  nope, not a chance , will start blowing in jan. if no white shit falls

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                    no need to pound here, just drop it out the truck window in one of those 4" cracks, you won't see it again
                    Until the frost years later pushes it up into a tire????

Comment

I ask all farmers in Western Canada to go out for a ride take a 1/2 in rebar and pound it into your ground three ft then try to pull it out. You really have no concept of soil outside your world, what would the point be in my dirt?

Comment

Are you clay, clay loam or sand.

Comment

I didn’t realize Saskatchewan was all of the Northern Hemisphere 🤔🤔

Plenty of places here that aren’t dry.

Comment

Yea ok so your wet good I was over wet for years and then one day it stopped raining.

Comment

Funny how that works.

It was dry here for years and then all of a sudden... it started to rain!

Never would have guessed it could happen, myself.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...