• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Makin’ it black

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Makin’ it black

Well actually more grey or brown😉 Our dirt ain’t that pretty.

Cleared this quarter last winter and it was way too wet this spring and summer to do anything with. Now I can roam over it all albeit slow at 4-5 mph with ten feet. Probably hit it twice with the breaking disc and then the whisek can finish it off.

My dad and his cousin are finishing up some drainage that we started five years ago. Putting some tile in as well which the first time for us. This early (for us) harvest has been amazing. Actually finished drying today. Yippee

Just curious what everyone else is doing in the field?

We finished up Friday with discing , spraying and running the gates coulter harrow .
    Most low areas around here were discoed up then the harrows come come over and level er out
    Some guys run the pro tills through all low areas, they do an awesome job and leave a smooth finish .
    Just have some deep banding to do where the Fabas and Blackbeans are going next year now
    Some NH3 going down right now in area

Comment

Makin' it black in NE sask too. Cleaning up sprayer ruts and drowned out weed patches.

Comment

I finished a few weeks ago, all land deep tilled at least twice, and heavy harrowed. Blacker the better!
        Have been cleaning field surface drains, never now when the big rains will return (Not looking too likely)

Comment

Finished up baling oats/peas forage mix this morning for a neighbour. Wrapped them today.

After the whjeat came off, he airflowed the seed on - 70lbs oat, 30 lbs peas and then did a diagonal pass with the VT.

Perfect growing conditions after he seeded it, rain and heat, had a terrific crop, about 5 - 4.5' bales/acre, but it was rougher than old harry. Nearly shook the outfit apart and not going very fast. The bales in the field before were 930kgs in the mixer wagon.

Corn is drying down nicely, around the 26% mark now. Waiting on paperwork to build our dryer bin.

Damned government regulations. Bunch of stupid crooks. Or are we the stupid ones for letting them get away with it...

Comment

Hats off to you guys that are done done👍

I think would need till Christmas to get there. Still have a dugout to dig and miles of fence to do but that can happen after freeze up if required.

Anyone got some spare time?😉

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
              Finished up baling oats/peas forage mix this morning for a neighbour. Wrapped them today.

After the whjeat came off, he airflowed the seed on - 70lbs oat, 30 lbs peas and then did a diagonal pass with the VT.

Perfect growing conditions after he seeded it, rain and heat, had a terrific crop, about 5 - 4.5' bales/acre, but it was rougher than old harry. Nearly shook the outfit apart and not going very fast. The bales in the field before were 930kgs in the mixer wagon.

Corn is drying down nicely, around the 26% mark now. Waiting on paperwork to build our dryer bin.

Damned government regulations. Bunch of stupid crooks. Or are we the stupid ones for letting them get away with it...
              What kind of paperwork do you need out therefore ? Here I am lucky that I didn’t need anything. Didn’t even get a permit for the Natural Gas or electrical since it’s a genset. I guess living in the bush past Timbuktu has its perks sometimes.

Comment

Most fall harrowing done.
                Tried my 330 turbo disc on a problem field. Lodged straw still green.
                Ground so damn hard and dry i made a mess. Had hopes of some Avadex spreading yet. Forecast closing in.
                Installed a culvert today.
                Machinery not stored.
                Have one problem child I'd love to make black and turn over but may not happen.

Comment

Combining.

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
                    Hats off to you guys that are done done👍

I think would need till Christmas to get there. Still have a dugout to dig and miles of fence to do but that can happen after freeze up if required.

Anyone got some spare time?😉
                    Will run the 8n for beer and lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
                      What kind of paperwork do you need out therefore ? Here I am lucky that I didn’t need anything. Didn’t even get a permit for the Natural Gas or electrical since it’s a genset. I guess living in the bush past Timbuktu has its perks sometimes.
                      Found out that the building permit application process calls for a stamped drawing for the bin base. Complete and utter embezzlement and larceny. Identical bins and soil conditions on either side of my farm but can't use a standard drawing.

The engineer doesn't even need to see the site, but the drawing must be site specific. So he pulls up a generic bin pad drawing on his computer, types my farm location and name onto it, hits 'PRINT' and sends it to me for a mere $450.

And if I were to be building 2 identical bins side by side, the process calls for 2 individually stamped drawings.

So what's it really about?

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
                        Will run the 8n for beer and lunch.
                        It’s fuelled up ready to roll😉

Comment

#greydirtmatters

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
                            Found out that the building permit application process calls for a stamped drawing for the bin base. Complete and utter embezzlement and larceny. Identical bins and soil conditions on either side of my farm but can't use a standard drawing.

The engineer doesn't even need to see the site, but the drawing must be site specific. So he pulls up a generic bin pad drawing on his computer, types my farm location and name onto it, hits 'PRINT' and sends it to me for a mere $450.

And if I were to be building 2 identical bins side by side, the process calls for 2 individually stamped drawings.

So what's it really about?
                            its just a simple "fu-k the farmer tax"

Comment

Combining alfalfa seed. Always happens after everything else is done.
                              Really like it black but the ground is so hard and dry it would work up in big chunks and be really hard on equipment. If it stays dry until freeze up, moisture might be in short supply next spring so might be better with the ground covered.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...