• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hydroxy

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soys are over half off in this part of the country. Our yields were a solid average. They exceeded my expectations since the bottom half of the plants had long inter-nodes and only 2 pods per node.

But the top half flowered after that critical 2" rain came. Good pod-set there and bigger pods.

Some areas were a bit higher, some lower - all depends on which side of the shower line you were on.

Sold about 3/4s so far, a better than average price for me. If I hadn't fed 15/bu/ac to the bear back in the spring, I would have had some of my highest prices ever. The bull has been much better to me lately! :-)

The IP premium of 4 bucks for SO3W4s (incl. 45 cents for stored on farm until March) is huge on the bottom line.

I know there are quite a few on here that do not think storage infrastructure should be the farmer's responsibility, but it pays very well here.

Today we are starting the base for a 27" x 5 or 6 GSI drying bin with a stirrator. I'm a low volume grain producer with low time pressure so plan to use a wood-fired burner for heating source. We got tonnes of firewood with the province-wide ash tree die-off.

Not sure if this is the right time to be adding infrastructure, but last year I left a lot of coin on the table by having to take wet, low bushel weight crop to the elevator.

How wrong could it be if it's 20% ROI?

Comment

It did not take long for the trumpet sheeple on this list to learn from Trumps debate. You don't like what is being said, just interrupt, distract and yell nonsense over the other person. Demand that all posters only post what self important you consider appropriate and agree with.

This is a public forum and no one is forcing you to take part. If you do not like what is posted, ignore instead of hijacking the thread. Or leave altogether.
      Last edited by dmlfarmer; Oct 1, 2020, 07:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Herc View Post
        West Central. Canola was average, high 40’s. Down 10% from last year.
        Barely making 30 here. Some lower some higher. High 30s to 40 is average for us.

Comment

Most averages around NW Manitoba were 40-50. Down a fair bit from the last 3 years but those years were exceptional

Comment

I was really wondering about the price of calves this year? Or should I be buying barley and really loose next
            Spring? Whenever I keep yearlings it seems the market crashes.

I guess I should keep on topic and and talk about herding cats.

Comment

How is harvest turning out in your area dml?

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
                Barely making 30 here. Some lower some higher. High 30s to 40 is average for us.
                Seen some numbers on twitter out of the RM of Two Hills... 5, 8, and 10bu canola... Brutal! Some major contract buying out happening! One farmer managed to scr-ape together enough canola to send ONE super B to town to put against their contract. They will likely have all empty bins this year, as it sounded like everything was going to go against off combine contracts. Shes a BIG ONE!

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                  Don’t you know nothing works like drinking bleach or putting an infra red light up your ass! And think of rhe sensation experienced from both of those ideas besides being cured.
                  Back on topic: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/30/us/politics/trump-coronavirus-misinformation.html https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/30/us/politics/trump-coronavirus-misinformation.html

Trump made up nearly 38 percent of the overall “misinformation conversation,” making the president the largest driver of the “infodemic” — falsehoods involving the pandemic. Which is why Jazz et al. had no hope other then to mimic what their hero pushed.

A good lesson here, when it comes to listening to people who spend a lifetime learning about medicine or ones that repeat one syllable words incoherently, go with the first group.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                    Back on topic: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/30/us/politics/trump-coronavirus-misinformation.html https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/30/us/politics/trump-coronavirus-misinformation.html

Trump made up nearly 38 percent of the overall “misinformation conversation,” making the president the largest driver of the “infodemic” — falsehoods involving the pandemic. Which is why Jazz et al. had no hope other then to mimic what their hero pushed.

A good lesson here, when it comes to listening to people who spend a lifetime learning about medicine or ones that repeat one syllable words incoherently, go with the first group.
                    And to which group does agstar belong?

Comment

Talking about jazz, where is he? I must have missed something.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post

Like Bill Gates the computer guy telling the world to use his vaccine?? Ya ok

Comment

Originally posted by TSIPP View Post
                          I was really wondering about the price of calves this year? Or should I be buying barley and really loose next
                          Spring? Whenever I keep yearlings it seems the market crashes.

I guess I should keep on topic and and talk about herding cats.
                          how are the cattle prices compared to the average ? or say long term ? don't follow them at all

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                            how are the cattle prices compared to the average ? or say long term ? don't follow them at all
                            It’s looking pretty good right now, no gravy but a little better than usual.

Comment

gezus, you guys let agstarr push a bogus study for 3 days without challenging him.

Takes a 3 second search to find Fauci advocating for HCQ back in 2013 for MERS and study with his name on it from 2005 highlighting it as a treatment.

The poorest countries in the world without decent medical facilities are prescribing it because it costs 80c a day and they have half the cases and deaths that others do.

There are more than 150 studies still looking at HCQ. Whats wrong with those scientists? Why wont they listen to agstarr and stop? Science is settled right?
                              Last edited by jazz; Oct 2, 2020, 09:44.

Comment

It speaks volumes when agstar hopes an affordable treatment doesn’t work, tds at its worst

I’m pretty sure agstarr77 needs a prescription of Hydroxy, it’s a cure for tds.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...