• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USDA today, very supportive.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USDA today, very supportive.

Corn Stocks Down 10 Percent from September 2019

Soybean Stocks Down 42 Percent

All Wheat Stocks Down 8 Percent

Old crop corn stocks in all positions on September 1, 2020 totaled 2.00 billion bushels, down 10 percent from September 1, 2019. Of the total stocks, 751 million bushels are stored on farms, down 8 percent from a year earlier. Off-farm stocks, at 1.24 billion bushels, are down 12 percent from a year ago. The June - August 2020 indicated disappearance is 3.02 billion bushels, compared with 2.98 billion bushels during the same period last year.

Based on an analysis of end-of-marketing year stock estimates, disappearance data for exports, and farm program administrative data, the 2019 corn for grain production is revised up 2.67 million bushels from the previous estimate. Corn silage production is revised up 715 thousand tons. Planted area is revised to 89.7 million acres, and area harvested for grain is revised to 81.3 million acres. Area harvested for silage is revised to 6.62 million acres. The 2019 grain yield, at 167.5 bushels per acre, is up 0.1 bushel from the previous estimate. The 2019 silage yield, at 20.2 tons per acre, remains unchanged from the previous estimate. A table with 2019 acreage, yield, and production estimates by States is included on pages 17 and 18 of this report.

Old crop soybeans stored in all positions on September 1, 2020 totaled 523 million bushels, down 42 percent from September 1, 2019. Soybean stocks stored on farms totaled 141 million bushels, down 47 percent from a year ago. Off-farm stocks, at 382 million bushels, are down 41 percent from last September. Indicated disappearance for June - August 2020 totaled 858 million bushels, down 2 percent from the same period a year earlier.

Based on an analysis of end-of-marketing year stock estimates, disappearance data for exports and crushings, and farm program administrative data, the 2019 soybean production is revised down 333 thousand bushels from the previous estimate. Planted area is unchanged at 76.1 million acres, but harvested area is revised to 74.9 million acres. The 2019 yield, at 47.4 bushels per acre, is unchanged from the previous estimate. A table with 2019 acreage, yield, and production estimates by States is included on page 19 of this report.

All wheat stored in all positions on September 1, 2020 totaled 2.16 billion bushels, down 8 percent from a year ago. On-farm stocks are estimated at 705 million bushels, down 4 percent from last September. Off-farm stocks, at 1.45 billion bushels, are down 10 percent from a year ago. The June - August 2020 indicated disappearance is 695 million bushels, up 4 percent from the same period a year earlier.

Be interesting to see the real western Canadian stocks as well .
    The huge canola carry over was a complete farce .
    Hopefully better pricing opportunities ahead for those of us that farm 👍

Comment

Any yields I’ve been hearing from our area have been less than the expectations were. Demand seems better than usual so the waiting/marketing game begins.

Hopefully I’m somewhat right-ish.

Calf and yearling prices still have a ways to come back to year ago prices. Can’t exactly lock them in a bin and holdout for the “magic number” like barley. Can’t win it all😉

Good luck y’all 🍀

Comment

Judging by my yields and talking with others including elevator guys, canola is behind 10 to 15 from last year, cps less than stellar, oats are 20 bu lower than last year, hrs a few bushels behind but quality and protein better. Into the homestretch for harvest and no big winners or losers just a reasonable average crop. Hauled some oats in and got a #1. Does that even exist?

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
          Any yields I’ve been hearing from our area have been less than the expectations were. Demand seems better than usual so the waiting/marketing game begins.

Hopefully I’m somewhat right-ish.

Calf and yearling prices still have a ways to come back to year ago prices. Can’t exactly lock them in a bin and holdout for the “magic number” like barley. Can’t win it all😉

Good luck y’all 🍀
          It's alot of work, but it seems like you have quite abit of feed. What about stretching your out abit?

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
            It's alot of work, but it seems like you have quite abit of feed. What about stretching your out abit?
            The last few years our yearlings leave in January. It seems either you gotta be first or last when everyone else is pulling the pin on them. Generally I figure a critter here gains 1.5+ lbs a day or so from when they hit the ground till they leave at 1,000 lbs or so. Usually have lots of grub and our cost of gain is economical with no health issues to deal with either. Never taken the leap to getting them custom finished but have thought about it often.

No hurry to move them soon. If the price comes up I’m not overly attached to them either......... playing the waiting/gambling game now😉

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
              Judging by my yields and talking with others including elevator guys, canola is behind 10 to 15 from last year, cps less than stellar, oats are 20 bu lower than last year, hrs a few bushels behind but quality and protein better. Into the homestretch for harvest and no big winners or losers just a reasonable average crop. Hauled some oats in and got a #1. Does that even exist?
              I thought oats had to be cleaned to go #1.......... must be some really pretty and clean stuff.

Comment

The last few years our yearlings leave in January. It seems either you gotta be first or last when everyone else is pulling the pin on them. Generally I figure a critter here gains 1.5+ lbs a day or so from when they hit the ground till they leave at 1,000 lbs or so. Usually have lots of grub and our cost of gain is economical with no health issues to deal with either. Never taken the leap to getting them custom finished but have thought about it often.

No hurry to move them soon. If the price comes up I’m not overly attached to them either......... playing the waiting/gambling game now😉
                That is the right approach imo. Have a plan but if the price looks attractive grab it.

Comment

I thought oats had to be cleaned to go #1.......... must be some really pretty and clean stuff.
                  I thought the same. Sure as hell won’t get anything extra on the upgrade from a #2. They are clean and heavy. This area can grow good oats, barley not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                    I thought the same. Sure as hell won’t get anything extra on the upgrade from a #2. They are clean and heavy. This area can grow good oats, barley not so much.
                    heavy oats are as scarce as hens teeth this year

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...