• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monday morning thought.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday morning thought.

Many denigrate agriville.com some even call it agrisilly or angyville.

If its so bad why hang around.

Dunno maybe thats my common s3nse down under logic,gets a bit tired at times. Maybe my logic gets tired at times as well oh well.

Looking foward to another possibly damp week here 5 to 10 mm here tuesday and warming up to 34c on friday with storms rain sat sunday another potential 15 plus would be icing on the cake and year would be rounded out well. Average to above.

Prices not lofty but ok.

Finally livestock sector picking up from covid gloom.

Off to put gutters on workshop at my age......better get the young-un to do it i might supervise.

I do my part to help keep the bar low for the high jump and high for the Limbo dance.

Comment

Your right Mallee.
      Ignoring should make attention seekers dwindle. And that is on us.
      And, i cant help but tell him what i really think sometimes.
      I stay cause its easier than leaving i guess.

Dumb question.
      Are your crops planted in fall or spring. What i mean by that is do they require a dormancy stage?
      Comparable to our spring crops or winter ones?
      Off to haul canola.

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
        Many denigrate agriville.com some even call it agrisilly or angyville.

If its so bad why hang around.

Dunno maybe thats my common s3nse down under logic,gets a bit tired at times. Maybe my logic gets tired at times as well oh well.

Looking foward to another possibly damp week here 5 to 10 mm here tuesday and warming up to 34c on friday with storms rain sat sunday another potential 15 plus would be icing on the cake and year would be rounded out well. Average to above.

Prices not lofty but ok.

Finally livestock sector picking up from covid gloom.

Off to put gutters on workshop at my age......better get the young-un to do it i might supervise.
        It's a good sign if you need to put gutters on. Wet enough to use them.

Comment

Planting season here late April to late May but plenty of years mid June finish.

Temps late April mid 20s perfect seeding. Day length sunrise 7am sunset sort of 5 to 6 pm. But by June days way shorter. Until mid winter even sorter again temps high teens and moist. Hopefully.

Spring days get longer temps rise up to low 30s this week grain fill happening and harvest mid November to mid jan for some.

So way different than your short plant, growing, and harvest window.

Edit reread your post dormancy happens but due to lack of moisture........

Comment

So if and when the lad can travel to Canada in 21 there’s still a harvest opening somewere amongst you guys 4 weeks work 2 weeks touring should do it.

If air travel ever returns to normality.

Pre occupied lately chasing ladies might never get there.

He is as bad as a farmer choosing seed, has to try all the varieties to see what’s best.

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
              So if and when the lad can travel to Canada in 21 there’s still a harvest opening somewere amongst you guys 4 weeks work 2 weeks touring should do it.

If air travel ever returns to normality.

Pre occupied lately chasing ladies might never get there.

He is as bad as a farmer choosing seed, has to try all the varieties to see what’s best.
              Well if he ever experiences a drought in Oz and has poor rooting, he can always come to.Canada and crack on some local slapa. Beats wanking.
              Last edited by farmaholic; Sep 27, 2020, 22:32.

Comment

Monday evening now lamb chops on the grill awaiting rain tommorow 3/4 finished guttering.

Sorry about my crude outburst today apologies chuck.

See a few of you on combine forum maybe I should head over there and leave you guys in peace.

At least I know if I get to Canuck land again I’m welcome at few of youse humble abodes maybe not meota

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...