• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Herbicide Resistance

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or Edge or rival or or or

They should be viable add ons to a herbicide rotation , but priced way too high
    Rival / Bonanza not too bad

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
      you can lay on 540g/ac of glypho, full rate express SG, 4oz of 2-4D, and 2oz of banvil, and the kochia laugh it off!

1.3L of glufosinate at best kinks them.

540g of glypho with full rate heat, blackhawk, goldwing, aim, or even double rate distinct and they at best quit getting any taller... They still set seed and fail to dry down.

Hit them with reglone and they sort of defoliate. Sometimes they require 2 passes.
      I think there is a common denominator here. Check your water quality. You may need to amend it with additives.

Water is not just water.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
        I think there is a common denominator here. Check your water quality. You may need to amend it with additives.

Water is not just water.
        How much better can potable water direct from the Henry Kroeger Water Treatment plant be?

We've tried 5gal/ac, 7.5gal/ac, 10gal/ac, and even 12 gal/ac. We've tried spraying it in both directions to make sure all sides of the plant gets a decent dose.

EVERYTHING ELSE DIES! Kochia does not... If we were the only ones not getting results, I would think there is something that we are doing wrong. NO-ONE out here is getting results. The only thing that seems to make an impact is very strong doses of chemical with varied modes of action no more than 3 weeks apart.

As soon as they are past the rosette stage you are absolutely SOL here. And considering that they can flush after every single rain event greater than about 2/10ths, that makes for incredibly expensive chemfallow!

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
          How much better can potable water direct from the Henry Kroeger Water Treatment plant be?

We've tried 5gal/ac, 7.5gal/ac, 10gal/ac, and even 12 gal/ac. We've tried spraying it in both directions to make sure all sides of the plant gets a decent dose.

EVERYTHING ELSE DIES! Kochia does not... If we were the only ones not getting results, I would think there is something that we are doing wrong. NO-ONE out here is getting results. The only thing that seems to make an impact is very strong doses of chemical with varied modes of action no more than 3 weeks apart.

As soon as they are past the rosette stage you are absolutely SOL here. And considering that they can flush after every single rain event greater than about 2/10ths, that makes for incredibly expensive chemfallow!
          Yes. What you say is true. We have noticed dust on weeds during burnoff makes a huge difference. Actually in crop as well in really dry years.

Half jokingly said that we should do a high volume pass of straight water before doing a burnoff.

Comment

You guys have lost me.

Treflan avadex common brew here 1.6 l per ha of each min rate, tref $7 per litre avadex $10

Higher rainfall guys use 2 litres per ha each your rates must be way higher .

Comment

Avadex works out to $18 ahead of canary and very seldom works

Comment

Your avadex is $ 18 per litre?

Generic or original?

Comment

not sure , just know a few friends use it ahead of canary every year and they say it costs $18/ac
                  and most years they use puma in crop which isn't much better
                  i don't use avadex , probably someone on here can answer that question

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
                    You guys have lost me.

Treflan avadex common brew here 1.6 l per ha of each min rate, tref $7 per litre avadex $10

Higher rainfall guys use 2 litres per ha each your rates must be way higher .
                    Rates per acre:

Liquid: 1 to 1.9 liters per acre

Granular: 4.5 to 8.9 kg per acre 9.9 to 19.58 lbs per acre.

I don't know pricing right now.

I will leave the "per hectare" math up to you mallee.

Comment

He is the prices I was quoted yesterday....

Avadex - 24.56/Ac 😮
                      Bonanza - 10.94/ac
                      Focus - 17.95/Ac.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                        Rates per acre:

Liquid: 1 to 1.9 liters per acre

Granular: 4.5 to 8.9 kg per acre 9.9 to 19.58 lbs per acre.

I don't know pricing right now.

I will leave the "per hectare" math up to you mallee.
                        Metric application rate on imperial land size guessing i wouldny cut it as a prairie farmer.

9 mm of rain last night steady for about 3 hours and prospect of 10 to 20 mm monday if it occurs weve finished up nicely not quite copybook year but close

Comment

Have you tried paraquat, or mixed with diquat?

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
                            Metric application rate on imperial land size guessing i wouldny cut it as a prairie farmer.
                            Youd do just fine.

I'm all fubarred when it comes to metric vs imperial. I use US gal/ac for nozzles, but measure my fuel in miles per imperial gallon when I'm trucking, but am just as comfortable reading L/100km when I'm driving my personal vehicles.

Glyphosate is put down in grams of active per acre, but 2-4D and dicamba in oz's/acre.

I'm more comfortable with farenheit for temperature gauges in equipment, and outdoor temp during the growing season, but find more utility in Celcius for outdoor temps in the winter.

Distances are feet, yards, rods, and miles on the farm, but kilometers and km/h when im on the highway...

Liquid capacities in metric are generally preferred. But then my truck has a 96L gas tank, and my slip tank is 150US gallons. My Pete has two 150us gal tanks, but I know it's been a long day when I stuff 900L into those tanks at the fuel island.

My toolchest has two types of wrenches... standard, and phucked up.

And I'm 35...

Comment

Are you 35 Imperial years or metric years?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                                Are you 35 Imperial years or metric years?
                                Good question... I suppose neither. It'd be Pontiff Gregory XIII years. I mean at least I've progressed beyond Roman measures.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...