• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red Deer Anti-Racism Rally Interrupted By Hate Groups,

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
    So all the police chiefs and all the sports franchise owners and corporations that joined in supporting the BLM and raisng awareness about racism are radicals! NASCAR too! Told the faithfull to leave the Confederate flags at home as window coverings! Give us a break!

There are sure a lot of mainstream radicals now! LOL
    Too bad people will only do the politically correct thing.

Just ask Brenda Lucki what happens when you can't say what you think......

Who wants to commit political suicide? Or sabatoge their own job.... so repeat the mantra!

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
      You still don't get it. Trying to spin hate groups as a side just won't cut it. There is only one side tolerance and respect for all.
      Let us know when the white Christian prolifers are shown tolerance by liberals in this country.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
        Anybody on Agriville from Alberta recognize the shit disturbers? Neighbors, friends, relatives, associates?

Chuck your the biggest c sucking shit disturber I know.
        With language and attitude like that this must have struck to close to home! Was that you in the video BP? LOL

So nobody has a problem with the soldiers of Odin or The thugs assaulting peaceful protesters? I thought everyone on this site was in favour of law and order? Apparently not!

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
          It’s really too bad the organizers of all
          This stuff didn’t start out with “all lives matter” as their goal and then look at blacks getting murdered by whites, whites murdered by blacks. That s really what the goal should be it doesn’t matter your skin colour everyone is important and should be treated respectfully. When you single out yourself others start to feel that you maybe think your special as then the resentment builds as us against them as far as interests go.
          Most of the individual groups started out well intentioned but have been hijacked by the nutcases and don’t really represent anything good which has made this all worse. That’s why leadership has to not single people out as special and not want to divide people as apposed to create even more division.
          You are ignoring the issue and facts. Black people are several more times likely to be stopped and harassed by the police. They are also more likely to die at the hands of the police in cases like George Floyd. All lives matter is motherhood and apple pie. Focus on the real issue which is systemic racism against indigenous and black people. Suggesting that we need to focus on “all lives matter” is just your way of denying there is a problem.

Comment

You still don't get it. Trying to spin hate groups as a side just won't cut it. There is only one side tolerance and respect for all.
            Soon as you come to my neighborhood shouting accusations at me, then I have as much right as they do to rebut it even if violence ensues. Sorry agstarr, in this country we still have rights.

Racism isnt some govt program you can crow about. Those riots and mobs are attacking people as individuals.
            Last edited by jazz; Sep 23, 2020, 12:55.

Comment

You are ignoring the issue and facts. Black people are several more times likely to be stopped and harassed by the police. They are also more likely to die at the hands of the police in cases like George Floyd. All lives matter is motherhood and apple pie. Focus on the real issue which is systemic racism against indigenous and black people. Suggesting that we need to focus on “all lives matter” is just your way of denying there is a problem.
              Do you have the stats for Red Deer?

Comment

You are correct but what you fail to see is the BLM groups do not share your idea. They are an anti white, anti establishment group looking to play the blame game. As Big Wheel said if they would have came out with the All lives matter concept the whole world other than a few radicals would have backed them.

Incidently saying All Lives Matter is considered racist and is grounds for dismissal from your employment as many have found out this summer. Now how crazy is that?

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post

Incidently saying All Lives Matter is considered racist and is grounds for dismissal from your employment as many have found out this summer. Now how crazy is that?
                  Phew!

Good thing I sleep with my boss......... hopefully she won’t fire my sorry @$$😉

Comment

Not ignoring the facts at all. But I have to ask do you actually know the facts and I mean not just the ones you want to cherry pick but all the facts such as.

I agree based on what everyone appears to say there are more black USA and natives Canada in prisons and charged for crimes per capita

But you want to stop there and say look there’s a problem it must be systemic. When really you have to ask a lot more further questions. Like why are there more per capita?

Are many of the natives and blacks arrested and jailed just because they are native and black or is it because they committed a crime?
                    What is the fact on that?
                    I suspect the answer is yes most have committed the crimes and if that’s true then you have to ask are whites committing these crimes but not being arrested? I would expect the fact be no if your white and do a crime you get arrested.

So next you have to ask why are you committing this crime then? Poverty, lack of education drug use and no job are the likely facts.
                    So let’s go further. Are blacks and natives provided an education? Yes in many case have more access financially than others. So why aren’t you getting an education? In the case of natives much of what I hear is that its not an education that suits their culture. Well in this world if you want to work this is what you need to know.
                    Drug use? That’s a choice.
                    No job? Have you applied? I would say it’s likely a fact natives may not get same hiring rate but why is that? Well my small sample size of knowledge in that area is that I know some hires and show up for a week then don’t show up for a few days no reason given. But also know some hired and are great employees. So what is the fact of how many show up?
                    If your more qualified and don’t get hired there are laws that need to be inforced to make sure this happens.
                    Speaking of laws if rhe current laws were inforced and everyone viewed as equal to have those laws applied we wouldn’t be having this discussion.
                    Is there racism in both countries absolutely is it systemic meaning the police meeting in the morning and say hey people we need to arrest more blacks and natives than whites today?? Not a chance. But there definately are a few individuals that are thinking that I have to agree but the answer is hit those few really hard with punishment send a message that way.
                    So chuck. Actually it is you not me needs to be looking at all the facts. As I mentioned I think every life is worth the same but you also have a responsibility for your actions. And the system has a responsibility to handle the few that are indeed racist. It’s not as complicated as some want it to be.
                    Last edited by the big wheel; Sep 23, 2020, 19:45.

Comment

Bigwheel interesting comments.

A few years back i coached our local under 14 australian rules football team.

20 to a team.

About halfour team was indigenous. Also assistant coach innunder 17s again 8 indigenous.

Reallyeye opening for that two year stint on how they think and whats “ingrained” into them almost.

Remember one guy i was really fond of in under 17s his aim in life was to be a indigenous lawyer, for indigenous rights etc. I wannabe different than the rest. University bound basically free education forvthem at that level, govt sponsered.

Saw him maybe 5 maybe 6 years later asked him how it was etc, unemployed been in jail really really made me sad. What went wrong joel, had nonfriends if inwas gonna go white mans way.

So it was almost peer group pressure.

Pity he didntvrise against it. Must be hard for them.

Comment

There are lots of reasons why marginalized, racialized, and poor people end up in the criminal justice system more frequently. Racism is one of those reasons.

Several police chiefs have admitted that their is systemic racism in their force, including the RCMP Commisioner.

Several studies have identified that black and indigenous people are stopped more often, harassed and subject to police violence more often and die more often when police intervene.

Numerous cases of shooting and using unnecessary lethal force have come to the worlds attention through videos. How much more proof do you need before accepting it is a problem?

Yes all lives matter. And if all lives matter then black and indigenous people should be treated equally and not be subject to systemic racism and afraid if they get stopped by the police!

Comment

If you are stopped and not doing anything wrong do you get charged and put in jail? That’s the question that needs to be answered.
                          If your stopped and get charged and the charges are justified then what let someone go due to race now? Most of the things in the news had someone doing something wrong and were about to be arrested but didn’t want to be that’s when the trouble started then yes the police in some situations went to far. But most I ve seen if the resistance to arrest wasn’t happenning the other stuff wouldn’t have happenned either.

It’s not racism it’s a problem with politicians using race And in the end that supports bad behaviour leaving the rest of us unsure what to do including the police.

The problem is getting these people off drugs and rhe crime sprees that putt them in this situation.

Most of those stories on the news do not tell
                          The whole story either.
                          Last edited by the big wheel; Sep 24, 2020, 08:56.

Comment

How does a police officer identify someone by race before he stops their car. 99% of stops are from behind. Can you identify the persons race in the car in front of you at a stop light?

There is always an initial infraction that leads the officer to look deeper at some ones record. I havent been stopped by a cop in 12 yrs. Havent had a ticket in 15. Its not that hard to avoid scrutiny by the police.

Comment

Neither of you jokers are black or First Nations I assume? So how do you know what their experiences of racism are? Try listening to what black and indigenous people say about their experiences! Instead of blaming them and denying there is an issue. Don’t you just love it when white people tell you there is no systemic racism against people of colour! Get your head out .........of the sand! LOL

Comment

Neither of you jokers are black or First Nations I assume? So how do you know what their experiences of racism are? Try listening to what black and indigenous people say about their experiences! Instead of blaming them and denying there is an issue. Don’t you just love it when white people tell you there is no systemic racism against people of colour! Get your head out .........of the sand! LOL
                                Well neither are you so you opinion means about as much .
                                The native guy working with us see's things much the same . If you get in trouble deal the hand given to you , don’t cry victim

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.