• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nature conservancy of Canada

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nature conservancy of Canada

So I have been doing a little research ...Did you know...

1. They were given 100 million in the last federal budget
    2. They get money from provincial governments
    3. They buy land and agregate it for conservation
    4. They buy land from farmers using taxpayers money so farmers are competing against themselves for land...
    5. They never sell land
    6. Their pastures look like shit

I think they are the WE CHARITY of agriculture....an incredible scam....

ANd former politicians sit on their boards

Put Ducks Unlimited in there with them...just a scam ...

disclaimer : Not bitter about anything just stating facts

I wish people farmers and governments would quit supporting them.
    Last edited by bucket; Sep 20, 2020, 11:06.

The recent purchase of pasture around Buffalo Pound lake is odd....so the family sold to NCC and that purchase was funded by government. ...and yet there is no money for direct aid to farmers. ..

NCC then got money from K+S for a feel good issue about using pasture to put their mine on....

I don't know why farmers sell to NCC instead of asking government for the same funding they give to organizations like NCC or DU but it's a crock of shit what is going on....

Wonder why there is trouble keeping young people here ...there is part of the problem...

Making owners tenants or worse yet the next generation become serfs/peasants by supporting organizations like NCC

Go look at the Green and white NCC signs on fence posts and see who is funding the purchases.....
    Last edited by bucket; Sep 20, 2020, 07:15.

Comment

If the issue is access to land for farmers then the NCC and Ducks are only a small part of the problem. A much bigger problem is absentee investors with deep pockets and very large corporate farms that are very greedy and can out compete and displace smaller operations.

If you are worried about taxpayer dollars subsidizing land purchases, its often very large farms that receive the majority of the ag subsidy dollars and this helps them takeover more and more land at the expense of smaller farms wanting more land.

I see nothing wrong with land being set aside for conservation and habitat protection, especially if it is marginal for agriculture and of high value ecologically. It's in everybodys interest to take care of the environment and protect our natural resources for future generations. There has to be a balance of interests served.

Comment

Wisehole are you really this uniformed? You don't get any subsidies? LMAO

Comment

Because you don't agree with me! hahahah

Wisehole you must live a very sheltered life if you are so offended by other points of view!

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
            So I have been doing a little research ...Did you know...

1. They were given 100 million in the last federal budget
            2. They get money from provincial governments
            3. They buy land and agregate it for conservation
            4. They buy land from farmers using taxpayers money so farmers are competing against themselves for land...
            5. They never sell land
            6. Their pastures look like shit

I think they are the WE CHARITY of agriculture....an incredible scam....

ANd former politicians sit on their boards

Put Ducks Unlimited in their with them...just a scam ...

disclaimer : Not bitter about anything just stating facts

I wish people farmers and governments would quit supporting them.
            And what is happening here in Ontario is that these lands then come with "buffer zones" around them that place restrictions on the adjacent private property landowner, limiting what he or she can do on their own property.

This is one of the worst Trojan Horses this country has seen. Brought to you by the U.N. Sock puppet prime Minstrel.

Paid for with your tax dollars.

With ZERO transparency.

It is a major, foundational component of an initiative will lead to the "re-wilding" of major pieces of Canada's landscape.

It will result in the return of huge parcels of farmland to a wild and unproductive "natural" state.

Just another segment of the elites of this world making the globe into their totalitarian playground.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
              If the issue is access to land for farmers then the NCC and Ducks are only a small part of the problem. A much bigger problem is absentee investors with deep pockets and very large corporate farms that are very greedy and can out compete and displace smaller operations.

If you are worried about taxpayer dollars subsidizing land purchases, its often very large farms that receive the majority of the ag subsidy dollars and this helps them takeover more and more land at the expense of smaller farms wanting more land.

I see nothing wrong with land being set aside for conservation and habitat protection, especially if it is marginal for agriculture and of high value ecologically. It's in everybodys interest to take care of the environment and protect our natural resources for future generations. There has to be a balance of interests served.

The bolded statement .... why not just give money to farmers directly to maintain ownership instead of giving it to NCC and others to buy the land from farmers....then lease it back and allow the investor like NCC to use the gains to only their benefit as opposed to allowing the the original owner do the same thing?

Comment

If farmers get money for Conservation it will come with rules and restrictions. Many farmers seem adverse to such restrictions in perpetuity.

Comment

If farmers get money for Conservation it will come with rules and restrictions. Many farmers seem adverse to such restrictions in perpetuity.
                  I must be the exception.....I have pasture right beside one of these NCC projects....my cows would starve on them and I get the benefit of game birds and deer and my cows are just fine...

Matter of fact I approached the NCC people checking their pastures and said they were doing a shit job...and told them to compare to mine....alll they said was they were happy with their pasture...I asked where are the birds and other wildlife with no cover????

They are just stupid people...
                  Last edited by bucket; Sep 20, 2020, 08:20.

Comment

That Is a management issue not an issue of principle. That can be corrected. There are lots of examples of private landowners badly managing pastures. Are you in favour of enforcing management rules on private land owners? NCC is just another private land owner with different objectives.

I have no problem with farmers receiving support for conservation. There is lots of support for ALUS.

In some European countries you don't get subsidies unless you follow the environmental rules. Its the carrot approach.
                    Last edited by chuckChuck; Sep 20, 2020, 08:38.

Comment

That a management issue not an issue of principle. That can be corrected.

I have no problem with farmers receiving support for conservation. There is lots of support for ALUS.

In some European countries you don't get subsidies unless you follow the environmental rules. Its the carrot approach.
                      The problem is most guys are doing the same thing that NCC does but they receive no funding....

Like my example ....while NCC received money from the provincial government through the environment ministery to buy land and do their nonsense conservation....I am doing a better job and receive nothing....and a lot of ranchers are in the same boat...

Comment

That Is a management issue not an issue of principle. That can be corrected. There are lots of examples of private landowners badly managing pastures. Are you in favour of enforcing management rules on private land owners? NCC is just another private land owner with different objectives.

ALUS is a weston family initiative doing the same as NCC ...You realize the Westons stole billions in price fixing of bread.

Its like the WE charity nonsense....politicians support them for eventual backdoor repayment....

Comment

I think the bigger problem is there is only tepid support for conservation amongst most farmers. In fact many are hostile.

Leaving conservation up to farmers with no rules and no support won’t work. The other option is for governments to take it over and do it themselves. But governments are not that interested if there is a political price to pay.

It’s important not to lump all conservation organizations and efforts together as all bad. Fix the ones that are not working well and start supporting farmers for conservation with rules and enforcement. What other options should we consider?

You are in favour of a significant conservation effort and designating conservation lands?

Comment

You hit on something there chuck in the first sentence that I think is pertinent. Not many farmers left that leave habitat, even a little bit, let alone a lot. I have several hundred acres of prime habitat. I don’t expect payment to leave it like it is, it is just how I feel about conservation. All I expect is some great meat every year, mushrooms, berries, hazelnuts etc.

I am going to be an island eventually, in a region that has been pushed flat at an increasing rate lately. I do think that land like that will have high value as a showcase of what the area used to look like...

Majority of farmers aren’t really strong habitat conservationists. Which is fine and dandy. Just please stop hassling me to hunt on my land! I didn’t leave the trees for the tree pushers to hunt on, that’s for certain.

Comment

I think the bigger problem is there is only tepid support for conservation amongst most farmers. In fact many are hostile.

Leaving conservation up to farmers with no rules and no support won’t work. The other option is for governments to take it over and do it themselves. But governments are not that interested if there is a political price to pay.

It’s important not to lump all conservation organizations and efforts together as all bad. Fix the ones that are not working well and start supporting farmers for conservation with rules and enforcement. What other options should we consider?

You are in favour of a significant conservation effort and designating conservation lands?
                              I am in favor of being the same as NCC for my efforts....

And I would be happy to be on a grading scale....if I am doing things right then I get paid ...if I am missing a couple of grading factors ....I get discounted until I fix it...

I am a conservationist....but on my terms ....but it's better for my cattle herd which in turn should be making me money....

you see where I am going with this?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.