• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Costly downtime

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Costly downtime

Def systems .....
    repairs are outrageous and downtime when rain coming is invaluable

One word .... delete.... priceless
    Last edited by furrowtickler; Sep 18, 2020, 08:26.

Yes what a joke but not really when the dollars add up and only certain people can work on them.

Comment

I agree as long as it's done correctly.
      I have seen mods do some very bad things. Knowing who's system to use my current hurdle.

Comment

Now think about how all this warrantee work on emissions systems has cranked up the service rates at the stealership if you really want your blood to boil. They don't need your job because of all the warrantee work staked up at the door 24/7. At least the bolts are not too rusty as that stuff is all brand new.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
          Def systems .....
          repairs are outrageous and downtime when rain coming is invaluable

One word .... delete.... priceless
          The red stuff is so easy.
          For 1500 bucks no more problems.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
            I agree as long as it's done correctly.
            I have seen mods do some very bad things. Knowing who's system to use my current hurdle.
            Do not use a plug in box....

Comment

Would gladly use Def if it wasn’t associated with lots of downtime. Unfortunately all of my machines with Def were problems and have finally been deleted. My New Holland combine did not have a download for Def so ended up using a module.

What are the problems with plug and play systems for Def?

Comment

When the system fails and derates or goes into limp mode, does it do it because it HAS to, to prevent system damage or because its "PROGRAMMED" to.

If no system damage would occur at least let the damn machine operate as usual. As furrow said, emissions down time is very frustrating and costly.....in lost revenue and the expense of fixing it.

Got to admit, it does clean up the exhaust. Just make it more user friendly.

Comment

My combine has 200 chopping hours on it....a casting broke for the intermediate drive....fixed it...
                  And it broke again exact same break 80 hours. ..and the closest part is Germany. ..and they think I am paying. ..

They got me going by yanking the part off a lot combine.
                  Last edited by bucket; Sep 18, 2020, 10:38.

Comment

Thats why i farm with okd junk

Comment

Kicking my ass for not buying that JD7410 with about 48-4900 hours on it. FWA, and loader.....NO EMISSIONS like particulate filter or DEF, not sure about EGR though.

$68,000, local tractor and knew the owner.

Comment

A 7410 won't have an EGR. Great tractor. Hardly qualifies for old junk though. Around here there are still 4020, IH 86 series, Case 70 & 90 series, AC 7040 still working in the fields. Now we are talking.

Comment

Originally posted by sofa.king View Post
                          Thats why i farm with okd junk
                          As long as I have fuel, air, and compression we’re golden😎

Comment

Nothing on the farm takes def and I think I will keep it like that.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
                              A 7410 won't have an EGR. Great tractor. Hardly qualifies for old junk though. Around here there are still 4020, IH 86 series, Case 70 & 90 series, AC 7040 still working in the fields. Now we are talking.
                              I’m looking for another 3130 or maybe a 4030 this winter

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.