Where did all the "bumper" crop experts go all of a sudden?????????????

Commodity Marketing

Tools

Where did all the "bumper" crop experts go all of a sudden?????????????

Sep 15, 2020 | 12:38 1 Huge, huge, huge prairie crop ? WTF? , Where?
hopefully pants around ankles , with a sore red arse Reply With Quote

• Partners's Avatar Sep 15, 2020 | 12:57 2 Just wait for it..
    Stats can will soon blow our minds..
    Can't have a failure.. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Sep 15, 2020 | 13:00 3

These experts ☝️? Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Sep 15, 2020 | 13:03 4 As long as the rally wasn't only GrainCo short covering.... Reply With Quote
    Sep 15, 2020 | 13:22 5 See my post asking sf what an average crop is anymore? I think expectations have shifted a lot, and the experts haven’t realized it yet. An average crop is no longer 27 bushel canola or 38 of wheat? Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Sep 15, 2020 | 13:36 6 37-38 canola is acrop failure
    50 wheat same
    For the money were spending
    Not trying to be an asshole
    Just the way it is
    Experts said 44 canola
    Inputs too f-kn high
    Price to f-kn low?
    Last edited by caseih; Sep 15, 2020 at 13:45.

• Sep 15, 2020 | 15:39 7 Until guys actually start hurting/folding, be prepared for more of the same. The land keeps getting seeded, so profits for the grain cos/dealers still fine and dandy. Nothing to see here! Reply With Quote
  • 3 Likes

• Sep 15, 2020 | 15:46 8
    Quote Originally Posted by caseih View Post
    37-38 canola is acrop failure
    50 wheat same
    For the money were spending
    Not trying to be an asshole
    Just the way it is
    Experts said 44 canola
    Inputs too f-kn high
    Price to f-kn low?
    Wondering why grain prices are so low is like wondering why gas is the same price at all the stations. Its because they can, the buyers will get their product brought to them at virtually any price they offer to pay, what else are you going to do with it, and everyone has massive bills to pay, and alot of the times it's also to a division of the company buying your grain. Reply With Quote

• Sep 15, 2020 | 16:07 9
    Quote Originally Posted by sk_wheatking View Post
    Wondering why grain prices are so low is like wondering why gas is the same price at all the stations. Its because they can, the buyers will get their product brought to them at virtually any price they offer to pay, what else are you going to do with it, and everyone has massive bills to pay, and alot of the times it's also to a division of the company buying your grain.
    Just don’t pay your bills. Everyone else is doing it... Reply With Quote
    Sep 15, 2020 | 20:02 10 Got this from P&H today.

a 20c spread between top 3 grades of durum?

Limited canola movement 6 months out?

WTF

Name:  ph.jpg
Views: 907
Size:  67.6 KB
    Last edited by jazz; Sep 15, 2020 at 20:05.
    Sep 15, 2020 | 21:37 11 you will hafta tell them there is empty canola trains all over the prairies and a whole bunch of scared shitless speculators
    tell them if they can't move all the canola that they can get their hands on , someone else sure as fu-k will Reply With Quote
    Sep 15, 2020 | 21:38 12 i still wanna know where all these experts got their info about huge, huge record crop????????? Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Sep 15, 2020 | 21:41 13
    Quote Originally Posted by caseih View Post
    i still wanna know where all these experts got their info about huge, huge record crop?????????
    I’m guessing satellite imagery and also driving along HWY #1 at the speed limit from Winnipeg to Calgary? Reply With Quote
    Sep 15, 2020 | 21:44 14
    Wondering why grain prices are so low is like wondering why gas is the same price at all the stations. Its because they can, the buyers will get their product brought to them at virtually any price they offer to pay, what else are you going to do with it, and everyone has massive bills to pay, and alot of the times it's also to a division of the company buying your grain.
    Just mabey its time to quit buying your crop and just grow what you can,give supply and demand a chance.
    With all the tech out there nowadays the grain cos and machine cos all know what you have to sell before you do and can set prices accordingly. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Sep 15, 2020 | 21:59 15
    everyone has massive bills to pay,
    Not trying to be a dick or anything, but doesnt anyone use the cash advance program? For my little slice of heaven the cash advance program fronts enough to pay off the input account and live off of until seeding without selling a bushel. Thats 6 months of marketing flexibility.

What is everybody doing? Running to the terminal with samples right off the combine? The buyers are just waiting to fleece anyone walking in the door after harvest.

Or is it big rent that has to be paid?
    Last edited by jazz; Sep 15, 2020 at 22:02.
  • 2 Likes

• Sep 15, 2020 | 23:39 16
    Quote Originally Posted by jazz View Post
    Not trying to be a dick or anything, but doesnt anyone use the cash advance program? For my little slice of heaven the cash advance program fronts enough to pay off the input account and live off of until seeding without selling a bushel. Thats 6 months of marketing flexibility.

What is everybody doing? Running to the terminal with samples right off the combine? The buyers are just waiting to fleece anyone walking in the door after harvest.

Or is it big rent that has to be paid?
    The info from the advance system is fed directly to grain cos. ... Reply With Quote
  • 3 Likes

• SASKFARMER's Avatar Sep 16, 2020 | 05:58 17 Oh One of the dip shits was on CJGX yesterday and the fool still doesn't get it. He now has wheat lower because all guys are done most of the wheat and the results of the little puck are in. Canola is just stated and the fool still thinks Stats Canada is low. WTF. Its sick individuals like this that don't care the results really are it's all about scamming the farmer. Reply With Quote
    Sep 16, 2020 | 06:19 18 If everyone reads what is on a few of the recent threads .....this looks like a 2013 shipping event coming our way again. ..big crop and good quality and the grain cos don't know what to do other than try to phuck farmers instead of getting it to the coast and blending it all to a 3.... Reply With Quote
    Sep 16, 2020 | 06:34 19 Driving by the crushers in Yorkton the last few days I doubt there is going to be any canola left in the bins by spring.....wow line ups like I have never seen all the way up to highway 16. Reply With Quote
    Sep 16, 2020 | 06:38 20 Here is a question to make guys go ummmmm????

Does statscan or the banker ever tap the sides of bins to find out how full they actually are or do they just take the paper copy?

Statscan and experts like Townsend supposedly walk fields....wonder if they ever walk into a crush plant and start counting....

Crushers can say their bins are full but then why the lineups....chances are they were sweeping....
    Last edited by bucket; Sep 16, 2020 at 07:00.
    Sep 16, 2020 | 06:39 21 Did you know its cheaper to use trucks from swift current to Lethbridge than shuttle a 50 car unit train of canola to the crusher?

How phucked is that... Reply With Quote
    Sep 16, 2020 | 07:13 22 Article in the Western Producer: “Sask. canola estimate feels the heat.” This article talks about the Saskatchewan government having a much lower canola yield estimate than Statscan and has a couple of quotes from Neil Townsend, I try to be open minded but this guy takes the cake! Reply With Quote
    Sep 16, 2020 | 07:20 23
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamloc View Post
    Article in the Western Producer: “Sask. canola estimate feels the heat.” This article talks about the Saskatchewan government having a much lower canola yield estimate than Statscan and has a couple of quotes from Neil Townsend, I try to be open minded but this guy takes the cake!
    Notice anything familiar about Townsend and Burnett?.....yup it looks like they eat a lot of cake...they aint walking any fields ...they be puddles pretty quick....they are paper people....roid growers.... Reply With Quote
    Sep 16, 2020 | 07:20 24 Could u imagine Neil walking! Especially carrying that head around! Guys like him have to go. The are no experts on farming and how to get it done. Reply With Quote
    Sep 16, 2020 | 07:21 25 Townsend ...

Sometimes pictures do say a 1000 words. Reply With Quote
    Sep 16, 2020 | 07:25 26
    Quote Originally Posted by bucket View Post
    Did you know its cheaper to use trucks from swift current to Lethbridge than shuttle a 50 car unit train of canola to the crusher?

How phucked is that...
    Is that for producer or grain company? Don't grain companies have negotiated prices with rail companies? Reply With Quote
    Sep 16, 2020 | 07:36 27
    Quote Originally Posted by wmoebis View Post
    Is that for producer or grain company? Don't grain companies have negotiated prices with rail companies?
    I don't think the trucker is making much.... Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Sep 16, 2020 | 07:42 28
    I don't think the trucker is making much....
    Wonder what the actual average cost to pull a tonne of grain by rail is? Someone from one of the shortlines should know. What is the average cost by superB? Reply With Quote
    Sep 16, 2020 | 07:43 29
    Notice anything familiar about Townsend and Burnett?.....yup it looks like they eat a lot of cake...they aint walking any fields ...they be puddles pretty quick....they are paper people....roid growers....
    Actually the more interesting commonality Townsend and Burnett is that they are both former employees of the Canadian Wheat Board. In the article Neil Townsend refuses to back down from his 41 bushel per acre yield prediction. He says there is no way Saskatchewan gov. can be right, the math wouldn’t work, that would mean $14 canola. I can’t believe people would hire this guy for marketing advice! Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Sep 16, 2020 | 07:45 30
    Quote Originally Posted by wmoebis View Post
    Wonder what the actual average cost to pull a tonne of grain by rail is? Someone from one of the shortlines should know. What is the average cost by superB?
    Fuel wise per tonne ...one would think rail would be lower....but if the crusher at lethbridge needs canola....the rail would be too slow even though there are few stops. ..50 cars would be 100 trucks....this system we have is insane. Reply With Quote