• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harvest tid bits ...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
    In hrsw now , Alieda.
    Both at 3.5 mph
    Case 19 gal US / hr
    Lexion at 10 Imp

He maxed out at 3.5 , I can do 4 to 4.2 but truckers get squirrelly lol

Both doing nice job
    Alieda much nicer sample than Viewfield
    Yield comparison between Alieda and Viewfield? I grew viewfield for the first time this year. Have not harvested it yet but it looks good. Stands a bit better than Brandon.

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
      See AB5 hasn’t started yet other s in the same boat?

Anyone see the finish line farma didn’t you say your cruising along ok getting the job done?

Sask said his wheats nearly all off.

How you going Tom? And others.?
      Just flax left, only 280 acres.

Last year it felt like we had too much land, this year it feels like we don't have enough..... good harvest conditions will do that. Actually we could use more acres. No expansion since 2004, that's a long time already. Getting left behind compared to Industry trend. Have to remember the acres per combine ratio....I'm not interested in the next increment of two combines....that means almost doubling acres.... no thanks.

Bonus is we don't pay land rent(any amount worth talking about...30 acres lol)

My local reputation is I'm lazy AND cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
        Nope, not as bad, those Cats(C13's) in the MF9895 and Challenger 680B were very thirsty.

The seven cylinder(9.8 liter) Sisu in the MF9565 is better on fuel, but if you really push it it can get up there too.
        They went back to belt drive rotor, that probably helped alot.
        I loved that motor and rad set up , best in industry

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
          Better yet save the head ache of growing flax and grow 50 of canola on canola !

Break the ghetto cycle !
          Break the Ghetto cycle

Click image for larger version

Name:	The-stages-of-ghettoization-process-through-the-disadvantages-cycles.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	770119

In favor of the disease cycle

Name:	DiseaseFigure68.jpg
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	770120

Only recommended practice on rented land.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
            Yield comparison between Alieda and Viewfield? I grew viewfield for the first time this year. Have not harvested it yet but it looks good. Stands a bit better than Brandon.
            About the same , within a bushel

Comment

Farming sooo easy ..

Comment

Sending Pin locations to truckers at night ....

Comment

Over here !!!

Over here now !!

Comment

Heading out of office to house tonight I hear the air fans going , cooling off grain , wondering how the heck solar powered fans will work in this part of the world after 3 cloudy days .... hmmm , random thoughts 🤔

Comment

Just flax left, only 280 acres.

Last year it felt like we had too much land, this year it feels like we don't have enough..... good harvest conditions will do that. Actually we could use more acres. No expansion since 2004, that's a long time already. Getting left behind compared to Industry trend. Have to remember the acres per combine ratio....I'm not interested in the next increment of two combines....that means almost doubling acres.... no thanks.

Bonus is we don't pay land rent(any amount worth talking about...30 acres lol)

My local reputation is I'm lazy AND cheap.
                      Hmmm left ya self open there mate bit my tongue from a smart arsecomment

Comment

Let it rip. I welcome it and can handle it.

Comment

Nah. Think of it more like “efficient”😎

It’s a much better spin on the same thing.

Myself............ I just have the “cheap” part nailed down. Haven’t mastered the lazy yet😉

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
                            Nah. Think of it more like “efficient”😎

It’s a much better spin on the same thing.

Myself............ I just have the “cheap” part nailed down. Haven’t mastered the lazy yet😉
                            The older I get the lazier I become. Or is it working smarter not harder?

Comment

Good to see someone still gung ho on flax.

It was so dusty doing lentils this yr, sometimes it was drive and pray. Had part of a 2x4 go through the combine. Pipeline guys must have left it out there. It broke in the feeder house before going in so was smaller by the time it hit the cylinder.

One one of my dusty rounds this beauty was perched on the flex head. There isnt 2 rocks on this clay land, somebody put that in my field.

Name:	IMG_2587.jpg
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	770121

Comment

The older I get the lazier I become. Or is it working smarter not harder?
                                Naw, it's just cause we are older, realize working is NOT all there is.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.