• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next Canadian election...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next Canadian election...

But before that happens,

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/gunter-canada-may-soon-see-screw-the-west-2-0 Canada may soon see Screw the West 2.0

There are rumours of annual deficits of approximately 10% of GDP to fund the Liberals’ wild new schemes, such as guaranteed annual income (even for those who choose not to work) and national pharmacare and day care.
    Since Canada’s GDP is approximately $1.7 trillion, that would mean the federal government would borrow in excess of $150 billion each and every budget – with no plan in sight to pay that back.

Comment

https://globalnews.ca/news/7316777/yves-giroux-federal-deficit-spending/ Canada’s current deficit level will be ‘unsustainable’ within 1 to 2 years: PBO

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
        But before that happens,

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/gunter-canada-may-soon-see-screw-the-west-2-0 Canada may soon see Screw the West 2.0

There are rumours of annual deficits of approximately 10% of GDP to fund the Liberals’ wild new schemes, such as guaranteed annual income (even for those who choose not to work) and national pharmacare and day care.
        Since Canada’s GDP is approximately $1.7 trillion, that would mean the federal government would borrow in excess of $150 billion each and every budget – with no plan in sight to pay that back.
        I can see GAI and Universal Pharmacare as the two big items Trudeau campaigns on. If he does, I doubt Conservatives will win. The liberal young want GAI and the old want free pills for anything to soothe their problems.

Comment

The next federal election will be the biggest liberal majority victory in Canadian history. NDP are wiped out, those votes go liberal, green party votes most likely as well. Most younger canadian voters have liberal pounded into them from our education system and everyone is guaranteed money for nothing and their chick's for free.

Comment

Originally posted by sk_wheatking View Post
            The next federal election will be the biggest liberal majority victory in Canadian history. NDP are wiped out, those votes go liberal, green party votes most likely as well. Most younger canadian voters have liberal pounded into them from our education system and everyone is guaranteed money for nothing and their chick's for free.
            Was going to hit like but the truth in this case as you said is bleak .
            A huge majority of that group feels entitled now to government money for doing SFA , and don’t care that’s it’s never going to be sustainable, it’s already not .

Comment

Yes , it’s inevitable
              Too many lazy people that think money is free
              Entering the last phase

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                Yes , it’s inevitable
                Too many lazy people that think money is free
                Entering the last phase
                I hope we are entering the "Hard times create tough men." phase, but I think we are at "Soft men create hard times." phase.

Comment

Originally posted by Misterjade9 View Post
                  I hope we are entering the "Hard times create tough men." phase, but I think we are at "Soft men create hard times." phase.
                  Not sure we can even use the term "men" anymore. Soft non gender specific peoplekind, are creating yet another hurdle to pass before you can get to the next phase. Have you seen our PM?

Comment

Point taken.

Comment

When the toy box is full and there's a government issued snack on the table, life is good.
                      Thank you Justin for the delayed maturity of our youth.
                      Pajama manufacture's paradise.

Comment

Future looks bleak if we stay on this course. For the sake of the country the Liberals have to be turfed and some sanity brought back in government.
                        I don’t envy anyone that has to try and dig us out of debt this madness has caused!

Comment

I have my doubts that the NDP will vote against the speech from the throne. They know Justin Trudeau is eating the NDP’s lunch and they will be irrelevant if an election is held today. The only hope is that there is no election and within a year the failures of Justin Trudeau’s policies become abundantly clear.

Comment

Trudeau has to trigger an election one way or another otherwise the WE committees start right back up.

Otoole has already spotted secret cabinet meetings this weekend.

Comment

Bad news for the die hard flat earthers. O'toole has said he is committed to the Paris Climate agreement to reduce emissions!

He still opposes the carbon tax but will come up with a plan to reduce emissions to meet the goals.

O'Toole is also courting the union vote! He grew up in a GM family which meant his family benefited from decent union incomes. Pro Union!

He came out with a strong inclusive statement which included support for LGBQT and people of all ethnic origin and religions. He is personally Pro- choice.

As I predicted O'toole is moving to centre. In the previous race he was considered a moderate red tory.

This will leave a lot of alienated hard line social conservatives with few options to park their vote in the next election.

Where are all the hard right wingers on Agriville going to go?
                              Last edited by chuckChuck; Sep 9, 2020, 12:43.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...