• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seasonal Canola

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You and Errol provide much appreciated info
    Not like half the garbage posted on this marketing thread .
    Keep focused guys , Including myself lol , lots Going on right now in markets .
    Canola jumped to $10.90 locally...... finally

Comment

They already know there’s a shit storm coming. Crops are ok in our area. No bumpers but other areas I drove thru yesterday that usually have big crops are very poor. Whether it was hail or drought. The crushers in Yorkton are gonna be suckholing for product this winter!

Comment

A month ago big specials 10.40 deliver now and today they have 11.

Con artists and the Bullshit big yields and carry over. Canada has a fu led up system of crop info.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
          You and Errol provide much appreciated info
          Not like half the garbage posted on this marketing thread .
          Keep focused guys , Including myself lol , lots Going on right now in markets .
          Canola jumped to $10.90 locally...... finally
          yes thanks guys ,this is very good insight for a marketing challenged fellow like myself , also!!
          11$ immediate here yesterday
          tech analyst also !
          Last edited by caseih; Sep 9, 2020, 12:39.

Comment

Looking for something to thresh. Took a sample of canola. No screaming hell. Hope it’s not indicative of the rest. ADM jumped harvest basis from 25 to 30. Said they have enough. BS

Comment

Malaysia palm oil stocks 'still pretty tight' - thanks to weak Indonesia output

Official data show Malaysian inventories failing to show their typical seasonal rebuild, as the end of an importer restocking drive hits less hard than forecast

Comment

DTN's Cliff Jamieson commentary on canola basis.

In addition to what is highlighted in the article, my observation is that higher grain prices are often accompanied by wider basis. Doesn't matter if there is a shortage of product or not.

Not always but often. Also, there will be lots of canola to fill the fall shipping season. Lots.
                Not saying we are in for a price collapse because as some of the posts have highlighted, there is a bit of concern as to global veg oil feedstock levels.

One other thing that has happened is that some of the spring threshed stuff was not good. Was not there to get the system through till new crop comes in

https://www.dtnpf.com/agriculture/web/ag/blogs/canada-markets/blog-post/2020/09/09/prairie-canola-basis-weakening https://www.dtnpf.com/agriculture/web/ag/blogs/canada-markets/blog-post/2020/09/09/prairie-canola-basis-weakening

Comment

Seems RSN21 butts it's head against $530/tonne. If it breaks that where is the next level of resistance?

Maybe my focus should be on support? But is there any reason for the current rally to reverse?

Comment

No one should be signing new canola contracts for less than 11.75 right now.....

The very least the industry could do is ask before they phuck farmers with their big crop nonsense....

Elevators in the southern prairies all going hard to find dry good canola ...why....to blend off the wreck up north at the coast....

Disclaimer.....I don't grow canola ....and have no skin in that game....
                    Last edited by bucket; Sep 11, 2020, 08:20.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                      Seems RSN21 butts it's head against $530/tonne. If it breaks that where is the next level of resistance?

Maybe my focus should be on support? But is there any reason for the current rally to reverse?
                      I don't know. Your idea of watching support and not letting it slip too far is a good one. Likely need to wait till Nov or so to get a clearer picture of resistance levels for RSN21.

Support: First alarm bell would ring about 517.10. Sept 14 update: raise that to 518.20. Expect support levels to continue to rise for a while yet
                      Last edited by farming101; Sep 14, 2020, 08:23.

Comment

In light of recent events.....let's move that target price to 12 bucks.

Comment

I love "moving" targets....

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                            In light of recent events.....let's move that target price to 12 bucks.
                            Welcome analytical thoughts from the curmudgeon who doesn't grow it. I will take this insight right to the bank! Then I will hug and kiss some poisonous snakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kraut View Post
                              Welcome analytical thoughts from the curmudgeon who doesn't grow it. I will take this insight right to the bank! Then I will hug and kiss some poisonous snakes.
                              Chuck, did your GERMAN shepherd eat your meds again.

Comment

A bit sauer (sour) for a Friday.

As Bart would say to Moe. I'd like to speak with Hugandkiss, first name Amanda. Always ended with, you little rat bastard, but poisonous snakes, really!

I'm waiting for beans in the teens to develop. I'll take that to the bank.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.