• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6%

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
    The way NDP Mielie talks IMAGINE the LOCKDOWN, either NEVER any schools or one student per teacher, masked head to toe, whole school disinfected every hour, screened desks, screen teachers, 100 times the cost and would double teachers wages due to DEATH risk!
    We re not living in imagination of the past we re living right now. Call a spade a spade there shouldn’t be all this lockdown of businesses if schools are open this way. They can’t seem make a decision.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
      I am sure that would give the deceased relatives great comfort knowing their loved one did not die of covid only.
      My ex sister in law whom I keep in contact with father passed on with covid19.
      Early 80s fit as a fiddle got a bit flu like symptoms gone 3 weeks later.
      Blood tests showed it but X-ray of lungs is different when comparing flu to covid19.

Ps I’m just passing on what she said and is what doctors told her. The whole lungS is white pale with covid19 were as flu deaths it’s not.

Had flu before a bit achey but has flu shot last 15 yrs she said and that’s what he thought had. Was determined within 48 hours.

So that’s as close as I get to knowing someone who has had it.

Comment

Originally posted by RTK View Post
        Risk to everything. I will continue to live my life as I always have... I use common sense and take calculated risks. Probably should harness up to climb bin ladders as there is a risk to falling; but never have but the older I get the more careful I am climbing them. Risk reduction.

Anyone who wants to hide in their basement over this is entitled to, provided they do not ask me to financially support their fear.

That’s the problem with society - no common sense, sense of entitlement, now add in fear and an incompetence and guess what you have the mess we have today.

Teachers - if you don’t feel safe teaching - quit and go find a safer job... maybe consider being blaster in a mine or an underwater welder?
        Leave the farm once in a while, you will see pretty much business as usual other then key places that cause infections to spread, like bars etc. People, most, are using good sense. No one is hiding in their basement. Once school gets rolling and all the snot noses are in one place it will be interesting to see what happens.

Comment

Every cough sniffle sneeze will send teachers running for the hills...panic and testing, label all THE VIRUS, shut her down!

Comment

My 85 year old Dad has been given a new lease on life with permanent pleural drains installed. They drain him twice a week, it is a treatment to aid in fluid build up from congestive heart failure, without treatment he would suffer heart failure due to fluid accumulation. He is a very poor candidate for Covid infection...if he contracted Covid would it be fair to say he died of Covid or underlying causes(comorbidity?)

It's his, and those around him, responsibility to keep him safe from contracting it.

This isn't going away, I think the second wave might be worse than the first. There will be deaths.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
              My 85 year old Dad has been given a new lease on life with permanent pleural drains installed. They drain him twice a week, it is a treatment to aid in fluid build up from congestive heart failure, without treatment he would suffer heart failure due to fluid accumulation. He is a very poor candidate for Covid infection...if he contracted Covid would it be fair to say he died of Covid or underlying causes(comorbidity?)

It's his, and those around him, responsibility to keep him safe from contracting it.

This isn't going away, I think the second wave might be worse than the first. There will be deaths.
              In Saskatchewan, was there even a first wave? Devils advocate. Best wishes to your dad and your family...

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                With respect farma, your dad wouldn't be a good candidate for a lot of things that could come his way, including the flu or a cold which can progress to respiratory infections or pneumonia, and that's pre covid and both those conditions have a vaccine.

Now maybe we could have spent some of that $350B making sure proper care is available for our elder population and developing long lasting treatments for these comorbidity conditions.

I didn't hear any hospitals being announced. Nor any research into heart diseases.

Will your dad take a vaccine created in just 3 months? My parents are in decent health and said hell no.

Comment

Tweety,

Yep all the necessary businesses are up and running... makes sense if you are needed and adding value you are in demand. Always were and always will be in demand.

The businesses that are not necessary And do not add value are likely very slow and not surprised.

People with skills, who add value and are contributing to economic growth likely not sitting at home collecting CERB.

The basement dwellers who are afraid of COVID and want to just stay in their basement are not the economic drivers and are likely either not needed or can be easily replaced.

Some teachers are willing to teach and do a great job - they are economic drivers; there are others who are a drain on the education system, replace those individuals.

Tweety - I am not stuck out on the back forty with no contact with the outside world. I can think and function within the larger global economy; my world view is not limited to my farm.

Comment

Still say if they wouldn’t have told us about the “China flu” it would just be the “flu”. We wouldn’t have known any different. People die everyday and I’m sorry for that but it’s life and the so called leaders who dictate the policies on this “pandemic” don’t have a god damn clue what to do and that is very evident by the hypocrisy and contradiction of the rules they are implementing. More people are gonna end up dying from the policies of this “distraction”.

Comment

Originally posted by RTK View Post
                      Tweety,

Yep all the necessary businesses are up and running... makes sense if you are needed and adding value you are in demand. Always were and always will be in demand.

The businesses that are not necessary And do not add value are likely very slow and not surprised.

People with skills, who add value and are contributing to economic growth likely not sitting at home collecting CERB.

The basement dwellers who are afraid of COVID and want to just stay in their basement are not the economic drivers and are likely either not needed or can be easily replaced.

Some teachers are willing to teach and do a great job - they are economic drivers; there are others who are a drain on the education system, replace those individuals.

Tweety - I am not stuck out on the back forty with no contact with the outside world. I can think and function within the larger global economy; my world view is not limited to my farm.
                      I don't suspect you are, but i think the number of people hiding is very small - and if they are they most likely are extremely high risk who are used to hiding and avoiding humans.

Was asked the other day, how many people do you know who lost their job because of covid. Well, very very few, only 1, but that probably had more to do with the price of oil. Many businesses, home exercise equipment, bicycles, local tourism, parks... have been making a killing. Some win big time, some lose. Lots have moved a lot of biz online. The world has changed, office space will most likely downsize, meetings on zoom more often saving huge dollars. People can work from home or anywhere.

People are saving huge dollars not going out spending on "unnecessary" things, houses are being bought/sold like crazy. The stock market hasn't crashed. Food still on the shelves. Interest rates are low. Life is good.

I am pretty sure SK hasn't even touched the first wave. Hopefully that can remain the case till there is a vaccine. Good thing no one wants to go there lol, no int'l airports. Families losing loved ones to Covid is really sad, and if that pain can be avoided, that is a real win. Thumbs up for SK!!

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                        Leave the farm once in a while, you will see pretty much business as usual other then key places that cause infections to spread, like bars etc. People, most, are using good sense. No one is hiding in their basement. Once school gets rolling and all the snot noses are in one place it will be interesting to see what happens.
                        Except the leader of this country ...... shutting down government to hide from Covid and his problems.
                        Leaders should not be cowards

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                          Except the leader of this country ...... shutting down government to hide from Covid and his problems.
                          Ankle bracelet house arrest.

Comment

Probably everyone knows EXACTLY how to wear a MASK...
                            NOT a single person I encounter anywhere is wearing correctly, safely.
                            Get serious people, you are accomplishing SFA!

How to use a mask
                            Masks can become contaminated on the outside or when touched with hands.

It’s important that masks are used and disposed of properly. If worn incorrectly, you can accidently spread infection instead of preventing it.

Guidance for wearing non-medical masks

What to do

Wash or sanitize your hands:
                            before putting it on
                            before taking it off
                            after taking it off
                            Inspect the mask, holding it by the ties or loops. Discard if damaged or dirty
                            Tighten with ties or ear loops to reduce gaps
                            Keep nose, mouth and chin covered at all times
                            Remove if wet, torn or dirty and dispose in a lined garbage bin
                            Store cloth masks in a sealed bag until it can be washed in hot, soapy water

What not to do

Don't touch your face under the mask
                            Don't touch the front of the mask – remove or adjust using the ties or ear loops
                            Don't wear it under your nose or your chin
                            Don't wear a wet, torn or dirty mask
                            Don’t wear the same mask for a long period of time – change when it becomes damp
                            Don’t share with another person

How to care for your cloth mask
                            Store masks in a sealed and clean storage bag and place in a dry area of your home.
                            Put cloth masks directly into the washing machine or in a bag that can be emptied into the washing machine. Throw out the bag after you’ve used it to store masks.
                            Launder with other items using a hot cycle, and then dry thoroughly.
                            Inspect the mask for damage prior to reuse.

https://www.alberta.ca/masks.aspx https://www.alberta.ca/masks.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                              Probably everyone knows EXACTLY how to wear a MASK...
                              NOT a single person I encounter anywhere is wearing correctly, safely.
                              Get serious people, you are accomplishing SFA!

How to use a mask
                              Masks can become contaminated on the outside or when touched with hands.

It’s important that masks are used and disposed of properly. If worn incorrectly, you can accidently spread infection instead of preventing it.

Guidance for wearing non-medical masks

What to do

Wash or sanitize your hands:
                              before putting it on
                              before taking it off
                              after taking it off
                              Inspect the mask, holding it by the ties or loops. Discard if damaged or dirty
                              Tighten with ties or ear loops to reduce gaps
                              Keep nose, mouth and chin covered at all times
                              Remove if wet, torn or dirty and dispose in a lined garbage bin
                              Store cloth masks in a sealed bag until it can be washed in hot, soapy water

What not to do

Don't touch your face under the mask
                              Don't touch the front of the mask – remove or adjust using the ties or ear loops
                              Don't wear it under your nose or your chin
                              Don't wear a wet, torn or dirty mask
                              Don’t wear the same mask for a long period of time – change when it becomes damp
                              Don’t share with another person

How to care for your cloth mask
                              Store masks in a sealed and clean storage bag and place in a dry area of your home.
                              Put cloth masks directly into the washing machine or in a bag that can be emptied into the washing machine. Throw out the bag after you’ve used it to store masks.
                              Launder with other items using a hot cycle, and then dry thoroughly.
                              Inspect the mask for damage prior to reuse.

https://www.alberta.ca/masks.aspx https://www.alberta.ca/masks.aspx
                              Get your mask on, another day of single digit new cases! High risk out there!

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                                Well he did go protest....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.