• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheat

interesting

Not sure how to share this

Comment

Originally posted by Robertbarlage View Post
      Not sure how to share this
      The industry already knows this, but they'll keep buying cheap wheat till farmers finally figure it out and lock up what's left in there bins. But by then, they'll have a nice supply of cheap wheat to use, so again, no reason to raise prices.

Comment

I am sure there is some supply out in the commonwealth.

British isle have more than 65M people on it. Thats a lot of people to feed on a limited amount of farmland.

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-28003435 UK faces 'significant' shortage of farmland by 2030

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
          The industry already knows this, but they'll keep buying cheap wheat till farmers finally figure it out and lock up what's left in there bins. But by then, they'll have a nice supply of cheap wheat to use, so again, no reason to raise prices.

And farmers will store it for them till needed.

Comment

They did this in Canada and Galen Weston price fixed bread for over a decade before admitting it to stay out of the Panama papers.

Comment

Canadian farmers will reap in rewards but just won't realize it. Like the difference in USA dollar and savings in the new handling and marketing systems, it will be in the basis where you can't see it.

Comment

So nothing has change in 85 years, plus or minus, within a 3% margin of error 19 out of 20 times!

Comment

Was really worried about sub $5 com8ng into our harvest in nov fears allayed a bit.

But worst case can still happen i guess.

Black swan event may occur.

Comment

Futures action today indicates another 4% higher in the near term for Chicago wheat.
                    Looking for 5.8325 ZWZ

MW slightly weaker but should participate.

Comment

MGE Sept wheat up 0.10USD
                      MGE Dec wheat up 0.06USD

Can prices hold?

Comment

With CDN $ exchange rate and the way basis works how do farmers figure out what that will do to Canadian wheat prices?

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
                          MGE Sept wheat up 0.10USD
                          MGE Dec wheat up 0.06USD

Can prices hold?
                          In mid-August the world was awash of wheat and now prices are creeping back.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                            In mid-August the world was awash of wheat and now prices are creeping back.
                            Long way to go to even get excited about wht..
                            Dry most bushels every yr.
                            Most larger farms here are only bly..oats and canola..
                            We might X wht totally next yr to..

Comment

Not a shot at anyone but hard for me to grapple with it, but I don7nderstand your land prices are inflated, your fert costs are bquadriple m8ne perhaps even more , fungicide freight way higher, your on farm price less plus you have carry costs.

But some of the yields you guys talk are in the stratosphere but I’m not that dumb you need good yields but my old school maths 80 bushels even at lowish prices should be a winner.

Ps in oz don’t forget no insurance sink or swim or swim backwards.

Due faking all my swimm8ng lessons and actually touching the bottom I failed swim class at school but records show I can swim.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...