• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
    According to wheat prices today, some of our wheat is required.

How high are we going 101 and Errol?
    Still green on electronic trades

Comment

I'm sticking with needing to see closes over 5.83 ZWZ
      Translation not much higher. Confidence medium.
      A very bullish view may include a shot at another 9% Chicago.
      I see no reason for MW to match that.

Keep in mind Minneapolis is at a discount to Chicago. Very weak
      A stronger CAD will not contribute either.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	MWDiscount.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	770163
      Will the 41 ships waiting or loading on the west coast support prices? Maybe....
      Average time in port as much as a full week longer than last year.
      Unloads at the port are way ahead of last year. Looking at Western Canada as a whole grain is moving.
      http://quorumcorp.net/Downloads/WeeklyReports/GMPGOCWeek202007.pdf http://quorumcorp.net/Downloads/WeeklyReports/GMPGOCWeek202007.pdf

Comment

Got an email out of the blue this morning, offering $7.00/bu for #2 HRS, not from a grainco.

Wheat might be the sleeper !

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
          Got an email out of the blue this morning, offering $7.00/bu for #2 HRS, not from a grainco.

Wheat might be the sleeper !
          you need wheat , lol?

Comment

Had a good savvy marketing friend this wheat tell his plan.

Guessing 6000 acres wheat.

Sold 25% way back when april was it $355 port basis.

Sold 50% of expected production this week on the rally at $323 port basis.

25% swinging in the breeze.

His costs take off $40 for on farm.

Not relevant to you guys really but many aussies sold physical into this weeks rally deliver to elevator at harvest same day as harvested graded gone payment 7 days later.

Comment

.....will you Aussies quit feeding the market so much.

Alot of grain commodities are favorably priced in Western Canada right now. Waiting for a decent response in the wheat market to price wheat, haven't priced a kernel yet.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post

Alot of grain commodities are favorably priced in Western Canada right now. Waiting for a decent response in the wheat market to price wheat, haven't priced a kernel yet.
                Us either plus 20% of last years

Comment

Basis a bit crook?

Around the $293 on farm for standard wheat premiums and discounts apply allknown at time of contracting.

$293 on farm is a decile 8.5 out of 10 so trades higher but not often.

These prices are export based so traders here doing business somewere.

Maybe your guys are asleep at the wheel Or its just blue advantage that could be alot. Depending on destination

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
                    Basis a bit crook?

Around the $293 on farm for standard wheat premiums and discounts apply allknown at time of contracting.

$293 on farm is a decile 8.5 out of 10 so trades higher but not often.

These prices are export based so traders here doing business somewere.

Maybe your guys are asleep at the wheel Or its just blue advantage that could be alot. Depending on destination
                    Freight is definitely a mid-point Saskatchewan disadvantage.

Comment

Freight is definitely a mid-point Saskatchewan disadvantage.
                      Thats why your land is so cheap 😉

Can you convert to on farm price for me for say 11% protien standard milling wheat.

And how much more of a rise your afterunless that’s classified secret mens business
                      Last edited by malleefarmer; Oct 3, 2020, 04:07.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2020-10-03-04-05-56.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	770181

Port price indicators, but freight and elevator basis need to come off of those quotes.

Terminal driveway prices near the Ghetto struggle to reach $6.50.

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
                          Thats why your land is so cheap 😉

Can you convert to on farm price for me for say 11% protien standard milling wheat.

And how much more of a rise your afterunless that’s classified secret mens business
                          I want at least $7/ bu

The $6.50 that I said local prices struggle to reach is for July 2021 delivery(#1-13 to 13.5 protein)
                          Current bids for same wheat is a bit over $6.
                          11% Protien milling wheat is about $5.25

All this is considered the Canadian advantage...
                          Last edited by farmaholic; Oct 3, 2020, 04:22.

Comment

I want at least $7/ bu

The $6.50 that I said local prices struggle to reach is for July 2021 delivery(#1-13 to 13.5 protein)
                            Current bids for same wheat is a bit over $6.
                            11% Protien milling wheat is about $5.25

All this is considered the Canadian advantage...
                            Whats your frieght and other deductions $50 or crikeys even more?

Comment

An average western Canada deduction for CWRS would be around 92.50 CAD from the farmgate for the 2018-19 crop year according to Grain Monitor. I don't disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                                An average western Canada deduction for CWRS would be around 92.50 CAD from the farmgate for the 2018-19 crop year according to Grain Monitor. I don't disagree.
                                Can you explain where the 2.51 per bushel goes?

My thinking directly to the economy to help create jobs or revenue for graincos and railways.

And there is nothing wrong with them making money...but maybe the host ( farmer) could make a little as well..

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...