• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crops just heading very few in grain fill.
    Sun Mon Tues
    Click image for larger version

Name:	807A3A08-54C1-4AF5-867D-3D0A7F088BDB.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	770082

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
      Long way to go to even get excited about wht..
      Dry most bushels every yr.
      Most larger farms here are only bly..oats and canola..
      We might X wht totally next yr to..
      Feed barley and 2 Row select barley are looking like good options.

Comment

If nearly all the cereals come off in good shape, .....what are the pigs going to eat?

#1 high Px wheat for the same price as the export market?
        Malt barley?
        Milling durum?

Comment

The 2018 wheat crop here was all #1 good quality. There was so little "feed" wheat around the local feed mill was paying a premium compared to the local elevators to attract sellers. We sold a lot of beautiful red "feed" wheat to feed to pigs.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-mo View Post
            The 2018 wheat crop here was all #1 good quality. There was so little "feed" wheat around the local feed mill was paying a premium compared to the local elevators to attract sellers. We sold a lot of beautiful red "feed" wheat to feed to pigs.
            I bet 8 out of 10 yrs I can get a higher picked up feed price than I can get for delivered wheat to local elevators then have to worry about protein and grade after waiting in line for 2 hours. Really dont understand how or why this happens but does consistently. Only growing cps but even so hard red prices aren't much higher lots of times and harder to get quality in our neck of the woods.

Comment

About 70 kms away barley

Click image for larger version

Name:	E6E5A5F7-5680-43E3-A9C1-5EA6628B4C18.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	770093

Comment

Reading reports this morning having breakfast.

Despite earlier reports seems Russia Black Sea crop just keeps getting bigger.

And stated russiannwheat at moment most expensive in the world, that would be a first.

Mentioned fair to good crops world wide wide northern and Southern Hemisphere was talking generally.

Some cracking rain forecast in NSW a big producing state here mid to late week. We will get the dregs which will be welcomed.

Think wheat prices are gonna ease down kinda like walking down a stair case rather than a elevator going down just pick spikes perhaps.

As COVID restrictions ease here and meat packing plants get back to full output grain will be needed by feedlot sector milk sector pigs poultry so domestically we may be ok down 20% from drought induced highs of last year

Comment

My son showed me pics from I think sw Alberta wheat running 140 guessing farmaholics patch ain’t no were near there. Looked rolling hills or quite hilly actually

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
                    My son showed me pics from I think sw Alberta wheat running 140 guessing farmaholics patch ain’t no were near there. Looked rolling hills or quite hilly actually
                    Nope. Usually can't even do half of that ......keepin it real in the Ghetto.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                      If nearly all the cereals come off in good shape, .....what are the pigs going to eat?

#1 high Px wheat for the same price as the export market?
                      Malt barley?
                      Milling durum?
                      No , our wheat is too red
                      But fuz, ergot and everything else good *

Comment

Nothing to report yet this year, but this is from last fall. Yield monitor was not calibrated, but the total bushels was very accurate to hopper fulls, truck fulls and bin capacity.
                        Disclaimer that this wheat was very wet, as in too tough to even test, so it did shrink down noticeably by the time it was dried. Large areas were averaging in the 170's, but would regularly go above 200 and stay there for long enough that it wasn't just an error:

Comment

Hopefully make 100 ..... lol

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post

Hopefully make 100 ..... lol
                            Acres to the bushel...

Comment

60 bushels in stratosphere for me 30 to 40 the norm or sadly less. Shall I call it “south of the ghetto”

In awe of your yields and comments about 80Plus bushels have to get my Head around it.

Tis what it is farm were we farm.

Comment

60 bushels in stratosphere for me 30 to 40 the norm or sadly less. Shall I call it “south of the ghetto”

In awe of your yields and comments about 80Plus bushels have to get my Head around it.

Tis what it is farm were we farm.
                                40 to 60 hrsw is the avg here in the hills south of Saskatoon.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...