• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
    Not a shot at anyone but hard for me to grapple with it, but I don7nderstand your land prices are inflated, your fert costs are bquadriple m8ne perhaps even more , fungicide freight way higher, your on farm price less plus you have carry costs.

But some of the yields you guys talk are in the stratosphere but I’m not that dumb you need good yields but my old school maths 80 bushels even at lowish prices should be a winner.

Ps in oz don’t forget no insurance sink or swim or swim backwards.

Due faking all my swimm8ng lessons and actually touching the bottom I failed swim class at school but records show I can swim.
    growing hard red spring wheat, at 12.5% protein and no. 1 or 2 is around 6/bu right now

These numbers are average of last 3 years. Yield was 72bu/ac, I need 55bu to cover equipment, inputs, crop insurance, grain drying. another 18bu to cover land rent, or 38bu for what purchased land payments are

I'd be happy with 80, it would mean I'm actually getting somewhere

how do you have such lower cost of farming? Do we have that much cost of regulation baked into our prices? Or are the ag conglomerates making that much more money here just because they can?

Comment

Direct costs thus far add harvesting which I work at $30 per ha. Depreciation taxes rates etc come off profit.
      Yield hopefully 2 to 2.5 t ha currently $260 on farm for wheat per tonne nov delivery

Click image for larger version

Name:	503ED824-F82B-4717-922E-A5FD8EF7580F.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	770071

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
        Direct costs thus far add harvesting which I work at $30 per ha. Depreciation taxes rates etc come off profit.
        Yield hopefully 2 to 2.5 t ha currently $260 on farm for wheat per tonne nov delivery

[ATTACH]6570[/ATTACH]
        How does Malt Barley compare to your wheat costs/returns?

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
          How does Malt Barley compare to your wheat costs/returns?
          Rarely get malt but target barley market is feedlots piggeries feed mills.

Line ball wheat usually ahead

Comment

Extremely dry in Russia and Ukraine right now.

Forecast for the next two (2) weeks don't show relief. Russian export values again rising. This is a watch . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
              Extremely dry in Russia and Ukraine right now.

Forecast for the next two (2) weeks don't show relief. Russian export values again rising. This is a watch . . . .
              Thanks for heads up Errol
              Will there be much of a market for off grade HRSW if weather issues continue here ?
              It will be an issue already in some areas

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                Thanks for heads up Errol
                Will there be much of a market for off grade HRSW if weather issues continue here ?
                It will be an issue already in some areas
                High protein wheat prices are simply too low (IMO). Minneapolis spring wheat and Kansas City futures have clearly broken to-the-upside.

Feed wheat may be a different story as demand right now struggling. IGC London continues to hike global wheat production, but this may come-to-a-halt soon.

Argentina wheat production well down. Europe has production issues as well. Where's there's smoke . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
                  High protein wheat prices are simply too low (IMO). Minneapolis spring wheat and Kansas City futures have clearly broken to-the-upside.

Feed wheat may be a different story as demand right now struggling. IGC London continues to hike global wheat production, but this may come-to-a-halt soon.

Argentina wheat production well down. Europe has production issues as well. Where's there's smoke . . . .
                  Just keeping fingers crossed we don’t have a disaster harvest from here on with wet / snow weather like last two years
                  Just need to get this in the bin
                  Can be so close Yet so far .
                  Thx for your insight 👍, much appreciated

Comment

apparently , the gig is up on the huge canola crop and huge carryover?
                    $11 for nov. already , and this during happy hour

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                      apparently , the gig is up on the huge canola crop and huge carryover?
                      $11 for nov. already , and this during happy hour
                      Sooner or later the b/s had to be exposed

Comment

Might be the yr to dump it all off the combine before turdo screws something else up.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                          Might be the yr to dump it all off the combine before turdo screws something else up.
                          Just need to get er off first

Comment

Farming101 or others, are there any analogous years with a counterseasonal rally such as this? How should we expect this to play out?

I thought I was doing so well, sold most of my old ( and really old ) crop canola this summer at the best price available in the last 2 years, between a combination of basis special and the decent rally in futures. Now we are almost back to where I sold, and future months already slightly better. Priced the last of it a few days after the Iowa wind storm when it didn't look like the market cared about it, or the ongoing drought, and waiting for a rally at this time of year is a high risk proposition.

If someone would have told me this was going to happen, I Could have built more bins and held it through another rally...

Maybe it won't freeze in the next few weeks and we will have some new crop to market eventually.

Comment

Or before the 2nd WAVE HITS and the world shuts down again..

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                                Or before the 2nd WAVE HITS and the world shuts down again..
                                True , or third wave depending on how one interprets the info that China supposed to have the world . Being so honest and straight forward as they are and all

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...