• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

“Rex Murphy: The folly of green economics“

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“Rex Murphy: The folly of green economics“

I have to admit this article in the national post made laugh and cry at the same time. The federal government gave the city of toronto $1.1 million dollars to put solar panels on the roofs of their ambulances! This is how Justin Trudeau wants to green our economy. This is how he will replace our resource industry jobs by putting Chinese made(China makes 70% of the worlds solar panels) solar panels on ambulances, lmao!!!!

What can one say? Lacko Brainitis is rampant.

Comment

Yup Rex, ex CBC celebrity is a beacon of all that is wrong with Canada. Just what we need another celebrity opinion with a fat taxpayer pension from CBC! LOL

Is he trying to get a job writing speeches for Kenney and O'Toole?

Comment

Is hydrogen considered green and clean? Because Alberta is going to look at using its gas reserves for hydrogen. Will Rex criticize hydrogen from natural gas too?

Comment

I haven't decided if the liberals have executed common sense or had it temporarily placed in a holding cell.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex-murphy-the-folly-of-green-economics https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex-murphy-the-folly-of-green-economics

Comment

Hamloc, did Agrivilles solar panel advocate ever answer your simple questions?

Comment

Yes comrad chuck did answer by not answering.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                Hamloc, did Agrivilles solar panel advocate ever answer your simple questions?
                He has yet to answer. My thought is that if the numbers were a slam dunk in favour of a solar installations he would have quickly quoted them but now that he has waited so long to respond my guess is he wants time to massage the numbers. Let’s be realistic our natural resources are here, a lot of the technology to harvest those resources is created here, how can you import solar panels from China and related hardware and create as much wealth? That is like me importing hay from China to feed my cows instead of growing my own silage and feeding my cows, it makes no sense!

Comment

A 7B investment in TMX will give the govt $50B in tax revenue during its life. I imagine those sort of investments in energy, rail, ag, ports, mining, would yeild the same ROR.

But meh solar...payback = zero, posssibly negative.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                    He has yet to answer. My thought is that if the numbers were a slam dunk in favour of a solar installations he would have quickly quoted them but now that he has waited so long to respond my guess is he wants time to massage the numbers. Let’s be realistic our natural resources are here, a lot of the technology to harvest those resources is created here, how can you import solar panels from China and related hardware and create as much wealth? That is like me importing hay from China to feed my cows instead of growing my own silage and feeding my cows, it makes no sense!
                    No, it is worse than that. Because the ship from China only comes at random unpredictable times, and the quantity and quality rarely matches your needs when it does arrive, therefore you need to have your neighbors feed your cows for free with their own home grown hay and silage for 80% of the time ( and they are mandated to do it for you), and in exchange, when you have a glut of crappy Chinese hay or silage, you dump it on your neighbors front lawn at the worst possible time and let them figure out how to get rid of it at their cost before it turns into a stinking mess, or frozen waste.

I too noticed that Chuck has no shortage of time to post on every thread while simultaneously avoiding your easy questions.

Comment

I forgot to add this, regarding the above example. You also send the trucking bill and the shipping bill to the same neighbors who were generous enough to keep your livestock from starving.
                      You are likely no longer invited to the neighbors barbecues and Christmas party, however I doubt that was a big problem for Chuck to start with. Not exactly the life of the party type.

Comment

Chuck is a hapless apparatchik.
                        A "useful idiot".
                        A belief system that needs to have no one rise above another based in fear.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                          There is no solar there
                          He is not as ill informed as he seems
                          Last edited by Guest; Aug 29, 2020, 09:15.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                            There is no solar there
                            He is not as ill informed as he seems
                            Thanks for verifying and getting back to us. So he denies his own identity, denies his political history, denies his CWB affiliations, Lies about his supposed solar panels. Then spends his days lying and name-calling and insulting on agriville.
                            Claims the moral high ground on every issue.
                            The perfect personification of the morally corrupt left.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                              Yup Rex, ex CBC celebrity is a beacon of all that is wrong with Canada. Just what we need another celebrity opinion with a fat taxpayer pension from CBC! LOL

Is he trying to get a job writing speeches for Kenney and O'Toole?
                              Again you miss the point
                              It’s a waste of money to put on a powered vehicle....
                              So if Tom Mulcare said it would it change your mind ? Probably not

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...