• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please stop posting your yields on social media....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please stop posting your yields on social media....

Posting yields off your combine monitors....Why do that....what is the point?

Do you see graincos reporting export sales weekly or daily ...you know the guys that export your grain...

They are taking advantage of you and your neighbours....

So just stop being so phucking stupid.....
    Last edited by bucket; Aug 16, 2020, 14:22.

Originally posted by bucket View Post
    Posting yields off your combine monitors....Why do that....what is the point?

Do you see graincos reporting export sales weekly or daily ...you know the guys that export your grain...

They are taking advantage of you and your neighbours....

So just stop being so phucking stupid.....
    Must be on Twitter or something??
    Have not seen any here

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
      Must be on Twitter or something??
      Have not seen any here
      I am not on any social media but my brother tells me this guy or that is doing and what they report....just stupid...

Some dummy in Davidson area reported high yield peas........

Comment

You don’t have to worry about me posting big yields this year. I would be too embarassed. This year 🦨

Comment

I guess some guys just don't know their information is worth something. While it is great that they are making it up on volume ...the math says eventually they too will be wondering why 100BPA doesnt pay....

As an example they grow 150 -200bpa of corn and still rely on government money in the states ....so what the phuck is wrong with so called farmers in Canada?????? Considering we are not getting the subsidies they are.

Comment

Please stop making thread titles that don't fully explain the purpose of the post.
            This isn't the Western Producer classified print ads. We don't pay by the word, and extra for bold face titles. I have tested it, and you can put up to 86 characters in the thread title for no additional cost.

Comment

The American farmer has Willie Nelson rooting for them. We have Justin Bieber. 😂

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                Please stop making thread titles that don't fully explain the purpose of the post.
                This isn't the Western Producer classified print ads. We don't pay by the word, and extra for bold face titles. I have tested it, and you can put up to 86 characters in the thread title for no additional cost.
                OK ...I will stop doing that....always worth asking....I changed it ...better?????????

Comment

Yields reported from monitors are about as reliable as a fisherman posting his catch of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                    OK ...I will stop doing that....always worth asking....I changed it ...better?????????
                    Thanks. And as they say, words are cheap, in this case, free.
                    And I promise not to post yields of my drowned out crops, likely to be frozen out to. Likely to be a few months away regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by newguy View Post
                      Yields reported from monitors are about as reliable as a fisherman posting his catch of the day.
                      No , a fish is a fish 🐠 , unless they say they caught 20 but only show one picture
                      A snapshot of a yield monitor is just that , not the whole story

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                        Thanks. And as they say, words are cheap, in this case, free.
                        And I promise not to post yields of my drowned out crops, likely to be frozen out to. Likely to be a few months away regardless.
                        It's like getting a Snickers bar....hahaha...you were not yourself.

Comment

Believe me, when you start paying crop share rents, you stop telling anybody what you're doing.

Comment

Re export sales yep we know what’s going out here price unknown but tonnages yep.

Ship bookings known and tenders for shipp8ng slots known. Dates quality quantity.

Even domestic shipping known not that it happens a lot.

What’s in every elevator tonnes quality daily r3cievels etc

We’re sure do things different here.

Grain is have scouts surveys satellite imagery they know within a few % of what’s out there.

Comment

It is incredibly naive to think a farmers post or twitter pic moves the price of grain. The trade knows the yield of crops fairly close. Satellite imagery, pre contracted amounts,targets and just a little observation tells everyone where the crop will be yield wise. Besides virtually everything is ultimately a derivative of corn or beans. A farmer in Kenaston showing a picture of a yield monitor is not going to move Chicago soybeans. The idea that if none of us said a word would send prices soaring is hilarious.

If you actually believe you have insight that the grain volumes reported are wrong you could make a fortune trading. Every year this discussion happens on here, and every year everyone seems to think yields are exaggerated and yet every year there is plenty of supply for all the elevators and all the canola crushers.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.