Latest wheat marketing

Commodity Marketing

Tools

Latest wheat marketing

Aug 13, 2020 | 08:17 1 Hog feed wheat 5.75.
#1 13.5 for sept del is 5.43. Reply With Quote

• Aug 13, 2020 | 08:47 2 Grains Rally On Bearish USDA Report, Is The Low In?

https://www.barchart.com/story/futur...-is-the-low-in

interesting comments;

re corn, Generally big crops get bigger, but the storm earlier in the week could make this year an exception. Satellite imagery suggests that there were 10-12 million acres affected, which could mark a top in production estimates.

re wheat, Fundamentals: Wheat prices were unable to advance yesterday, despite strength in corn and beans. Yesterdays USDA report showed 2020/2021 ending stocks at 925 million bushels, about 21 million bushels below the average estimate.

Export sales:Net sales of 367,900 metric tons (MT) for 2020/2021 were down 39 percent from the previous week and 45 percent from the prior 4-week average. Reply With Quote
    Aug 13, 2020 | 09:12 3 Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• SASKFARMER's Avatar Aug 13, 2020 | 10:11 4 Sold my spring thrashed wheat for more money than #1 protein 13.9 plus wheat is going for now. God this is sickening. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Aug 13, 2020 | 13:57 5 Just harvest happy hour , thats all
    Hardly sold any “feed?” wheat for under $7 from last year
    Got as high as $8.10 for some 17.2 px
    All our wheat was good px tho Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Aug 13, 2020 | 16:07 6
    Quote Originally Posted by SASKFARMER View Post
    Sold my spring thrashed wheat for more money than #1 protein 13.9 plus wheat is going for now. God this is sickening.
    Thought Ritz fixed all that when he gave you marketing freedom you can sell for what ever, whenever and wherever you want for however much you want to sell for. LOL Reply With Quote

• Aug 13, 2020 | 16:29 7 Think my calculation correct.

Wheat forwards here got as high as $9.59 cents per bushel back in April. $356 per tonne.

Did you guys have same opportunity? Legit question what was your peak?

PS I didn’t get it got it on way up but not peak.

Many farmers here sold 100% of expected production at that , well if we can’t produce or deliver we will just buy other farmers to wheat to fill contract.

This year masterstoke balls of steel to do physical at those levels. Doesn’t always pan out that way.

Sask3 or chuck someone might reply what was your peak the above 356 is port price $326 on farm. If ya can convert to $per tonne helps my simple mind

Starting to think Aussie crop is gonna be mega with huge exportable surplus which we ain’t had for years Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Aug 13, 2020 | 17:10 8
    Quote Originally Posted by farming101 View Post
    Hog feed wheat 5.75.
    #1 13.5 for sept del is 5.43.
    And feed is usually fob farm yard, dockage non deductable. milling wheat, deduction for everything, be lucky if you get $5.00 for 1 rs 13.5. Mine staying in the bin this year. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Aug 13, 2020 | 17:19 9
    Quote Originally Posted by wmoebis View Post
    Thought Ritz fixed all that when he gave you marketing freedom you can sell for what ever, whenever and wherever you want for however much you want to sell for. LOL
    It’s not great but it’s a phuk of a lot better than hauling in your “quota” that barely paid for the trucking and then waiting for over a year for the rest Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Partners's Avatar Aug 13, 2020 | 19:16 10
    Quote Originally Posted by MBgrower View Post
    And feed is usually fob farm yard, dockage non deductable. milling wheat, deduction for everything, be lucky if you get $5.00 for 1 rs 13.5. Mine staying in the bin this year.
    Correct viterra has 5.50 for #3 wht..no protein??
    No wonder all neighbors are putting up bins.. Reply With Quote
    Aug 13, 2020 | 22:15 11
    Quote Originally Posted by malleefarmer View Post
    Think my calculation correct.

Wheat forwards here got as high as $9.59 cents per bushel back in April. $356 per tonne.

Did you guys have same opportunity? Legit question what was your peak?

PS I didn’t get it got it on way up but not peak.

Many farmers here sold 100% of expected production at that , well if we can’t produce or deliver we will just buy other farmers to wheat to fill contract.

This year masterstoke balls of steel to do physical at those levels. Doesn’t always pan out that way.

Sask3 or chuck someone might reply what was your peak the above 356 is port price $326 on farm. If ya can convert to $per tonne helps my simple mind

Starting to think Aussie crop is gonna be mega with huge exportable surplus which we ain’t had for years
    Not even close. As Case says there were some nice premiums for high protein but standard 1 13.5 didn't get much higher than 250 CAD in any forward month going back to January 2020 delivery month.

Don't forget last spring the Aussie dollar was in the basement. Didn't hurt your price quotes Reply With Quote
    Aug 13, 2020 | 22:28 12 Have around 12k left, 7500 of it is a 1, quoted a price of $5.37, 2 was $5.27 .... crooks are out in full force.
    Are we in 1975 ... absolutely pathetic how we as farmers are being treated? Oh right there’s a huge crop on its way. Good luck to all we are all going to need it. Reply With Quote
    Aug 13, 2020 | 22:50 13 You can't store grain hoping for price to go up it will spoil in the bin the market knows that. Reply With Quote

• Aug 14, 2020 | 03:15 14
    Quote Originally Posted by farming101 View Post
    Not even close. As Case says there were some nice premiums for high protein but standard 1 13.5 didn't get much higher than 250 CAD in any forward month going back to January 2020 delivery month.

Don't forget last spring the Aussie dollar was in the basement. Didn't hurt your price quotes
    Yep currency was 55 to 58 range for a rew weeks wasn’t yours down as well same time? Reply With Quote
    SASKFARMER's Avatar Aug 14, 2020 | 05:08 15 Dry grain doesn't spoil in the bin. I remember going to an auction down south of Swift years ago. Bins labelled for each year and most were 8 years or more old.

We are getting screwed as farmers and its all because they have us, idiots, by the balls.

Equipment is insane.

The seed is insane.

Fert is down but wait it' is going up.

Chemical is insane.

Rent is insane if you rent.

So show me the money is gone. Reply With Quote
    Aug 14, 2020 | 05:31 16
    Yep currency was 55 to 58 range for a rew weeks wasn’t yours down as well same time?
    It was but not as much as the Aussie. Middle of July just passed we had nearly the highest street price offers of the crop year. Has dropped a bunch since then
    Name:  audcad 140820.jpg
Views: 949
Size:  96.0 KB Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Aug 14, 2020 | 07:44 17
    Quote Originally Posted by SASKFARMER View Post
    Dry grain doesn't spoil in the bin. I remember going to an auction down south of Swift years ago. Bins labelled for each year and most were 8 years or more old.

We are getting screwed as farmers and its all because they have us, idiots, by the balls.

Equipment is insane.

The seed is insane.

Fert is down but wait it' is going up.

Chemical is insane.

Rent is insane if you rent.

So show me the money is gone.
    Renting land at $80-100 ac with $5.75 makes all the other inputs look pretty cheap.
    Rent more to say your farming more seems to be what most are doing these day’s.
    I personally gave up 30 quarters of rent 3 years ago .... best thing I did.
    The few dollars you make isn’t going to replace machinery that has put more hrs and wore out on someone else’s land.
    I’m now farming what I own and enjoying my life. Reply With Quote

• Aug 14, 2020 | 08:41 18 Wait until the landlords in western Canada get organized like the USA landlord associations have. Reply With Quote
    Aug 14, 2020 | 09:59 19
    Quote Originally Posted by Rareearth View Post
    Wait until the landlords in western Canada get organized like the USA landlord associations have.

LOL Landlords are mostly all retired farmers they will never get organized or they will have a hundred different associations. Reply With Quote
    Aug 14, 2020 | 12:31 20 But... once the next generation has it, or in general absentee landlords Reply With Quote
    Aug 14, 2020 | 12:55 21
    Quote Originally Posted by Rareearth View Post
    Wait until the landlords in western Canada get organized like the USA landlord associations have.
    who fu-kin cares if they do
    no one will rent land for SFA for very long , they learn hard lessons fast Reply With Quote
    Aug 14, 2020 | 13:20 22 Unifying might be to standardize contracts, try to ensure payments, follow proper rotations, etc.

But to demand more money, go eff yourselves.

Farm it yourselves or sell it. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Aug 17, 2020 | 15:57 23 MOSCOW, Aug 17 (Reuters) - Russian wheat export prices fell
    last week for the third week in a row, under pressure from the
    new crop and signs it could be larger than previously assumed,
    analysts said on Monday.
    Russian wheat with 12.5% protein loading from Black Sea
    ports was at $201 a tonne free on board (FOB) for supply in
    August-September at the end of last week, down $4 from the week
    before, agriculture consultancy IKAR said in a note.
    Sovecon, another Moscow consultancy, pegged wheat at $200
    per tonne, down $5. Barley fell by $1 to $182 a tonne.

IKAR and Sovecon have been raising their estimates for
    Russia's 2020 wheat crop in the last couple of weeks, but both
    remain cautious on its prospects in the Urals and Siberia, which
    were hit by dry weather.
    Corn has also been hit in Russia's south, which accounts for
    50% of the country's sowing area, SovEcon said. The main grain
    producing regions in the European part of Russia are expected to
    be mostly dry this week.
    Russia has already exported 4.5 million tonnes of grain,
    including 3.6 million tonnes of wheat, since the start of the
    2020/21 season on July 1, and exports are expected to speed up
    further soon.
    Russia's August grain exports are estimated at 4.9 million
    tonnes, up from 3.0 million tonnes in July, Sovecon said. Reply With Quote
    Aug 18, 2020 | 23:31 24 Had a 8 hour drive through durum country today, a lot of it white and lookin' kinda wispy.

I'd say, plenty of thin kernels and light bushel weight. 34, 35, 36, 37 temps on the pick-up readout.
    Same tomorrow, only with wind, ripening waaaay too fast.
    Can't believe the lentil acres I drove past today, most of which was cut already. Reply With Quote
    Aug 19, 2020 | 07:12 25
    MOSCOW, Aug 17 (Reuters) - Russian wheat export prices fell
    last week for the third week in a row, under pressure from the
    new crop and signs it could be larger than previously assumed,
    analysts said on Monday.
    Russian wheat with 12.5% protein loading from Black Sea
    ports was at $201 a tonne free on board (FOB) for supply in
    August-September at the end of last week, down $4 from the week
    before, agriculture consultancy IKAR said in a note.
    Sovecon, another Moscow consultancy, pegged wheat at $200
    per tonne, down $5. Barley fell by $1 to $182 a tonne.

IKAR and Sovecon have been raising their estimates for
    Russia's 2020 wheat crop in the last couple of weeks, but both
    remain cautious on its prospects in the Urals and Siberia, which
    were hit by dry weather.
    Corn has also been hit in Russia's south, which accounts for
    50% of the country's sowing area, SovEcon said. The main grain
    producing regions in the European part of Russia are expected to
    be mostly dry this week.
    Russia has already exported 4.5 million tonnes of grain,
    including 3.6 million tonnes of wheat, since the start of the
    2020/21 season on July 1, and exports are expected to speed up
    further soon.
    Russia's August grain exports are estimated at 4.9 million
    tonnes, up from 3.0 million tonnes in July, Sovecon said.
    This is the reason for the August pullback in wheat prices. Russia's crop is yielding better-than-expected after a rocky start to the growing season. Black Sea export values have eased back after surging modestly in July. Russian yields now estimated 2% higher than a year ago. Reply With Quote
    Aug 21, 2020 | 10:12 26 I know the answer. Grow more! Drain every slough, clear every bush, rip out all the treelines, max out inputs, grow more.

It’s worked all along, right? I mean since the nineties at least! Lol

We must keep at it and simply grow more, because it just works so well... Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Aug 25, 2020 | 16:51 27 Minneapolis Wheat has one of the biggest moves up,,, that held,,, in a long time.

https://www.barchart.com/futures/quo...eractive-chart

short commentaryhttps://www.barchart.com/story/futur...-tuesday-gains Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Aug 25, 2020 | 22:14 28 Sold my wheat today, you can thank me when the price goes up next week. Reply With Quote