• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AB Farmer Beaten by RCMP

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“Drivers operating any kind of vehicle on a public highway are subject to rules of the road set out in the Traffic Safety Act, the Criminal Code and associated regulations, and this includes stopping for peace officers when directed.”

“Sheriffs were stopping all traffic that approached the checkstop and screening motorists for signs of impairment,” said van Rassell in an email. “Sometime after 9 p.m., sheriffs noticed a tractor enter the highway and drive past the checkstop without stopping."

Drive PAST the checkstop.

It's hiway 2A, not some hick secondary.

Comment

A check stop on 2A would run miles back. The kid probably couldn't even see what was going on up there. Farmers hay those 2a and transcanada ditches all summer long. They jump in and out of the ditch swathing raking and baling and even hauling. It's a normal operation on those highways.

Probably the dumb ass cops never saw a cvt tractor before. My neighbors are making getaways on their HC sprayers everyday.

I would say the cops are the low IQ individuals.
      Last edited by jazz; Aug 13, 2020, 10:34.

Comment

Guy who makes an honest mistake gets dragged out of his vehicle and slammed on the ground forceably arrested and dragged away by cops.

Guy who hacked a doctor to death is allowed to surrender in a parking lot after attacking the police now in an Edmonton court room claiming amnesia and some mystery illness.

Comment

Why didn't Rebel News interview the Home Schoolers themselves, as they have failed in the education department on a couple of fronts. Some of the blame rests on their shoulder's for their sons traumatic experience.

I was stopped many times by the RCMP as a teenager, and my education and educators always thought me to follow the RCMP's instruction when being pulled over while driving any motorized vehicle.

Comment

Yes Forage but I remember being young and being in a car with open booze, never remember being man handled or heard of anyone being assaulted because of what they said or didn’t immediately do. I respected them and knew I could count on them to be gentlemen. Never heard of anything like this in my life. Treat people with respect and you will get respect back. Today, I can tell you, I have experience that has taught me to just genuflect and take the ticket, thank them kindly. Then let the judge sort it out.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
              A check stop on 2A would run miles back. The kid probably couldn't even see what was going on up there. Farmers hay those 2a and transcanada ditches all summer long. They jump in and out of the ditch swathing raking and baling and even hauling. It's a normal operation on those highways.

Probably the dumb ass cops never saw a cvt tractor before. My neighbors are making getaways on their HC sprayers everyday.

I would say the cops are the low IQ individuals.
              *cop taps on window* Do you know why I pulled you over?

*driver* Because you got C's in highschool?

Comment

35 ish years ago, I outran the cops in my old vette. They caught me, cuffed me, lectured me, and I went to bed in my own house. No bruises, just a ticket. And I never did that again.
                20 years ago I blew yellow and they drove my truck home for me.
                3 years ago I'm nearly tasered for pulling a header down a highway and not stopping immediately.
                Last winter helper got a $500 ticket for not strapping the load in his pickup truck, 2 miles down a gravel road, 730 at night. And he never lipped.
                Times have absolutely changed.
                If the guy coming to your door is under 45, keep your hands on the wheel where he can see them and DON'T move.
                Shutting the hell up and following orders however has always been.

Comment

People hate photo radar because it's indiscriminate with no grey. Likely very cost effective tho and you learn to slow down in known radar areas
                  But. I think policing has also become about the money. Justify our budgets, hire more.
                  And the us and them culture.....
                  Now they don't understand that they too are civilians and only soldiers are not.
                  Tough job but they're becoming trained attack dogs.
                  Let's not forget High River either.

Comment

This was in my neck of the woods. I know the family, not well but enough to recognize on the street. Nice people but definitely walk to a different tune. Was a number of posts on Facebook the day it happened by others that were stopped in the line up. Not one of them was critical of the police action, said the tractor was impatient and driver was uncooperative. I have no sympathy for this fellow from what I've heard about the incident. I really doubt there was booze involved more just poor attitude.

Comment

Thanks for chiming in GDR, I was hoping you might have some local insight. As always there was more to the story. I know nothing more about this than what has been posted here and FB(my wife brought this to my attention a few days ago), so I won't pass judgement on either party.
                      However one comment I saw on FB made a claim about the family barely able to put food on the table. Fendt tractors and poverty aren't typically synonymous are they?

One other observation. I read somewhere on here that this occurred at 9:00 PM. Perhaps Didsbury gets drastically different weather than I get an hour and change NW of there, but there isn't much panic to start baling hay at 9:00 PM, typically far too much dew already.

Would be interesting to know about the claims of tractor damage. Do they just assume that because it says do not tow, that it is wrecked, or were there actual consequences. I assume it is like almost any tractor built in the last half century or more that is pressure lubed( or in this case, partially hydrostatic), if you tow it FAR, bad things happen. Tow it a few feet(such as onto a truck), and nothing happens.

As for police, perhaps I am in the minority, but I have had overwhelmingly positive experiences with police of all levels, regardless of which side of the law I have been on. It seems respect and humility go a long way with most.

An example. A couple of springs ago, I was driving back to the field to fix the sprayer on a long weekend evening, met two RCMP cars on a gravel road, I was so surprised that I almost set my phone down, and considered putting my seat belt on, but carried on. They followed, and stopped me a mile later, asked where I was off to. I showed them the O-ring still in my hand and stated I was off to fix the weed sprayer. They asked for license and registration. I don't carry my wallet around the farm so had no license. I offered a couple of different well expired pink cards. They concluded that they had already held me up too long, apologised for wasting too much of my time, and parted ways.

I could give at least half a dozen similar examples just like that. Including once where they contemplated impounding my tractor for highly unorthodox use.

Comment

Hey Chuck I see you called in your communist buddy's to take over this website. **** you ,you rotten piece of shit.

PS. LOL you ****ing communist POS!

Comment

Originally posted by 6V53 View Post
                          Hey Chuck I see you called in your communist buddy's to take over this website. **** you ,you rotten piece of shit.

PS. LOL you ****ing communist POS!
                          Now, don't hold back, go ahead and tell us how you really feel.

Comment

Originally posted by flea beetle View Post
                            *cop taps on window* Do you know why I pulled you over?

*driver* Because you got C's in highschool?
                            LOL!

That is funny as heck, but not likely something that would I would say in that circumstance.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                              35 ish years ago, I outran the cops in my old vette. They caught me, cuffed me, lectured me, and I went to bed in my own house. No bruises, just a ticket. And I never did that again.
                              20 years ago I blew yellow and they drove my truck home for me.
                              3 years ago I'm nearly tasered for pulling a header down a highway and not stopping immediately.
                              Last winter helper got a $500 ticket for not strapping the load in his pickup truck, 2 miles down a gravel road, 730 at night. And he never lipped.
                              Times have absolutely changed.
                              If the guy coming to your door is under 45, keep your hands on the wheel where he can see them and DON'T move.
                              Shutting the hell up and following orders however has always been.

There are those who think they exceptional. And become martyrs for their cause.

Comment

A little diversion: During harvest last year, a friend ran a part out from the city. Photo radar on outskirts construction zone but the construction takes place way back with a fence between. Anyway the ticket was $1000 , yep three zeroes. Now the zone was unoccupied when he looked, crew gone home so he pinned her.
                                So ticket comes in mail. So of course not guilty plea. Oh, you say that’s BS? Well not so. There were at least 4 errors on the ticket.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.