• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freedom of Information Act request targets anyone with a Farm Business Number

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freedom of Information Act request targets anyone with a Farm Business Number

https://farmtario.com/news/ofa-urges-farm-data-requester-be-named/

https://farmtario.com/news/omafra-releasing-names-of-farm-businesses/

“The name of any recipient of a federal or provincial subsidy, grant, or benefit should be publicly disclosed as a basic matter of transparency for taxpayers,” the Liberal MP for the Toronto riding of Beaches-East York, Nathaniel Erskine-Smith , and who is tied to animal rights organizations asserted. “More, it would be good to see a breakdown of how agricultural subsidies/benefits are allocated, and whether that allocation is consistent with our food, health, and climate policies.” He was recently part of an online forum that included discussion about a “Defund Animal Agriculture” campaign.

This is only in Ontario but this is scary and this trend will continue if not pushed back against

"Right to farm" legislation long overdue. But hey, it's Canada, never happen.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
      I would challenge the MP to release the names of every individual who received CERB and EI and social assistance payments this year by his comments about transparency for government subsidies

Comment

Originally posted by Kraut View Post

“The name of any recipient of a federal or provincial subsidy, grant, or benefit should be publicly disclosed as a basic matter of transparency for taxpayers,” the Liberal MP for the Toronto riding of Beaches-East York, Nathaniel Erskine-Smith , and who is tied to animal rights organizations asserted. “More, it would be good to see a breakdown of how agricultural subsidies/benefits are allocated, and whether that allocation is consistent with our food, health, and climate policies.” He was recently part of an online forum that included discussion about a “Defund Animal Agriculture” campaign.

This is only in Ontario but this is scary and this trend will continue if not pushed back against
        This is the result of the “free” money
        That $40,000 with the $10,000 forgiveness is a drop in the bucket to where they want to go
        I hate to say it ...... I told you so ....
        They have a foothold in your farms now , and the liberals will push hard , don’t kid yourself.
        Nothing in life is free ...... always strings attached

Comment

Too bad Harpers accountability of massive amounts of money too First Nations got canned in the first few days of Trudeau’s reign of terror .
          But we will be hung out on a stake .... just watch

Comment

Like the gun law , will only apply to certain groups .

Comment

I would challenge the MP to release the names of every individual who received CERB and EI and social assistance payments this year by his comments about transparency for government subsidies
              You can already see who got PDAP (disaster assistance pmts) and any year under public accounts payments under Saskatchewan annual reporting. Agriculture Canada Posted all the too wet to seed amounts if over 50,000 from 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                This is the result of the “free” money
                That $40,000 with the $10,000 forgiveness is a drop in the bucket to where they want to go
                I hate to say it ...... I told you so ....
                They have a foothold in your farms now , and the liberals will push hard , don’t kid yourself.
                Nothing in life is free ...... always strings attached
                I kinda can't wait to hear all the complaining by all those that applied for the 40,000 loan and won't qualify. Thanks to Kevin Hursh and western producer and the quote "don't miss out on your share.

those in the last 13 years flood zone won't agree but I really don't see where a grain farm has been hurt so far from covid.

Maybe I will be wrong and will have missed out but to me this loan was not created for grain farmers.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                  In addition to the long-standing Farming and Food Production Protection Act, Ontario recently passed the Security from Trespass and Animal Safety Act in June.

My guess is that this FOI request is a counter-measure schemed up by the anti-food, anti-farming activists.

So the government passes protective legislation and then immediately turns around and declares open season on farmers.

Every Ontario farmer is required to apply for a farm business registration (FBR) number in order to qualify for the farming, land-tax rate, a rate set lower than residential property. We may request our application fee to be refunded.

So the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs, in their immeasurable wisdom, decided to release the farmers registered names, but not the FBR.

I. Do. Not. Understand.

It appears to me that the anti-farming psychos have infiltrated every level of government and echelon of society.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...
                  X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                  You agree to our and by clicking I agree.