Not in bin yet ....

Commodity Marketing

Tools

Not in bin yet ....

Aug 10, 2020 | 18:33 1 Storms continue to take production... this time in the heart of the mid west US .....


Reply With Quote
Aug 10, 2020 | 18:35 2

Crops in a huge area flattened to the ground
Some areas sustained 100 mph winds for 2 hours . Will be zip left through that area Reply With Quote
Aug 10, 2020 | 20:41 3 First pic looks surreal. Obviously some of those bins are empty(duh). See some spilled grain though.

Probably another bin busting crop, no pun intended, on the way regardless.

Oddly my fertilizer quote today is $70 a tonne higher, what changed?

Games... Reply With Quote
Aug 10, 2020 | 21:13 4 Those elevators must have been empty. Reply With Quote
LEP
Aug 10, 2020 | 21:26 5
Quote Originally Posted by farmaholic View Post
First pic looks surreal. Obviously some of those bins are empty(duh). See some spilled grain though.

Probably another bin busting crop, no pun intended, on the way regardless.

Oddly my fertilizer quote today is $70 a tonne higher, what changed?

Games...
We just booked our fert. Both MESZ and Super U blend down $40 to 50/mt. It pays to shop around. Saved over $40k highest to lowest.
Last edited by LEP; Aug 10, 2020 at 21:28.
Reply With Quote
Aug 10, 2020 | 21:30 6
Quote Originally Posted by LEP View Post
We just booked our fert. Both MESZ and Super U blend down $40 to 50/mt. It pays to shop around. Saved over $40k highest to lowest.
My quote was for basic urea. Something like 405-410 per tonne a while ago. Would of had to take it in August. Reply With Quote
Aug 10, 2020 | 21:41 7 The irony is the tread title stating the crop isn't in the bin yet but we're also talking about taking/pricing next year's fertilizer.

Schtoopit. Reply With Quote

  • Aug 10, 2020 | 22:08 8
    Quote Originally Posted by farmaholic View Post
    The irony is the tread title stating the crop isn't in the bin yet but we're also talking about taking/pricing next year's fertilizer.

    Schtoopit.
    New seed guides are out too....... Reply With Quote
    biglentil's Avatar Aug 10, 2020 | 22:27 9 235/mt delivered for 28-0-0 filler up pls.
    Last edited by biglentil; Aug 10, 2020 at 22:31.
    Reply With Quote

  • Aug 11, 2020 | 06:20 10
    Quote Originally Posted by biglentil View Post
    235/mt delivered for 28-0-0 filler up pls.
    Do you ever circulate that stuff if you store it that long? Reply With Quote
    biglentil's Avatar Aug 11, 2020 | 07:56 11
    Quote Originally Posted by farmaholic View Post
    Do you ever circulate that stuff if you store it that long?
    4 or 5 hours of recirculation in the spring, clean the filter on the liquid cart a couple times during the season when I notice the pressure creeping up, can't remember the last time I plugged a liquid run.
    Last edited by biglentil; Aug 11, 2020 at 09:00.
    Reply With Quote

  • Aug 11, 2020 | 12:47 12
    Quote Originally Posted by biglentil View Post
    4 or 5 hours of recirculation in the spring, clean the filter on the liquid cart a couple times during the season when I notice the pressure creeping up, can't remember the last time I plugged a liquid run.
    Same here , never plugged drill run or sprayer nuzzle Reply With Quote
    biglentil's Avatar Aug 11, 2020 | 13:13 13 At $235/mt 28-0-0 for equivalent pricing per pound of actual N would be $386/mt 46-0-0 delivered. Whats a good price on 46-0-0 delivered these days?
    Last edited by biglentil; Aug 11, 2020 at 16:53.
    Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Aug 11, 2020 | 22:43 14 At $0.38 a pound I’m tempted to dump my Nh3 system and switch over to liquid. For years the fertilizer industry have always said Nh3 was the cheapest source of N but the last few years I think liquid has been very competitive. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Aug 12, 2020 | 18:48 15 Farmaholic, what’s going on out there? Is it storming at your place? Reply With Quote
    Aug 12, 2020 | 19:44 16 There was a tornado watch down there somewhere but didn’t hear the “ghetto” specified. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Aug 12, 2020 | 19:44 17 Missed alot of the heavier showers this afternoon but we're getting a shot right now. Less than half a tenth up to 6:30.

    Happy our peas are in the bin Reply With Quote

  • Aug 12, 2020 | 21:30 18
    Quote Originally Posted by biglentil View Post
    At $235/mt 28-0-0 for equivalent pricing per pound of actual N would be $386/mt 46-0-0 delivered. Whats a good price on 46-0-0 delivered these days?
    Friend of mine booked urea for 386 a month ago. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Aug 12, 2020 | 23:12 19
    Quote Originally Posted by farmaholic View Post
    Missed alot of the heavier showers this afternoon but we're getting a shot right now. Less than half a tenth up to 6:30.

    Happy our peas are in the bin
    Zero at main farm, 2/10 to 1 1/4 inch at rest. At least lentils didn’t get pummelled. Reply With Quote
    Aug 13, 2020 | 05:13 20 .27 at Ghetto Central, probably still help flax and "slow as molasses in January" Nexera(still dark green without any color change). Probably help wheat too. Odd wheat crop..... it was suffering before first saving rain came....tillers probably were going to abort but then decided there was enough moisture to make a go for it. Now we have main stems fairly advanced and tillers trying to play catch up. Almost like two stages on each plant throughout the feild. Reply With Quote