• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Woodland, how are the PGR's on the barley working?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woodland, how are the PGR's on the barley working?

Earlier, you noted that you were applying some PGR's on barley till it got too wet. Any results to share yet? It has been a good year for lodging crops so far. Those that survived the incessant drowning at least.

I’m not entirely sure which fields got covered as my brother did it and didn’t get everything done due to mud and incessant rain. Drove the baler past a couple fields I haven’t seen in a month and they’re in various states of lodging with some green-ness disappearing which is nice to see.

I will find out more tomorrow. Been occupied chopping and baling ahead of late tomorrow’s forecast of you know what. 😉

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
      I will find out more tomorrow. Been occupied chopping and baling ahead of late tomorrow’s forecast of you know what. 😉
      Sounds like you can take the threat of rain very serious. Here in Ghetto Central threats of rain are usually empty threats.
      What a difference.

Comment

AF5 we sprayed Ethrel on our Barley and it has helped a lot. Only a few spots where it was double seeded that it lodged. Hopefully stays that way til harvest. Still a few weeks away yet.

Comment

I apologize for the late reply. We’ve been making silage on fields that got seeded last year and since it was too wet they never got rolled. Rocks sitting on the surface and the discbine in lodged clover don’t mix very well.

The barley that got Ethrel or Manipulator on it is lodged less than last year and slightly less than the untreated fields. Most of our barley got dinged with light hail and has plenty of disease so that’s complicating it to. Still going to be fun swathing. At least it’s starting to turn so maybe we can start on it in September which would be nice for a change.

We’ll definitely try it again next year if we grow any cereals.

Comment

Thanks for the update.
            Any side by side test strips ?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
              Thanks for the update.
              Any side by side test strips ?
              There’s unplanned test “strips” where the sprayer spun out or slid off the hills.😉

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...
              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.