• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola like Gold!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farming101, you make a interesting point, and I always watch the producer deliveries to gauge the trends. The crop wasn’t as small last year as some predicted and/or there was a lot more carry over.

Seems like this year the bin bottoms are showing and swept.

Comment

Jan 500 puts

Click image for larger version

Name:	J21 puts 500 A7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	770003

Comment

I dont understand the off combine firesales every year. That is definitely hurting our prices. Sure there are bills to be paid but there are cash advances and bridge financing for all that. If we starved the trade for a little while we would get a nice premium a few months later.

10,000 ac farms cant get a 2M credit line? Interest rates are 2%. And whats all that fancy storage on farms now for?
        Last edited by jazz; Aug 10, 2020, 08:20.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
          Where is BOBOO any way we haven't heard anything from her since the great we know the Carbon tax costs farmers for grain drying but we won't present that report?

I for one think BOBOO is the worst AG minister in the entire World. Not just North America i think the entire fricking world.
          She is a member of justin trudeaus team ,what did you expect?

Comment

Originally posted by GALAXIE500 View Post
            She is a member of justin trudeaus team ,what did you expect?
            Hopefully off to learn english.

Comment

21 a bushel is more realistic when u consider the price of over priced steel,seed,chemical,rent,taxes,fuel,and every other god damn thing.

Comment

A person in the article claims they're 50% sold on new-crop canola...... near Regina. Last time I checked we don't have a crusher near Regina..... local terminal basis is pretty ugly. Who knows, maybe they did a futures first or some other pricing scheme that moves the canola into the system but leaves the pricing risk with the Producer. Specialty canola production contract.... who knows.

Cash flow is King, people make decisions based on their own needs.

I don't see any net canola prices to write home about.

Larry Weber needs to chime in with his estimated 2020(hind-sight...this will only work once) production.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200810-210631.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	770006

Not bad, I put a bit of sales on the books but based off July($pecialty canola) . Hopefully the high isn't in for the crop year.....its a long time til next one.

Comment

Whoa..... looks like canola, the new gold, lost a bit of it's luster today. A dime a bushel. Buyers must smell the feilds ripening.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                    Whoa..... looks like canola, the new gold, lost a bit of it's luster today. A dime a bushel. Buyers must smell the feilds ripening.
                    Same with the yellow metal down over a $100 an ounce. With the new Russian Vaccine everything is hunkidory in the world supposedly.

Comment

Infact the Russians posted images of their vaccine.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                        Infact the Russians posted images of their vaccine.
                        I am sure that is better than any China/turdo shit Canada will have.

Comment

From
                          oz. prices back to $547 on farm today down 8 bucks a CloudBreak
                          *CANOLA RECOMMENDATION*
                          EU ****seed futures had been trending higher, but due to weakness across the oilseed complex (soy, palm and canola oil) EU ****seed futures have now broken below previous support. This weakness has been exacerbated by the expectations of a record global soybean crop, with updated WASDE estimates out tomorrow. For those who have had some rain and hold some confidence over production, it may be worthwhile topping up sales if you are below our current recommendation of 20-25%.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                            I am sure that is better than any China/turdo shit Canada will have.
                            Much much better lol

Comment

I was offered $10.47 for January to the crusher for a special price. FM.

I sure hope the middle man enjoys his profits on Canola because it sure ain't gold to the Canadian farmer.

Comment

Here's a good Once Upon A Time story for the little ones....

Way back in May 2013 you could sell canola for 14.35 USD.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.