• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pulse prices?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulse prices?

Lentils green and red? Xpected some movement up but have heard some nice looking fields also.
    Peas yellow and green?
    Anyone grow Dunn peas are they easy to
    Move and prices?

Are there any export sales?????

This is why we need mandatory reporting in this country...

Using TPAs or pricing specials isn't making the system more efficient.

The grain has to be sitting at port not in farmers bins...

Comment

Harvest Happy Hour is right around the corner.

Sell green peas for $8 that you can't squeeze in a bin or don't want half a bin taking up space and two months later or next spring get $2-$4 a bushel more.

Harvest Happy Hour is Predatory Pricing Opportunities for buyers.

😆😃😆😃😆😉😉😉😉😉😠

Comment

I have been getting rid of a some old crop yellow peas this week for 6.75 and they tell me new crop will be 7.00.
        I guess I should just tell the buyer I just combined them!

Comment

I think the cupboards are bare and the bins are rattling. New crop lentils are slow podding, I’ve seen much better at this stage, for sure. It’s been said, “If we aren’t harvesting by August 15, we are prolly in trouble”. Lentils are somewhat indeterminate and once the nights get cool and damp in fall , the plants wanna green up again. So that’s only 9 days and our lentils got a lot of podding and filling to do yet. We are hoping they make it. Our crop tour last week didn’t show us any hum-dinger lentil fields either. Lord knows crops around here have had enough stress and that’s the recipe for lentil heaven. Lentil prices are firm for a reason, but don’t ask Farmlink.

Comment

Moving old crop reds for 26c, last month was 28c. And the lentil crop sure doesnt look like last yrs. Disease pressure and cycle looks rushed. Grass green the other day and now some fields 30% turned. Will be dessictating within 2 weeks I imagine.

Seeing the odd kernal of FHB in durum. Hope its low in the final sample.

Canola has some curled pods and the tops are struggling. Heat blasted out of flowering in most cases.

Comment

Lots of peas being harvested north of Estevan today.
              Matured quickly,,, hummm.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
                Lots of peas being harvested north of Estevan today.
                Matured quickly,,, hummm.
                But still gonna make a 60 booshel to da aca.

Comment

We desicated first lentils today. That field had total rain of 7/10. Might go 15-20.

Comment

What’s everyone using for desication on lentils?
                    Some buyers advising not using any Roundup.
                    I will be using Reglone .... I hate spraying at night though.
                    You would think by now they would have come up with something to add to Reglone that would make it work in daylight.

Comment

Got all our peas defecated with a diquat product. Fields are a nice tan-brown....but the peas need curing. We always combine tough/damp but it's still a little too soon. But would like to get those green peas off because of sun bleaching, nothing matures evenly in the Ghetto....everything from a wee bit too late --to just right --to too early -- in the same feild. Gotta average it out. It worked in the past for us, if it's not broke don't fix it. I'm resigned to the fact I have to go back post harvest with glyphosate. Those thistles always seem to find enough moisture to form a rosette to go into winter with....then they get a liter of glypho.
                      Last edited by farmaholic; Aug 6, 2020, 22:18.

Comment

Crops east of here , Maymont to Stoon matured very fast without that rain 12 days ago
                        Top yield got corn holed big time

Comment

Peas here in a huge area 40-60 % hail damaged
                          50 bus crops ..... do the math
                          Many will be 70 plus

Comment

Canola will be 10-20 lower than that , with some at 5-10 , a smaller area at 100% gone

Hopefully we be ok when combines roll

10 days from pre harvest weed control here .
                            Needed this last rain tonight, will help keep weight with what’s left
                            Last edited by furrowtickler; Aug 6, 2020, 23:09.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                              Lentils green and red? Xpected some movement up but have heard some nice looking fields also.
                              Peas yellow and green?
                              Anyone grow Dunn peas are they easy to
                              Move and prices?
                              Dunn Peas are essentially a cheap subsitute for Maple peas in China (and not used anywhere else yet). But Maple pea prices are sluggish due to heavy stocks sitting in China and maple market is around $8 fob so my guess is Dunns are 6-7. I suspect that increases later in season but they still likely are worth less then a green pea.

The Dunn peas apparently have a better taste after protien extraction and higher protien then yellow peas but hard to remove the seed coat prior to fractionation. They should be a premium but buyers in destination market just don't see it that way so extremely hard to market. We have done a small export program on them but it is super difficult to trade. We won't dip back into this market for a few years and i have told some friends to stop growing them.

Green pea market is very quiet as well and trade generally feels acreage is up and decent crop overall. Not perfect everywhere but $10+ per bushel for the last couple years continues to increase acreage and eventually it will matter to price. I don't have a crystal ball on this market but i dont expect it to react similar to last few years. That"s the reason green pea acreage went up.

On lentils the long term issue is its a big crop. Yes inventory is down but acreage is way way up. I dont need farmlink to tell me that it is a significant crop. Yes there are pockets of poorer areas but long term average is 1300 lbs. I feel it is likely better then that across Sask and southern alberta. Indian demand will help and we cant predict that either. Best to look at profit per acre on all these crops and market if the number is big enough. I am aggressively sold on green lentils for my farm. Holding canary and maple peas until later in winter. Never grew Durum or canola.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.