• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
    It seems to be year of accidents. A friend, 68 yrs old, decided to buy himself a dirt bike, use the cat to build a track. Well one weekend bad leg injury, then next weekend a bad fall and broke hip - yep, right before harvest. Another friend washing windows at cottage, falls backwards over concrete retaining wall onto concrete walk. Last we heard, broken back and head injury. Lucky to be alive. Be careful everybody, we are not invincible.
    Especially as "I" age. Amazing how things change. Now I know what my Dad meant when he said.........

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
      Back in March the media actually taught us that the Covid virus is racist and attacks African Americans at a disproportionate rate due to diabetes and obesity rates. (North of the border it’s another minority group.)
      The irony is spreading the virus through protesting and defunding of police forces will hurt these group the most.
      (Agrivilles own Chucky was involved in one of these mass protest movements that will cause a lot of harm and death.)
      And how are the crops out your way?

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
        And how are the crops out your way?
        The reason I asked, was I heard there had been some bad localized flooding around the bathroom sink, so I was concerned about how that might have affected your crops in that end of the house. Also rumours of a persistent heatwave in front of the stove, and that there hasn't been enough sunlight in the basement all summer, so crops are way behind.

Just trying to make the rest of the Agriville members feel more comfortable posting their own crop reports.

I know how intimidating it can be to post a crop report after SF3's, so I'm trying to get the conversation started among the STO's and BTO's( Basement time operators)

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
          The reason I asked, was I heard there had been some bad localized flooding around the bathroom sink, so I was concerned about how that might have affected your crops in that end of the house. Also rumours of a persistent heatwave in front of the stove, and that there hasn't been enough sunlight in the basement all summer, so crops are way behind.

Just trying to make the rest of the Agriville members feel more comfortable posting their own crop reports.

I know how intimidating it can be to post a crop report after SF3's, so I'm trying to get the conversation started among the STO's and BTO's( Basement time operators)
          Don't forget SBO's, SandBox Operators.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post

I hope you are getting enough rain, I heard it was a little dry in Alberta.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
              I hope you are getting enough rain, I heard it was a little dry in Alberta.
              The weather or the humour is a little dry?

Comment

Havent been west all summer but have been south to Wpg and from what I have seen the wheat is real good as a whole. Even in the flood area it’s not bad at all. But there is a few weeks to go to the finish line. I would say an above average crop and could or should make 70s in my opinion. Definitely higher in more areas than not.
                Soys looked real good but could use a drink anytime to add more bushels this month.
                Canola I thot was average at best. Lots of burnt up that could have used more rain in July. Definitely not a record breaker at all. We thot our Canola wasn’t bad but it’s no bin buster. Hoping it’s in the 50 range which is where I think a lot will be or less in Manitoba.
                Peas seemed to be anywhere from great to average at best depending on how much rain in June and July. Too much rain definitely buggered up potential. All the lower areas in our crop are done and drying down and yield has been lost but overall I believe has a 60-70 potential yet.
                Fababeans started out poor being so dry but with all the moisture the last 6 weeks they look real good and have above average potential. Hoping in the 70s if no frost til early Sept.
                This was our first year with black beans and just checking the pods they look to have decent potential but have nothing to compare to so other than the drowned out areas I’m happy with how they look. Another 6 weeks and we will know whether they are a good fit on the farm.
                Overall our area is average for most crops some slightly above but no bin buster.

Comment

Originally posted by FarmJunkie View Post
                  Havent been west all summer but have been south to Wpg and from what I have seen the wheat is real good as a whole. Even in the flood area it’s not bad at all. But there is a few weeks to go to the finish line. I would say an above average crop and could or should make 70s in my opinion. Definitely higher in more areas than not.
                  Soys looked real good but could use a drink anytime to add more bushels this month.
                  Canola I thot was average at best. Lots of burnt up that could have used more rain in July. Definitely not a record breaker at all. We thot our Canola wasn’t bad but it’s no bin buster. Hoping it’s in the 50 range which is where I think a lot will be or less in Manitoba.
                  Peas seemed to be anywhere from great to average at best depending on how much rain in June and July. Too much rain definitely buggered up potential. All the lower areas in our crop are done and drying down and yield has been lost but overall I believe has a 60-70 potential yet.
                  Fababeans started out poor being so dry but with all the moisture the last 6 weeks they look real good and have above average potential. Hoping in the 70s if no frost til early Sept.
                  This was our first year with black beans and just checking the pods they look to have decent potential but have nothing to compare to so other than the drowned out areas I’m happy with how they look. Another 6 weeks and we will know whether they are a good fit on the farm.
                  Overall our area is average for most crops some slightly above but no bin buster.

.......WOW. funny how learn to accept our own farm's capabilities. The Ghetto is all I know and is "home". I often wish we had more productive land. No sense comparing if I want to maintain sanity. It is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                    Mass protests , riots , looting have a lot more to do with the spread of the COVID than anyone will ever admit .
                    Yes , some were way too much of a cavalier attitude. As well big Hollywood parties , fake Cuomo COVID infection was utterly embarrassing for CNN ... ohhh look at me finally coming out of my basement lol WTF . Florida fiasco and many other examples.
                    But they are not pointing the finger at what is sure a huge factor . Masses of people still “protesting” that’s impossible not to spread the virus just as bad or worse .
                    Trump did nothing to spark protests , it was a few bad cops , an absolute drug addicted dude and a bunch of paid protesters.... fact .
                    In fact Obama did SFA his 8 years to help the black communities, SFA
                    Black / Hispanic jobs were near the highest in history in December....... again no one will talk about that .
                    Not defending Trump , just pointing out he is not the bogeyman in all this .
                    Where did the virus come from ? Think a little

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                      .......WOW. funny how learn to accept our own farm's capabilities. The Ghetto is all I know and is "home". I often wish we had more productive land. No sense comparing if I want to maintain sanity. It is what it is.
                      It definitely is what it is here too.
                      I’m past the point of caring how I measure up in the “contest”. I’ll be happy just to complete it, get my participant ribbon, and move on.

Been working at attempting “haying” for six weeks and only a third done. The tires on the baler were wet all day even at 31*C before this afternoon’s T-storm rolled through.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                        Faba beans run 70? Who would have thunk it.

Far as I am concerned we have an amazing crop coming for only 5 inches of rain.

Comment

We have a disease down under called “backyarditis”

Common symptoms not believing reports, my crops below average so everyone’s is or Or in some cases my crops a bumper so everybody’s is.

Crops 300kms away can’t be much different than mine.

Peoples yield monitors are incorrect.

Crop scouts don’t know shit from clay or even vice versa

Believing everything on Internet forums and using it as a marketing tool.

Canadians are much more sane and rational than us aussies so it’s a affliction you’ve possibly never heard off.

Comment

The sad part is the one place just went to there clients and it was social distancing and only one person per field.

Flooded means zero to min crop.

Hail min to zero crop.

Drought 1/2 to less crop.

Heat takes yield every day.

One area is a garden and thats what they look at.

Canada has an average crop from Man to Alberta. Real simple just takes a drive and its really easy to see.

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
                              We have a disease down under called “backyarditis”

Common symptoms not believing reports, my crops below average so everyone’s is or Or in some cases my crops a bumper so everybody’s is.

Crops 300kms away can’t be much different than mine.

Peoples yield monitors are incorrect.

Crop scouts don’t know shit from clay or even vice versa

Believing everything on Internet forums and using it as a marketing tool.

Canadians are much more sane and rational than us aussies so it’s a affliction you’ve possibly never heard off.
                              Excellent points Mallee. It sounds like you are describing several posters right here on Agriville. LOL
                              I dont know any farmers who have the time to cover 3 prairie provinces and come up with accurate yield estimates. But the mal contents are always suspicious of experts who do. Yes they make mistakes and are sometimes inaccurate. Most of that is assessed in hindsight. But does anyone really think farmers are going to do a better job of estimating yield? Most of us are not sure of our own yields until it is in the bin.

Comment

Sask3 if those are your expected yields you haven't had dry conditions. Get down to 10 or 15 bu then see how your summer goes.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...