• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Huge yield loss, over the last 4 wks.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well we ended up with 8 tenths for the day. Had about .17 early this morning and st supper had a hard rain from a small cell that lingered or moved slowly that topped us up to 8 tenths. Can't even say it hit the whole Ghetto, but that's what Ghetto Central(our yard) got.

Although too late for the peas, they are diquated, and are burnt yellow the rest of the crop types might plump up a bit instead of shrivelled shrunken wheat. Should help canola fill a bit better and flax too.

Combines will be rolling on our peas soon. Bonus is there weren't any large stunted patches from root rot like last year....therefore hoping for better results.

Comment

Our yield loss started well over 10 weeks ago. When it started raining every single day, sometimes 2 or 3 inches per event. Finally getting some much needed heat, with no shortage of water in the ground, what survived is progressing finally. Still standing water in places no one has seen it before. Water table was above grade for a period of weeks in a large area(not standing water, just completely saturated, and flowing from a water well 2 feet above the ground), those areas aren't recovering.

I just checked the Environment Canada records. Still haven't had more than one consecutive day without precipitation since April 23. Only missed 9 days total since then. 67 consecutive days without missing a rain.

Still haven't hit 30 degrees.

Canola didn't flower as long as expected. Some is almost more green than yellow already, and that is unusual for here at this time of year. But might be welcome by fall if it actually matures for the first time in I forget how many years. Not expecting any bin buster, even on the ground that wasn't drowned out. Wheat looks spectacular, about done flowering now. Barley all over the map.

Comment

Excess rain is awful and when it goes on for years and years and years you almost want to give up. This year first time ever we are living on tenths in our part of the world as even storms have zip for major rain. I like the drought better, its way easier to farm than exceess rain.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
          Not too smart, Sask Party. 🤯
          We could go back to the Roy Romanow and Lorne Calvert days. It could be worse , a lot worse ! How about if the Liberals were in power provincially ? Look at what they are doing federally.

You want to see something not too smart , look at our RM system. Amalgamation can't come soon enough. Way too many pigs at the trough. Saw that on my stint for 10 years , and a big shakeup needs to come soon.

Comment

Originally posted by GALAXIE500 View Post
            We could go back to the Roy Romanow and Lorne Calvert days. It could be worse , a lot worse ! How about if the Liberals were in power provincially ? Look at what they are doing federally.

You want to see something not too smart , look at our RM system. Amalgamation can't come soon enough. Way too many pigs at the trough. Saw that on my stint for 10 years , and a big shakeup needs to come soon.
            I think we have an NDP government now....taxpayers money used for incredibly stupid projects that have zero return for the taxpayer...

1. The CCS costs more to maintain that it generates in revenue...and WALL/ MOE cant get the federal government to accept it as a reduction mechanism along with some credits?????

2. The GTH paid off handsomely for a couple politicians and their friends.....

3. There is not a single acre of irrigation within the three large districts in Saskatchewan making any kind of a ROI for the money the taxpayers have spent on it...anyone that says there is doesnt understand a phucking thing about economics and taxpayer money.

If there was a conservative government here the investors wouldn't have to be bribed with corporate welfare to come.....they would see the potential and invest accordingly...

Look at who is selling land in large blocks now....I think the investors are slowly making their way to the hills...not to cause a panic...

Look at the land for rent for 2021 ...

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
              You wouldn’t know it by the falling grain prices!
              No 1 wheat 13.5 $5.85 bu ... absolute disgrace.
              Are we back in 1975???
              Thankfully I cut my wheat acres back to basically zero. Can anyone say farming is fun anymore??
              So getting rid of the CWB didn’t result in sky high prices for wheat? What a surprise! So who is to blame now for the dismal prices? But at least you have marketing freedom! Now all you have to do is get rid of supply management for dairy and poultry and free the “oppressed” supply managed farmers and lower the consumer prices for low income earners! “Free market” Utopia awaits. LOL

Comment

Ya like I'd want $3 buck wheat from CWB lol

Comment

Originally posted by Robertbarlage View Post
                  And have it sit in the bin for years. Good times.

Comment

Originally posted by Robertbarlage View Post
                    You are exaggerating there Bob. In my 40 years of farming the best wheat price I got from the CWB was a $1.50! And that was for #1! In fact some years I had to pay the CWB to take my grain! And when I refused, they put me in jail.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                      You are exaggerating there Bob. In my 40 years of farming the best wheat price I got from the CWB was a $1.50! And that was for #1! In fact some years I had to pay the CWB to take my grain! And when I refused, they put me in jail.
                      Finally,,, chucky posts something that proves they were a actual farmer !
                      Chuck, don't feel so bad,,, we all feel your pain,,, we were all screwed by the cwb.

Comment

Farm Link to the rescue, they are claiming "a monster" wheat crop. Should help prices.... sarc.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
                          Finally,,, chucky posts something that proves they were a actual farmer !
                          Chuck, don't feel so bad,,, we all feel your pain,,, we were all screwed by the cwb.
                          Honestly, nothing he says makes any sense at all.

Comment

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
                            Farm Link to the rescue, they are claiming "a monster" wheat crop. Should help prices.... sarc.
                            Is Neil Townsend retarded??????

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                              Is Neil Townsend retarded??????

WINNIPEG, Manitoba, Aug 5 (Reuters)*-*Canadian farmers are on track to harvest a record-large all-wheat crop, and more canola than last year, due mainly to favorable crop conditions, farmer advisory service FarmLink Marketing Solutions estimated on Wednesday.

The Winnipeg, Manitoba-based company's staff toured Western Canadian fields during the last two weeks of July. Canada is one of the world's biggest wheat exporters, and the top canola producer.

"We expected a big crop and we saw a big crop," said Neil Townsend, FarmLink's chief market analyst. The wheat crop in particular is an "absolute monster," he said.

The wheat harvest including durum looks to reach nearly 39 million tonnes, surpassing the current record of 37.6 million, set in 2013.

Pandemic lockdowns caused a surge in demand for bread and pasta, made from wheat. (Full Story)

FarmLink estimated canola production at 20.2 million tonnes, up from 18.6 million last year.

Even so, many canola, pea and lentil crops are behind normal development and need favorable late summer weather, according to FarmLink. Canola and cereal crops require additional moisture to reach their potential.

Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the annual tour chose fields less randomly than usual, focusing on client crops. Scouts drove alone and covered more ground, FarmLink said.

Statistics Canada is scheduled to release the government's first estimates of crop production on Aug. 31.

(Reporting by Rod Nickel in Winnipeg, Manitoba; Editing by David Gregorio)

Comment

There will certainly be a big crop the way it looks right now.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.