• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola Levy

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canola Levy

When is the last day to apply to get it back? Wheat too?
    Last edited by sumdumguy; Jul 27, 2020, 08:34.

took the words right outta my mouth
    and do we actually have to supply every grain ticket to these assholes?

Comment

Just curious what people's problems are with the wheat commission. I'm not a big wheat grower so I haven't looked too hard at it. But from looking at it peripherally the wheat organization seems much better run than the canola growers. 80% of check-off dollars go to research, seems like a lots less vacations disquised as meetings,the board expenses are much less. Where as the canola growers seem to like wasting money and flaunting it in our faces.

Comment

.......seedtax will pay for future "research". I too think asking for the refund from certain groups is the equivelant of cutting off your nose to spite your face. Messages need to be sent to some camps.

Comment

I can claim rebates from 3 commodity groups.
          Almost $2,300 worth. I can imagine what "real" farmers would get back.
          I could use the money at home too. Spending lots.
          Last edited by farmaholic; Jul 27, 2020, 12:02.

Comment

Wheat and Canola during Aug. Phone canola growers for a form. They insist a new one each year. Wheat you can print off website. Always phone after email or FAX to confirm, they like to LOSE your application and KEEP the $ because they never got it?
            Suggest you start Aug 1or 2, give it lots of time. Screw research, the CHAIN should pay, WE take 99% of risk!

Comment

Why not claim your money back, it will pay for your palm springs vacation next year instead of paying for theirs.

Comment

My biggest peeve with the levies is that there are tax credits attached to the levy and most accountants or producers don’t take the time to use them. I feel that these associations should be sending out a tax info slip similar to a T4 that you could give to your accountant to get your tax credits. If and when that ever happens I might be inclined to leave them some money.

Comment

We used ours once, a tax credit is never the same as having the "cash". Give up the corporate tax on it(the levy) and you're miles ahead.

Comment

Barley growers have the largest levy/acre at $1/tonne.

Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post

Interesting.
                      To grow MORE bushels for cheaper malt/beer. 1.5 cents per can/bottle is too much to pay the grower! Everybody wins but us!

Comment

Been applying for several years now from everyone. Pay for a hot holiday for yourself rather than someone else. Ask yourself what you have gotten from any of them. What pushed me over the edge on all these was the Canola Councils “Big Hairy Audacious Goal” of 15 million tonnes by 2015. Think about that, our own money being used to flood our own market. Imagine Apple paying an association fee per unit sold that was used to flood the market with IPads. If you don’t apply for a refund you are part of the problem, they interpret this as grower approval. Were they able to help with Carbon tax on grain drying? Trade issues with China?, Seed size pricing? Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post

Interesting.
                          alfalfa is $27.55/mt

Comment

Originally posted by grahamp View Post
                            been applying for several years now from everyone. Pay for a hot holiday for yourself rather than someone else. Ask yourself what you have gotten from any of them. What pushed me over the edge on all these was the canola councils “big hairy audacious goal” of 15 million tonnes by 2015. Think about that, our own money being used to flood our own market. Imagine apple paying an association fee per unit sold that was used to flood the market with ipads. If you don’t apply for a refund you are part of the problem, they interpret this as grower approval. Were they able to help with carbon tax on grain drying? Trade issues with china?, seed size pricing? Nope.
                            excellent post

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                              alfalfa is $27.55/mt
                              Wow.....hopefully there doesn’t end up with an alfalfa “seed tax” on top of the levy.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.