• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday.

Well it’s finally warming up and except for yesterday the wind maybe is starting to slow down. Sucks if you got a wind turbine but great if you have solar panels. I prefer water generated.

Total rainfall for the week 1/4 inch so total now for the month just over 3 inches.

Their is definitely a difference this year in timing of first seeding date. All crop in our area seeed May 1 week had yield potential taken away before theClick image for larger version

Name:	BFE947FA-B75B-4D53-951F-6FE77622D7C6.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	779444 first rain came in July. The picture above is the last fields i seeded to wheat.

We need heat and we’re going to get it this week.

Fungicides are almost all done and guys are scouting for bugs in Canola but min found.

So overall for our area is back to normal north of town and south is just a little bit dryer. South of valley still a strip looking for rain. That’s ly shiwers a mile or two away you look like a loser because you missed the rain.

Ok here we go.

Hrs is done flowering on early and starting to fill. Smaller heads than last year. Lots sprayed fungicide because jul went wet and now every day heavy dew or fog like this morning again.later seeded is way better but needs heat to catch up.wheat overall is a 9 out of 10. Wild oats is coming on early seeded fields maybe some resistance out here.

Barley is filling in nice and some early fields are getting that different colour. Later seeded are thick and doing great. Most sprayed fungicide.

Oats wow guys who caught right shower it’s awesome others it’s ok. All sprayed and looking ok some put fungicides some didn’t.

Flax is finally filling in crop thinner than last year hitting the bloom stage.

Peas some early are finishing flowering later just hit their stride. Peas look good and clean in our area on fields seeded every 6 to 12 years after peas. Shorter rotation have a big issue as rains came later.

Lentils getting second fungicide but love the weather this year.

Canola is filling in and most are at full flower nice yellow fields. Early seeded are done flowering or where they missed showers in June. We’re talking tenths of a inch showers in June. Some fields are 10 out of 10 one half been blooming since July 1.

Hay crop is nice on newly seeded but old hay fields needed the June rains that never came.

Pastures are holding on with the July rains.

Hail was a issue last week and damage control worked good on fields with 40% or less damage. The one with 98.6% damage is struggling to come back.

Hail adjusters and companies are out in full force but the sheet on recovery has changed and now a field with no plants left is considered 65% damage. Ah hail companies your games suck.

Grain is moving but line ups are long some places two hour wait. G3 is very popular and *ovong others a run for their money.

Guys cleaning spring thrashed as deer shit is a issue for some.

Equipment is out on some for harvest but this seems to be a week guys go to lake if they can camping with family or just work on yard projects or make hay.

Overall the crops look good to excellent but the next 7 days of heat will show who got rain and who missed the showers.

Enjoy the virtual Ag in motion.

Have a safe and prosperous week.

Oh sask ag will say no problem all over the province it’s just wide beautiful farming.

Bins are empty... all over here
    Local Richardson says they will be empty for a month before harvest ..... and they are not alone
    Huge canola carry over 😂😂😂

Comment

I agree canola is all gone on most farms and even the spring thrashed is almost all gone. It’s BS about any carry over.

Last years hrs is getting hailed as now falling numbers seem to be a thing of the past again. #2 wheat instead of feed is the new normal. Amazing how a winter can change grade.

Fu king games by grain companies suck.

Oh these arrived can I play with Chuck in the sandbox also.

Comment

Along the reserve miles by yourself. Last seeded hrs getting ace on some vs prosaro vs caramba

Comment

Newly seeded hay field

Hailed out 47% coming back with ****tail

Hailed out 98.6% is trying to recover with ****tail and should be ready in January.

They have a chart that 98.6% damage or gone is now 65%.

But if you have 5 10 to 13 % damage they don’t care and will pay you what they owe.

Fun and games.

Comment

still waiting on hail adjusters , 3 weeks today
            wouldn't come to the NE because hail was so bad
            could of had some good looking summer fallow by now
            canola hasn't come back at all , nothing
            wheat , barley and oats about 20- 30% left according to SCIC
            peas came back a little , getting roundup today
            all canola north of town getting cultivator
            south crops really good
            millions of acres of canola and crops gone in wide strip from melfort to petaigan

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
              Newly seeded hay field

Hailed out 47% coming back with ****tail

Hailed out 98.6% is trying to recover with ****tail and should be ready in January.

They have a chart that 98.6% damage or gone is now 65%.

But if you have 5 10 to 13 % damage they don’t care and will pay you what they owe.

Fun and games.
              ****tail , whats that ?

Comment

Oh I agree and Sask ag and food will say nothing about hail damage or flood damage or zero rain for some guys. It’s all sunny ways.

Don’t worry case they were hoping it would come back that’s why they haven’t arrived yet.

I love the hail chart when 100% is 65 must be the new math they teach in schools.

Province crop tour I am doing is Regina to stoughton up through wadena Hudson Bay over time Nipiwan then PA down to Saskatoon over your Rosetown then great Sandhills over to Assiniboia Moose Jaw and back.

Had a nice 5010 to look at on the way and guy texted he sold it last night some times you have to just stop what your doing and go.

New project maybe a old screaming GMC shaker.

Comment

C o c k t a i l.

The program changes it because it’s a swear word fu k

Comment

Oh on the covid file in Sask the Hutts have it so no farm sale here till they get their house in order. HahHh

But the best news of the week for me is Trudeau is going down the corrupt little bitch is going to get what he deserves. Who will the liberals throw under the bus. Right now tricky Willy dick is digging a really good hole.

I love when liberals eat their own.

But the conservatives had a glass of expensive orange juice and had to resign or Duffy had a buddy pay back all his cash and it took years of media help to crucify the fat little guy.

I said since day one incompetent fools and gender equal cabinet don’t work. You need professional smart people to run a country and well skippy is proving every day he just wasn’t ready and he is a total moron.

Comment

Ah summer

Comment

Finally finished with fungicide yesterday. Put a second app on my peas. First app was 16 days ago and the peas were maybe 30 inches tall in the high spots. Yesterday they ranged from 36 inches tall to 48 inches tall. These are Inca peas, but I have grown Lacombe, Meadow and Thunderbird peas and they all grow to tall imo. Are there any varieties that don’t grow as tall? Trying the 2 apps of fungicide to see if I can help them stand, probably a waste of money.

Wheat in our area certainly looks good, most are either in full flower or just starting to fill, certainly a 9 out of 10. Tried some Viewfield wheat this year certainly looks good. Also grew some Crossfield CPS wheat side by side with Penhold, Crossfield looks really good so far.

Canola is looks really good as well, early seeded almost done flowering. I tryed one field of Brevant B3010M, it looks good, it will be interesting to see how it does against my Invigor.

Barley looks good except for the low areas.

Haying is going very slow, hoping to start in the next few days. Cows are loving all the grass.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                          ****tail , whats that ?
                          Maybe Foxtail or Oxtail?😂

Comment

22, with 96 humidity. Can wring out the dirty thirties. So uncomfortable. 90 % thunderstorms tonight. I guess the hay can sit another ten days...

Stagnant out there. Ant wait till it’s 30 like they say.

Comment

It sure is humid this morning and fields wet.

Pioneer 501 L

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...