• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
    What area is that if you don’t mind?
    Three Hills, Trochu area.

North, North East of Wimborne. Hard to see in the fog this morning but looks like it followed the highway for a few miles.

Comment

We had a quick hitter inch of rain here last night in Regina with some pretty good winds but I didnt see any hail.

Anyway, lentils wont like that too much especially that fast but wheat and canola will love it.

The folks in the NW cant seem to catch a break, looks like a write off.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/weather/topstories/many-crops-in-distress-leduc-county-declares-state-of-agricultural-disaster/ar-BB176DmB?ocid=spartan-ntp-feeds 'Many crops in distress:' Leduc County declares state of agricultural disaster
      Last edited by jazz; Jul 24, 2020, 07:17.

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
        Is rural theft a big issue there? Sounds like it at times.
        Fark we go out leave house unlocked, fuel Unlocked, keys in ignition you name it no drama here.
        Closer to indigenous areas problem is like yours, seems ingrained into them really dunno why.
        Five years ago we were the same as you with not locking a thing. I don’t know how many batteries, how much fuel, tools, two pickups, and a quad they’ve taken in the last five years or so. My brother had his house broken into as well. Being out in the bush at the edge of two RCMP detachments has its drawbacks.

The biggest problem is our catch and release justice system. Usually the cops and us locals occasionally know who’s doing it but nothing happens. I’m not racist and we’ve had white trash caught out here too.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
          Three Hills, Trochu area.

North, North East of Wimborne. Hard to see in the fog this morning but looks like it followed the highway for a few miles.
          I was watching that on radar last night, had some purple in it, certainly sad to see Blaithin. I hope it didn’t get too many of your fields.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
            Got hit here this evening. Not good.

Hail sucks especially when you don’t have coverage for it. 15 years ago I helped some friends cut 1500 acres after golf ball sized hail took 4 bale an acre greenfeed and turned it into a bale an acre of nice straw. Only had moisture deficiency insurance on it so the ironic part was the hail counted as moisture against his insurance.

Comment

I read the tutorial yesterday so I can actually understand the WMI radar. It wasn’t looking good on that.

But visually it wasn’t any worse than every other storm that’s gone by. Was quite dull looking actually. Fat heifer was sure running 5 minutes after this photo though. She didn’t listen when I said head to shelter 😆

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                I was going to say that hail looks really jagged and will cut anything it hits. Regina storm seemed more like thunder and lightning and rain eventually. Got to the valley and just quit. Could have used one last good rain before the heat. Zero at the farm.
                Rain guage in city of Regina showed 1 1/2 inches. White City showed 3/10. Farm dunno yet. Regina Block alive and well. 👎

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
                  Is rural theft a big issue there? Sounds like it at times.
                  Fark we go out leave house unlocked, fuel Unlocked, keys in ignition you name it no drama here.
                  Closer to indigenous areas problem is like yours, seems ingrained into them really dunno why.
                  It’s terrible in this area at times
                  Lots of drug gangs stealing everything they can if it’s not nailed down .
                  Goes in spurts , depends when the police can break up gang activity, then a month later it starts again .

Comment

This is strange. Was travelling north while east of Calgary when the tornado warnings were going on, watching the big clouds. Kept checking the radar. At one point the Strathmore radar showed a perfect gingerbread man, complete with a smiling face bearing down on our farm. I tried to find it in the historical images, and it has disappeared. Almost spooky.

Missed the hail this time, both at home, and on our trip. Lots of hail south of home yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                      It’s terrible in this area at times
                      Lots of drug gangs stealing everything they can if it’s not nailed down .
                      Goes in spurts , depends when the police can break up gang activity, then a month later it starts again .
                      Sorry Furrow, that must be terrible. I wouldn’t feel safe living where you live because you never know if they are lurking. You won’t believe this but where we live in the city, we’ve had our car cleaned out 5 times, even in our locked garage. Now we have a wee that turns off the power to the garage and even if they have a code that will open our big door, it won’t open. Seems ok so far with fence and gate screwed shut. Seems one particular group was targeting many cars and garages. So you are not alone. Safety is not concerning for us, really but now we are alarmed and camerad, weed and ready. 😉
                      Prepared and turn off power to garage. Gonna move soon. Maybe to old folks home😂

No indigenous here.
                      Last edited by sumdumguy; Jul 24, 2020, 10:20.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200724_095013.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	769980

Saskfarmer's flax

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                          Sorry Furrow, that must be terrible. I wouldn’t feel safe living where you live because you never know if they are lurking. You won’t believe this but where we live in the city, we’ve had our car cleaned out 5 times, even in our locked garage. Now we have a wee that turns off the power to the garage and even if they have a code that will open our big door, it won’t open. Seems ok so far with fence and gate screwed shut. Seems one particular group was targeting many cars and garages. So you are not alone. Safety is not concerning for us, really but now we are alarmed and camerad, weed and ready. 😉
                          Prepared and turn off power to garage. Gonna move soon. Maybe to old folks home😂
                          We have a great group of neighbours here
                          We keep an eye out constantly and keep in touch with our local rural RCMP . It helps a lot but always need to be looking over our shoulders so to speak

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post

Saskfarmer's flax
                            That farming by the sweet spot in the valley and Indian Head is a dream.

You can slip off a 100 bushel crop and be down on the lake by night time.

Comment

Geez Jazz, I can be at Echo in 25 minutes. Yesterday, she was pristine.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                                Geez Jazz, I can be at Echo in 25 minutes. Yesterday, she was pristine.
                                That's right good water flow into the chain lakes this year. No algae, levels up, water looks clean beaches nice. A guy can watch the radar from his boat. Farma probably has a yacht anchored down there.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...