• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s always humid up here.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
      I agree canola is all gone on most farms and even the spring thrashed is almost all gone. It’s BS about any carry over.

Last years hrs is getting hailed as now falling numbers seem to be a thing of the past again. #2 wheat instead of feed is the new normal. Amazing how a winter can change grade.

Fu king games by grain companies suck.

Oh these arrived can I play with Chuck in the sandbox also.
      What carryover? Must’ve been counting spring thrash and what did get harvested was at least 10bu less than last fall. If there was a million out and 10% got burnt that’s like 300000 tones that didn’t hit the market.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
        Bins are empty... all over here
        Local Richardson says they will be empty for a month before harvest ..... and they are not alone
        Huge canola carry over 😂😂😂
        Well Wadena is totally opposite, line ups at both terminals, 10 deep! Apparently farmers were waiting holding out hoping for a better price. Trains every week, both plugged full at train time.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
          Well Wadena is totally opposite, line ups at both terminals, 10 deep! Apparently farmers were waiting holding out hoping for a better price. Trains every week, both plugged full at train time.
          Every elevator and broker I’ve dealt with in the last ten years has called in the last couple weeks. Never had that before. I think most bins are empty around here. Those calls seem to reaffirm that.

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
            Every elevator and broker I’ve dealt with in the last ten years has called in the last couple weeks. Never had that before. I think most bins are empty around here. Those calls seem to reaffirm that.
            Further west you go the easier it is to move grain. Freight cost to the coast is a major factor.

Comment

Got hit here this evening. Not good.

Comment

Finally got the chopper and truck ready now if only Ma Nature could too. Another half inch in 24 hours puts the brakes on everything when it’s borderline anyway.

Corn is starting to stretch out except for any low areas that drowned out. Expectations are quite low especially on the clay. The sand is fairing much better.

Had to put up a half mile of fence to move the cows and it was nice and easy to start from scratch and not push trees and pull ancient wire out. Aside from sinking the quad, gator, tractor, loader, and wagon it went great.

The hay looks nice in swathes but I prefer seeing it minced up with plastic pulled over it and covered with straw. Tucked away safely for a couple years till it’s needed.

The cows are enjoying some barley with pasture underseeded while being moved to the next pasture. We have to leapfrog them from one quarter to the next since there’s too much bush and water to just push them right through without leaving some behind.

Continued........

Comment

Hopefully the sun wins in the tug o’ war with the clouds. Although the dark side seems to be wining in more ways than one. The thieves struck again here on Sunday night. Smashed a window and the ignition on our ‘95 F150 then took it to the reserve and took out the rest of the windows. They cleaned out about 5-8 grand of tools and even took the toolbox too. Left the tidy tank in it though.

Left in a hurry too. Kinda getting tired of this too.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                    Further west you go the easier it is to move grain. Freight cost to the coast is a major factor.
                    I actually have to haul 80km east to hit the most westerly elevator. It definitely helps for getting trains as does the fact it’s on the mainline. A fair bit of feed grain is trucked from here to the Fraser valley even.

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post

Hopefully the sun wins in the tug o’ war with the clouds. Although the dark side seems to be wining in more ways than one. The thieves struck again here on Sunday night. Smashed a window and the ignition on our ‘95 F150 then took it to the reserve and took out the rest of the windows. They cleaned out about 5-8 grand of tools and even took the toolbox too. Left the tidy tank in it though.

Left in a hurry too. Kinda getting tired of this too.

Is rural theft a big issue there? Sounds like it at times.
                      Fark we go out leave house unlocked, fuel Unlocked, keys in ignition you name it no drama here.
                      Closer to indigenous areas problem is like yours, seems ingrained into them really dunno why.

Comment

Just heading out to check for hail damage
                        Storm just went east of here .

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post

Sad to see , that jagged hail does a lot of damage .
                          That canola will most likely try to re flower , never good this time of year .

Comment

It came in just after dark but my son got this picture just before it hit us ......

Spooky wall cloud , tons of lightning
                            Just rain at farm the odd small stone

Comment

I was going to say that hail looks really jagged and will cut anything it hits. Regina storm seemed more like thunder and lightning and rain eventually. Got to the valley and just quit. Could have used one last good rain before the heat. Zero at the farm.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post

What area is that if you don’t mind?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.