• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time for another rain thread....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time for another rain thread....

I chuckle to myself, doesn't seem to matter from what direction rain comes at us. It seems to Peter out before it gets here or slips past or splits. Is there such a thing as a high pressure pocket, not ridge. But it must be pretty small because there's usually rain around us.

Will be looking for a top up soon.

How are the too wet areas doing?

What the heck! I was just out in the yard in the light rain and looking at the sky. Sky look blue all around and just this little gray cloud just east of the house that just keeps raining. I was thinking to myself why won't that rain cloud move off? Is there some kind of block holding it here?

Comment

Still super wet here. Any canola that hasnt drown out is trying to flower but as it elongates is leaning over because it has no root structure. To be honest a good hail storm to take care of what is left would be the best. Trying to combine this crap is going to be a ridiculous waste of time. The early cereals have tillered out and some will have something but a half a crop at best around here. Should be haying but the combo of wet ground and pop up thunderstorms just put that idea to rest for awhile. Some guys have cut and wrapped. Thats the only way to get it done so far. I wish we could share honestly.

Comment

Up until last couple weeks moisture has been ideal. Crops headed, canola flowered etc. Now it rains every day which makes haying impossible. People with late seeded crops have yellowing happening. Any hilly land looks fantastic but low ground is drowning. Hoping a change in the moon changes the trend.

Comment

Daily thundershowers here too. 2 to 3 tenths just about daily. Enough already, need heat to bring crops along but without the incessant moisture.

Comment

Not much here since the big 5 in rain
            Most rains coming from west completely dissipate by the time they hit the river
            Which is ok for the first time in 5 years
            We have enough to finish this crop if need be

Comment

Pretty ridiculous here. Cut hay on Thursday Friday. Been raining/storming every day since. Just had hail and heavy rain so that the basement flooded. Hay will be a wreck. Bit of a runoff too. Sick. Just sick.

Comment

Another thunderstorm blowing past here now and power is out. Keeps you nervous and on edge.

We have had rain almost every day in July but lucky the rains have been small but still the ground is never dry on the surface.

Comment

Looks as if mother nature is telling the special areas you'd better be happy with what you had for the year.

Long range forecasts are all dry and warm.

Generally sufficient moisture to make a decent crop, but dry and hot will likely take the top end out of it. We lost some potential somewhere in June as well... All in all, it'll still be above average, just hope mother nature doesnt make us fight to get it in the bin this fall!

Comment

Up to 4 inches here today. Too bad most of it ran away. Could have used some for recharge if it hadn’t all come in a few hours. Have had enuf the last 3 weeks to finish off the crop for this year.

Comment

Where abouts

Comment

Pretty well everyday , we get a shot, some excess moisture problems showing up.
                        Seen some pretty sick lentils, most peas are great but others the low spots are getting yellow
                        And shorter.
                        I have some super light land with water leaching all the nutrients out . Water and salt coming out of the ground and drowning out pretty big patches. On Decent land ,Wheat and Canola look great.
                        There has to be worse around ,we are at about 6 total including the first 3, west and south of Unity had 4-5-6 in the first shot.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                          I chuckle to myself, doesn't seem to matter from what direction rain comes at us. It seems to Peter out before it gets here or slips past or splits. Is there such a thing as a high pressure pocket, not ridge. But it must be pretty small because there's usually rain around us.

Will be looking for a top up soon.

How are the too wet areas doing?
                          I’m holding your high pressure pocket responsible for not letting my low pressure rain every day or two clouds move on.

Maybe you gotta spice up your rain dance efforts................

Still playing in the mud here.

Comment

1/2" in town today

Comment

Sorry for delay Farma. Mb/Sask border east of Pelly

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...