• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Appreciation....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Appreciation....

Out of the blue I got a text from a non-farming friend that opened my eyes to the beauty around us.

He said, "You can appreciate the Saskatchewan flag being yellow and green these days".

Was to Saskatoon and back yesterday and it is very evident the green and yellow are fitting this time of year.

Without being negative, it might be somewhat easier for farmers to appreciate it if we never had so much invested.....emotion, money, time and risk in the beauty of what others take for granted.

I needed that text as I sometimes fail, or struggle from day to day, to see the beauty around us, even if the "flags"(fields) are less than perfect.

Stress is an enjoyment sucking life force.

I LOVE a good storm. Thunder. Lightning. Amazing cloud formations. I love taking photos of them, especially with gorgeous crops as foregrounds.

But it’s hard too. I feel bad for getting excited when they come in. I know the neighbours are cringing and checking the forecast and warnings. I hesitate to share any photos I take because it’s a moment in time that causes a lot of stress for a lot of farmers.

The amount of time and energy and money farmers have invested into the land absolutely makes it hard to enjoy and appreciate the variance it can have. There’s a lot on the line. It’s hard to feel awe and amazement and wonder when you’re being dominated by stress and worry. Especially in years like this one. Some years storm clouds wouldn’t be early an issue and the problem would be the bright sun in a cloudless sky!

Comment

Green and yellow would describe the lentil fields....there is the stress people feel...do everything right and then have half the field taken in 48 to 72 hours....and no recourse for the effort invested....

It's happening everywhere in my travels. ...
      Last edited by bucket; Jul 17, 2020, 10:12.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
        Green and yellow would describe the lentil fields....there is the stress people feel...do everything right and then have half the field taken in 48 to 72 hours....and no recourse for the effort invested....

It's happening everywhere in my tracell. ...
        Yes there is the difference.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20191201_195911.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	769956

Click image for larger version

Name:	20191201_195810.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	769957

These were taken off the front step of our house last year.
          Absolutely awe inspiring but can't help wonder " what's in it"?
          I wish they were better quality pictures, camera lens on the phone was bad.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
            [ATTACH]6410[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]6411[/ATTACH]

These were taken off the front step of our house last year.
            Absolutely awe inspiring but can't help wonder " what's in it"?
            I wish they were better quality pictures, camera lens on the phone was bad.

Sheets of water, come visit us again, please!

Comment

They say the green and yellow colors of the Sask flag represent the golden grain fields in the south(bottom half) and the green forests of the north (upper half).

Ironically canola has become such a big crop that the yellow and green can also represent the feilds as they look during full bloom and everything green beside them.

Saw very little flax fields to Saskatoon and back.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                Sheets of water, come visit us again, please!
                Obviously your sheets of water got the wrong delivery address and doubled down with mine................ 😉

Very nice pictures though Farmaholic 👍

Comment

Blow them our way. We really could use a few days of water sheets. 👍 it looks like Assiniboia is getting another shower tonight.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...