• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Global News: Alberta farmers bracing for worst harvest in 18 years

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Global News: Alberta farmers bracing for worst harvest in 18 years

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/weather/topstories/alberta-farmers-bracing-for-worst-harvest-in-18-years-the-damage-is-done/ar-BB16K1YR?ocid=msedgntp https://www.msn.com/en-ca/weather/topstories/alberta-farmers-bracing-for-worst-harvest-in-18-years-the-damage-is-done/ar-BB16K1YR?ocid=msedgntp

No worries ...Agristablity will have them volunteering somewhere for a CERB payment soon enough...

Good thing irrigation is a priority in Saskatchewan to make up for any shortfalls eventually...

If this happened in Saskatchewan there would be all kinds of excuses as to why farmers cant be helped in a disaster...

And I haven't been watching the Alberta AG minister as to what he will do but I suspect some of his masters want a chance to buy out a few that have been hit by this weather.

Comment

Right now I worry about the livestock in our area because it is so wet that you can't even get into hatfields to cut hay. Fortunate because I have not ventured into cattle myself.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
        Right now I worry about the livestock in our area because it is so wet that you can't even get into hatfields to cut hay. Fortunate because I have not ventured into cattle myself.
        Talked to our cattle broker yesterday about moving our cull cows and he figures that guys will be culling hard and some selling out this fall after dealing with the last couple years here. Some fields are coming down and becoming sacrifices to the hay gods.

Raining again this morning. Kinda getting old already.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...