• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spraying Fungicides

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spraying Fungicides

Simple question ... is it ok to spray early in the morning when there is a heavy dew?
    Will the fungicide run of the plants leaves.
    With lots of wind the mornings seem to be the best time to get out there.

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
    Simple question ... is it ok to spray early in the morning when there is a heavy dew?
    Will the fungicide run of the plants leaves.
    With lots of wind the mornings seem to be the best time to get out there.
    Not ideal , but neither is the weather .
    Adding a little nutrient helps a lot in those conditions

Comment

There has to be limits as how much dew is too much dew. The amount of water per acre on a crop covered with a heavy dew is massive in comparison to the water volume per acre of an applied fungicide. THINK DILUTION. Or if the movement of the plant caused by the application basically makes the heavy dew run off the plant with the diluted fungicide.... how good could that be. Fungicide applications aren't cheap, I think you would want the biggest bang for your buck.

Comment

Not sure about that ?
        When we used to grow flax we couldnt spray buctril m when it was dewy or it really gave the flax a hard time
        Consensus was that the plant is on “suck” when it is like that ?
        Most of these fungis are systemic as well
        But we try to watch it all the same
        Planes sure dont
        Another problem is the wetter the plants the more damage wheels do to them

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
          Not sure about that ?
          When we used to grow flax we couldnt spray buctril m when it was dewy or it really gave the flax a hard time
          Consensus was that the plant is on “suck” when it is like that ?
          Most of these fungis are systemic as well
          But we try to watch it all the same
          Planes sure dont
          Another problem is the wetter the plants the more damage wheels do to them
          Me either to be honest but I've seen crops "sopping" wet with dew.
          I think there has to be a limit as to how much dew is too much dew.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
            Me either to be honest but I've seen crops "sopping" wet with dew.
            I think there has to be a limit as to how much dew is too much dew.
            Absolutely agree , hopefully after the winds dies down in a few days guys can get back at er
            Windows are very small it seems

Comment

Just wanted to share this little interesting tidbit:

When we were in Penticton during cherry-picking time, helicopters were flying all morning and after every shower to blow the water off the ripening cherries. If the water sat on the fruit, the fruit would crack and spoil. Just a diversion for today.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post

When we were in Penticton during cherry-picking time, helicopters were flying all morning and after every shower to blow the water off the ripening cherries. If the water sat on the fruit, the fruit would crack and spoil. Just a diversion for today.
                I am glad to know this...I was wondering what caused our sour cherries to crack....I was thinking we had watered them too much...

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post

You see big fans out there too for same purpose or to blow frost away.

Comment

Read a study not too long ago on timing for herbicides and fungicides and the fungicides actually worked best in the early morning and the second best time was late evening and night. The higher humidity must help. Herbicides were exactly the opposite. Mid afternoon was best and early morning not so good for killing weeds

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...