30-year-old dies after attending 'Covid party' in Texas

Commodity Marketing

Tools

30-year-old dies after attending 'Covid party' in Texas

Jul 13, 2020 | 06:58 1 https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...id-party-texas

Patient said: ‘I think I made a mistake, I thought this was a hoax, but it’s not’, according to health official

Mon 13 Jul 2020 02.39 BST
Last modified on Mon 13 Jul 2020 13.10 BST

A 30-year-old patient died after attending a “Covid party”, believing the virus to be a hoax, a Texas medical official has said.

“Just before the patient died, they looked at their nurse and said ‘I think I made a mistake, I thought this was a hoax, but it’s not,’” said Dr Jane Appleby, the chief medical officer at Methodist hospital in San Antonio.

Appleby said: “I don’t want to be an alarmist, and we’re just trying to share some real-world examples to help our community realise that this virus is very serious and can spread easily.”
Florida reports 15,000 new coronavirus cases, a record single-day total in the US
Read more

A “Covid party” is a gathering held by somebody diagnosed with coronavirus to see if the virus is real and to see if anyone gets infected, she explained.

Appleby said in her filmed comments at the weekend that she had been spurred to reveal the case after seeing a “concerning” rise in infections. She said 22% of tests were revealing a case of Covid-19, up from just 5% a few weeks ago.

A broader age range were being affected, with several 20 and 30 year olds critically ill at the Methodist hospital, she said.

“Please wear a mask, stay at home when you can, avoid groups of people and sanitise your hands,” said Appleby.

The call for caution came as top officials in Houston urged the city to lock back down as hospitals struggled to accommodate new coronavirus cases.

Houston mayor Sylvester Turner and Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo said a stay-at-home order was needed for America’s fourth-largest city to cope with the surge.

Last week, Texas continued to break records for confirmed cases and deaths linked to the disease. State health officials reported 8,196 new cases on Sunday, another 80 deaths and a total of 10,410 people hospitalised due to the virus.

The decision over a lockdown, however, rests with Republican governor Greg Abbott, who has resisted this step, saying it should be a last resort. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jul 13, 2020 | 07:04 2 Are there any remaining Covid skeptics on Agrisilly? Here is an example of how not to prove Covid is a hoax and nothing to worry about.

This guy may be a candidate for the Darwin award!

Trump wore a mask in public for the first time. Perhaps even Trump has now decided its not a hoax?

Jazz, are you planning any "special" parties?
    Last edited by chuckChuck; Jul 13, 2020 at 07:07.
    Jul 13, 2020 | 07:48 3 Hello Chuckchuck,,

There was a 20 year old that died in Saskatchewan since you attended the large mass gathering with your Marxist friends in Saskatoon.

Chuck, do you feel partly responsible? Are you a Covid-denier? Reply With Quote

• Jul 13, 2020 | 08:00 4 How do you know where this 20 year old caught Covid if that is the case?

The Chief Medical Health Officer in Saskatchewan said there was no known infections arising from the anti racism protests in Saskatchewan.

The protests were outdoors and most if not all protesters wore masks. There is a greater risk of covid infections going shopping indoors where not everyone wears a mask. And shopping happens every day in much larger numbers across the province. Are you opposed to shopping and restaurants too?

So whats your point? Reply With Quote
    ajl
    Jul 13, 2020 | 08:02 5 The only reason this is sillyville is because of your posting chuck. Anything in the guardian needs a couple of other sources to prove it is true for starters. People like you are promoting totalitarianism. The CCP virus will be with us for a long time it seems so we will have to adapt to it. The numbers are still very low but it is here to stay. Can't afford a lock down, so will have to find another way. I wont miss the NHL personally. Reply With Quote
  • 3 Likes

• Jul 13, 2020 | 08:03 6 Another relevant on topic discussion from Our resident cut and paste expert.
    For a supposed Canadian, it seems like an unhealthy infatuation with all things Trump or US. Is sure a good thing that our leadership and citizens are all beyond reproach.
    Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Jul 13, 2020 at 08:06.
  • 2 Likes

• Jul 13, 2020 | 08:12 7 Covid will magically disappear after the election. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jul 13, 2020 | 08:25 8
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
    Another relevant on topic discussion from Our resident cut and paste expert.
    For a supposed Canadian, it seems like an unhealthy infatuation with all things Trump or US. Is sure a good thing that our leadership and citizens are all beyond reproach.
    Haha your the one who wants Alberta to join the USA! Reply With Quote
    Jul 13, 2020 | 08:26 9
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
    Covid will magically disappear after the election.
    Oh really. When are you having your party? LOL Reply With Quote
    Jul 13, 2020 | 08:29 10 The U.S. is a cautionary tale in arrogance. We should watch and not follow. When they force a full open of schools , we can learn what not to do. Reply With Quote
    Jul 13, 2020 | 08:37 11 I came here to ally with chuck because he represents the senseless majority.

Tell us more chuck.

How are the cases in africa, or india or south america. You really want us to believe the US with 4% of the worlds population has all the covid cases.

This covid scam has shelf life expiring exactly Nov 4. All will be cured after that date. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Jul 13, 2020 | 09:00 12 The US, the UK, Brasil. They all haveConservative governments who have downplayed the risks and have some of the highest infection rates. The Conservatives in These cases have underperformed badly compared to more progressive governments who pay attention to the advice of scientists. Reply With Quote
    Jul 13, 2020 | 09:12 13
    Quote Originally Posted by ajl View Post
    The only reason this is sillyville is because of your posting chuck. Anything in the guardian needs a couple of other sources to prove it is true for starters. People like you are promoting totalitarianism. The CCP virus will be with us for a long time it seems so we will have to adapt to it. The numbers are still very low but it is here to stay. Can't afford a lock down, so will have to find another way. I wont miss the NHL personally.
    No, it is not Chucks post of a news article that is the problem, it is your "fake news" response because you don't like the story. You want verification: how about fox news https://fox6now.com/2020/07/12/texas...g-covid-party/ or abc news https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/News/vide...party-71748445 NYT https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/12/u...rty-death.html
    or even australian news services https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-a...13-p55bii.html

Why are you not demanding the same "proof" of responses by Jazz and Taiga insinuating that Covid will disappear after the US election. Just like it was supposed to disappear by Easter, then by summer, it is only a US problem, and the death rate is falling, etc when you say it is something that will be here a long time?. Reply With Quote
    Jul 13, 2020 | 09:16 14
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckChuck View Post
    The US, the UK, Brasil. They all haveConservative governments who have downplayed the risks and have some of the highest infection rates. The Conservatives in These cases have underperformed badly compared to more progressive governments who pay attention to the advice of scientists.
    Hypocrisy 101:
    It sounds like Chucky has downplayed the risks of Covid by attending a mass Anti-police rally. (Chuck tells us Covid can’t effect people at Protests))
    Democrat states lead by New York have the worst death rate in the USA. (Chuck doesn’t criticize New York)
    Democrats encourage mass protests and looting so deaths will continue to rise. (Chuck approves)
    Texas has a similar population to Canada deaths are at about 40% of the Canadian. (Chuck criticizes Texas)
    Trudeau voting area of Montreal has the highest death rate in Canada. (Chuck doesn’t criticize Montreal)

Do rules apply to chuck and other Marxists? Reply With Quote

• Jul 13, 2020 | 09:29 15 Maybe chuck the brainiac could learn a thing or two about the US before he launches an unfoundef attack. Democrat run states and cities have 90% of the cases. US is not run like Canada. States have huge autonomy and they set the pace. Trump gave them al the gear they needed. They determine their own pace of shutting down or reopening. Got exactly zero to do with him.

Most of the cases are still in NY. Dem govenor Dem mayor Dem reps in congress and house.

Gotta get trump out office no matter god forbid he might start snooping around in his 2nd term.

Be careful what you defend chuck and dml. I wouldn't want to have to come here in a years time and remind you.
    Last edited by jazz; Jul 13, 2020 at 09:34.
  • 1 Like

• Jul 13, 2020 | 09:42 16 Classic Chuck thread lol ...

I wonder how many thousands and thousands of Covid cases won’t be linked to protests, riots and looting in North America?? Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Jul 13, 2020 | 09:54 17
    Quote Originally Posted by furrowtickler View Post

I wonder how many thousands and thousands of Covid cases won’t be linked to protests, riots and looting in North America??
    Oh chucks pablum spewing media have that covered already. They are spinning it that the protests made more people stay home and there were a good thing. Saved lives.

Only in some twisted alt reality could that be sold to the mindless drones out there Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• blackpowder's Avatar Jul 13, 2020 | 09:55 18 Chuck are you a BPD or something?
    You sound a lot like a few women I have known. Does your subconscious feel safer by creating chaos?
    Or is it simply that you are vertically challenged and have a huge Napoleon syndrome.
    Really, what does it matter to my life.
    Just call it a prick and move on. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jul 13, 2020 | 10:07 19
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpowder View Post
    Chuck are you a BPD or something?
    You sound a lot like a few women I have known. Does your subconscious feel safer by creating chaos?
    Or is it simply that you are vertically challenged and have a huge Napoleon syndrome.
    Really, what does it matter to my life.
    Just call it a prick and move on.
    It is just disgusting. These mentally disturbed individuals celebrating when people die or get sick, because it helps their political cause. They were cheering when Boris Johnson got Covid, when Bolsanaro got it, they smugly celebrate the number of cases and deaths. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Jul 13, 2020 | 10:08 20 So chuck attends a protest with hundreds of people he has no idea are or where they have been putting his family and community of Meota at risk but wags his finger at some stupid kid in the southern states that in completely irrelevant here .
    Wow chuck , just wow . Then continue to criticize the other 90% on here daily .. you need help Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jul 13, 2020 | 10:09 21 I’m in the north health region of sask. I know some locals that contracted covid. I know one person who died of it. I hate how overblown the media hype about it is but I also hate the denial of it too. Until you’ve talked with those who’ve had it and those who care for covid cases I don’t think you have any idea. The orange haired fellow and his disciples in Brazil and elsewhere do not help the situation. I think if he wasn’t in such denial and dealt with it accordingly there would not be such a problem. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Jul 13, 2020 | 10:11 22
    Quote Originally Posted by jazz View Post
    Maybe chuck the brainiac could learn a thing or two about the US before he launches an unfoundef attack. Democrat run states and cities have 90% of the cases. US is not run like Canada. States have huge autonomy and they set the pace. Trump gave them al the gear they needed. They determine their own pace of shutting down or reopening. Got exactly zero to do with him.

Most of the cases are still in NY. Dem govenor Dem mayor Dem reps in congress and house.

Gotta get trump out office no matter god forbid he might start snooping around in his 2nd term.

Be careful what you defend chuck and dml. I wouldn't want to have to come here in a years time and remind you.
    explain this Jazz:
    New York
    https://www.bing.com/search?q=corona...ANNTA1&PC=DCTS
    TEXAS
    https://www.bing.com/search?q=Corona...3d&FORM=COVIDR
    and some weekend reporting of covid 19
    https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...y-july-11.html
    a few excerpts:
    -Today’s coronavirus news: Texas sees deadliest week of pandemic
    - The U.S. has broken its own record in three out of the last four days, according to data from Johns Hopkins University, with the Friday total (cases) coming in above 66,600.
    -Texas Gov. Greg Abbott says “things will get worse” in the state as more than 10,000 patients are now hospitalized with the coronavirus.
    The deadliest week of the pandemic yet in Texas continued Friday with 95 new deaths.
    On the Texas-Mexico border, Starr County Judge Eloy Vera says his rural community is trying to get a refrigerated trailer because the local funeral home can’t keep up with more than two bodies a day.
    -India’s coronavirus cases have passed 800,000 with the biggest spike of 27,114 cases in the past 24 hours, causing nearly a dozen states to impose a partial lockdown in high-risk areas.
    The new confirmed cases took the national total to 820,916. The Health Ministry on Saturday also reported another 519 deaths for a total of 22,123.
    A surge in infections saw the cases jumping from 600,000 to more than 800,000 in nine days. The ministry said the recovery rate was continuing to improve at more than 62%.

So New york cases leveling off, Texas and total US cases growing exponentially, India cases soaring, so please explain why your predictions about Covid have all been wrong so far and why we should believe you now that the death rate is going down and it will be over in November
    Last edited by dmlfarmer; Jul 13, 2020 at 10:14.
    Jul 13, 2020 | 10:37 23 The weak and stupid shall die and the strong shall rise. And the cycle continues on. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Jul 13, 2020 | 10:56 24
    Quote Originally Posted by dmlfarmer View Post

So New york cases leveling off, Texas and total US cases growing exponentially, India cases soaring, so please explain why your predictions about Covid have all been wrong so far and why we should believe you now that the death rate is going down and it will be over in November
    Simple dml, but you have to engage another level of thinking if you can.

TX, AZ, Fl swing states. Had Hillary won you would have never heard about any of this. SO if Biden does, it will all go away. Or if trump wins he will have destroyed the MSM parrots once and for all.

The death rate is a statistical insignificance now. Every other major source of death including slips in bath tubs eclipses it now.

Did you know overdoses are taking 100 people a day in Canada. You dont seem too worried about anything else except whatever you can spin to make trump look bad. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Jul 13, 2020 | 11:02 25
    Quote Originally Posted by 15444 View Post
    The weak and stupid shall die and the strong shall rise. And the cycle continues on.
    On June 17 the Washington Post ran the article "Hundreds of Health-care Workers lost their lives battling the corona virus" https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...h-coronavirus/ The article says CDC said over 400 doctors and nurses died. Also states that National Nurses United reported 939 health care workers had died. Just wondering 15444 if these people were the weak or are the stupid that you say die. Reply With Quote
    Jul 13, 2020 | 11:07 26
    Quote Originally Posted by jazz View Post
    Simple dml, but you have to engage another level of thinking if you can.

TX, AZ, Fl swing states. Had Hillary won you would have never heard about any of this. SO if Biden does, it will all go away. Or if trump wins he will have destroyed the MSM parrots once and for all.

The death rate is a statistical insignificance now. Every other major source of death including slips in bath tubs eclipses it now.

Did you know overdoses are taking 100 people a day in Canada. You dont seem too worried about anything else except whatever you can spin to make trump look bad.
    WOW is all I can say! And you think I have TDS!!! LMAO Reply With Quote
    Jul 13, 2020 | 11:25 27
    Quote Originally Posted by dmlfarmer View Post
    WOW is all I can say! And you think I have TDS!!! LMAO
    Lets make friendly wager. So cases are spiking, no treatment, no vaccine forthcoming, which means this will take yrs to resolve. Even vaccinating the entire world would take many years. Herd immunity not happening.

So this should be dominating the news cycle for at least that long. If this is still the lead story Jan 1 2021 I will delete my account and you can crow all you want. But if I am right.... Reply With Quote
    Jul 13, 2020 | 12:47 28
    Quote Originally Posted by 15444 View Post
    The weak and stupid shall die and the strong shall rise. And the cycle continues on.
    Do you have your plot picked? Reply With Quote
    Jul 13, 2020 | 13:39 29 Part of the story about the party was not told, as the Doctor wanted to respectful towards the grieving family and did not want to reveal all details. Apparently many of the party goers had flashlights stuck up their asses and were drinking bleach punch as precautions in order not to get Covid-19.

This unfortunate sole also thought that was a hoax as well. I really feel sorry for this kids family as this should never have happened.

Dam Fake News! Reply With Quote
    Jul 13, 2020 | 13:53 30 So did this guy die from having a flashlight stuck up his ass or was it the bleach punch, he died so it must have been corona, wow talk about fake news! Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like