• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Planes everywhere today

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planes everywhere today

Lots of bucks getting spent . Hopefully it’s worthwhile.

They started last night . Watched from the boat ...

Last edited by furrowtickler; Jul 11, 2020, 12:40.

Here too. Beautiful pics again!

Comment

Fish fly’s were out
      Fish were not lol

Comment

Planes been going for 3rd solid day now. Somewhere around 15 planes flying out of the 3 airports surrounding us. $11, 2 gallon. Book says minimum 20 Litres.....

Nothing beats the ground rig but have to do what you have to do sometimes.

Ever take chemical to a crop duster and ask for the left over? Never is any. They never miss and they never run out. Always bang on. Big money grab if you ask me.....

Comment

Yes great pics Furrow!

What’s everyone’s opinion on the job that planes can do?
          I don’t have a ground rig so use planes often. I also use a custom ground rig but when it’s wet he will get behind and the plane is Johnny on the spot. The low water and travailing so fast makes me wonder if I ever get good return for the money.

Comment

I know what you mean Furrow. Been at that lake this time of year and like watching those agcats. Very rare to see a plane in this country with all the small hilly fields.

Comment

Have had planes spray for weeds a few times now. They do seem to do a much better job than one would think. Even in narrow, short cut off pieces by the lakes they nailed it with amazing accuracy.

Always found it interesting how they do so well, buzzing along like they do.

Comment

Planes and helicopters going here cause of 5-6 in rain .
                Ground rigs will just make a mess . Lots of hidden water holes.

Comment

I don’t know why any air operator would put herbicide on. It will cost them more in crop damage claims than they make. Chopper guy here burnt half the country in drift. I don’t know a plane operator in the area that will do herbicide unless desiccating.

Comment

I won’t put glyfos in an airplane. Did that one fall for wheat when the field was so wet no ground rig could go. The wheat was dead ripe but the field was getting greener everyday. Well lots of trees around this half section and about five years later all I do is throw dead trees out of the field. Drift killed all the trees on the edge and now they are all falling in the field.

Comment

lots of planes around here, mostly for fungicide app. No difference in efficacy between air and ground if both applied correctly and under ideal conditions. I use both, but hate trampling over crop with a ground rid.

Comment

Plane did section lentils this morning. May do more next wk.
                        By the time I spray with HC then tramp again for desication the track widens out so more yield is lost. Plane charges me $9/ac so more than pays IMO.

Comment

Quick trip to Regina this afternoon and on the way back we saw four different spray planes, right from drought to fairly wet.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Tone View Post
                            I don’t know why any air operator would put herbicide on. It will cost them more in crop damage claims than they make. Chopper guy here burnt half the country in drift. I don’t know a plane operator in the area that will do herbicide unless desiccating.
                            Who’s putting on herbicides this time of year?

Comment

Ready to roll ...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...