• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PM's mother Margaret and brother Alexandre were both paid to speak at WE Charity

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might be my neighbor. Lol. If he was though, he would know some facts about my farm, like the fact I never quit as he claims. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
      I do the same, I probably don't post it almost as often as I do. Which is a scary thought thought when one considers some of the tripe about Chuck that does get through my filter.
      Lol. I’ve been married long enough to carefully choose my words.

Comment

I do the same, I probably reconsider and don't post it almost as often as I do. Which is a scary thought thought when one considers some of the tripe I post in response to Chuck's baiting that does get through my filter.
        Totally in the same club. I have started and reconsidered far more times than I actually post. Sometimes with text it is so hard to come across, or bring across your point with grace. Many times I have typed like a mad man, walked away, come back and said, whoa now, wth was I thinking? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
          Totally in the same club. I have started and reconsidered far more times than I actually post. Sometimes with text it is so hard to come across, or bring across your point with grace. Many times I have typed like a mad man, walked away, come back and said, whoa now, wth was I thinking? Lol
          That’s the thing. So many nuances are lost in written word, even if you are good at conveying the written word. Any arshole can read words but reading comprehension is lost on so many. I remember in school my English teacher had a poster on the wall that said “in other words be specific”. Even then some just don’t get it.

Comment

Paris in the the spring

once upon a a time

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
              ...I remember in school my English teacher had a poster on the wall that said “in other words be specific”. Even then some just don’t get it.
              I must admit, I don't get it. And I come from a family of teachers, and my wife is a linguist, so I get English lessons all the time.

Comment

I must admit, I don't get it. And I come from a family of teachers, and my wife is a linguist, so I get English lessons all the time.
                Never assume the reader of what you write fully understands

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                  Never assume the reader of what you write fully understands
                  I hope my written drivel is comprehensible. I know what I'm trying to say and convey that's in my mind but does it come across in a way that can be understood. Emotion can be hard to convey in words. Poor language, sentence structure and punctuation can cause problems. Sometimes I think what I write is a little too "short hand" .....leaving stuff out thinking the reader will fill in the small blanks....and I assume and hope the words he picks are the right ones in context with the message I'm trying to convey. And sometimes I'm too wordy.

Admin censors some words that makes the readers try and figure out what was written.

Like, the **** liked being ****ed hard in the ****.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                    Well one thing guaranteed, the conservatives will be in long long long before the NDP’s lol
                    How long they last who knows .
                    But I kinda remember the last time the liberals crashed .... it was epic lol
                    And I remember 1993 when the PC party went from a majority government to just 2 seats, the worst election defeat in Canadian history.

Part of the reason was the disunity within conservative ranks resulting in the creation of the Reform Party 4 years earlier. Which resulted in rebranding of "conservatives" as the Canadian Alliance, then the Conservative Party and who knows what new party will have to branded to represent the right wing next. The same thing has happened provincially with the Sask Party. Alberta is even more divided going from Conservative to Wildrose to UCP.

You can laugh all you want at the Liberal brand, but it has remained united through it losses and has not fallen to radical elements within.

It is time Conservatives get their **** together and learn from history. In a democracy you do not get everything you want and have to compromise if you ever are to form a government. Name calling, criticism and laughing at failures of others will not win elections. Divided you fall.

Instead of attacking Chuck or worst yet, using the ignore option so you do not see his comments, you better listen and hear what he is saying because he represents a lot voters, and not only eastern Canadians. Western cities and even rural areas are full of chucks and the more you attack them, the less chance you will ever have of becoming allies with them. And to ever win, you will need them too. Instead of focusing on what you disagree with, look for common concerns and build something instead of trying to destroy.
                    Last edited by dmlfarmer; Jul 12, 2020, 09:11.

Comment

Another interesting thing happening in this WE story:

WE charity lays off 465 people and then puts gag orders on those people.
                      Whats going on between WE, Trudeau & Morneau Crime Families and the Liberal government?

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
                        And I remember 1993 when the PC party went from a majority government to just 2 seats, the worst election defeat in Canadian history.

Part of the reason was the disunity within conservative ranks resulting in the creation of the Reform Party 4 years earlier. Which resulted in rebranding of "conservatives" as the Canadian Alliance, then the Conservative Party and who knows what new party will have to branded to represent the right wing next. The same thing has happened provincially with the Sask Party. Alberta is even more divided going from Conservative to Wildrose to UCP.

You can laugh all you want at the Liberal brand, but it has remained united through it losses and has not fallen to radical elements within.

It is time Conservatives get their **** together and learn from history. In a democracy you do not get everything you want and have to compromise if you ever are to form a government. Name calling, criticism and laughing at failures of others will not win elections. Divided you fall.

Instead of attacking Chuck or worst yet, using the ignore option so you do not see his comments, you better listen and hear what he is saying because he represents a lot voters, and not only eastern Canadians. Western cities and even rural areas are full of chucks and the more you attack them, the less chance you will ever have of becoming allies with them. And to ever win, you will need them too. Instead of focusing on what you disagree with, look for common concerns and build something instead of trying to destroy.
                        Needs to work both ways the DML
                        It’s never a one way street , but it is for chuck and a few others .
                        Us knuckle dragging farmers are very much smarter than he gives the 90% of us credit for
                        I would say he needs to listen a lot more than us.
                        Better re read the majority of his posts about name calling criticism and laughing ... the vast majority of responses to chuck are precisely because of what he exactly say most of us do
                        Two sides to every story , take blinders off

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                          Another interesting thing happening in this WE story:

WE charity lays off 465 people and then puts gag orders on those people.
                          Whats going on between WE, Trudeau & Morneau Crime Families and the Liberal government?
                          So the Charity can't operate without government "subsidy".

My blood boils when I think of the scams. And here I sit assuming all the risk of what I'm doing with my bare ass out in the wind....all in with my own money.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post

My blood boils when I think of the scams. And here I sit assuming all the risk of what I'm doing with my bare ass out in the wind....all in with my own money.
                            That's a good way to put it....I compare the "WE" charity to irrigation in this province....

That Peterson guy has spent a lifetime as a Don King promoter of irrigation....never using his own money.....

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post

These were all people hired recently, specifically for the new project. Which raises the question of how WE knew they needed 450+ new employees for a project before cabinet approved it

Comment

sorry dml I can't bring myself to ally with the world of unreason that chuck inhabits. If you have to sell your soul to win that's a step too far imho.

Let's address big wheels rant. Yes every politician is in in the grab. Who will you vote for if both parties are on the take. PPC was on the ballet last year and we saw how that turned out.

In my memory I have never seen the Conservative party target an entire industry like Trudeau did with oil. I have never seen them attack several industries at once with a carbon tax grab. I have never seen them pretend entire sectors of our economy don't exist like Trudeau did with oil ag and resources.

Big difference my friend. You need some perspective. You are looking at pennies while billions evaporate from our GDP.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.