• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Workshop Question

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workshop Question

Any of you guys got hydraulic crimpers?
    For making/repairing hydraulic hoses.

Some with dies some without.

Some can handle elbows some can’t.

1”1/4 and below would suffice. Anything bigger best to got to experts

We are 20 to 30 minutes away from dealerships or other stores that will make up what we need.
    That way we aren't carrying any inventory. Can be a wide range of sizes and fitting types needed.
    Only issue is getting what we need some weekends and holidays.

Comment

We have a crimper and stock 1/4”-3/4” fitting, has saved us a lot of miles and time. It was a good investment for us.

Comment

Neighbor has a hydraulic crimper and hose available. Will put together hoses for the rest of us, charges close to dealer prices for fittings and hose, but saves everyone driving 45 mins for a simple fix. Their time is included in the fittings/hose charge. I think it's a good deal for all.

Comment

Neighbor has well-stocked machine shop 3 miles away, so I only keep basic tools and special parts for equipment.

Comment

Mallee we bought a crimper with dies to do 1/4” to 1.25” hose about ten years ago. That was cheaper than all the hose and fittings (pipe thread, JIC, ORB, flat face O-ring, straights, elbows, male, female, etc.........) Still cheaper than downtime in my eyes.

Everything dies here at 5 pm, especially on fridays, guaranteed with our old shrapnel on a long weekend of course. Fifteen minutes we can be up and going with almost anything. It’s a necessary evil of living in the middle of nowhere. Just like all the tools for changing and dismounting all tires including fluid filled ones.

It’ll end up costing more than you think but you won’t go without it after you get it.

Comment

I take a different approach. I keep an assortment of lengths and sizes of new pipe thread hoses around. And a bunch of adapters.
              When an oddball hose blows on a weekend, metric, elbows, or completely unique thread, I cut the ends off the old hose, braze them to a pipe thread adapter, and screw it onto the new hose. And back in business, assuming there is room to assemble it all.

Have a well stocked shop just 10 minutes away, but they don't do call outs. At least 4 more half an hour away, and one does reasonable call outs.

Comment

If you do buy a hydraulic crimper get one that’s adjustable, that way you can crimp almost any hose and fitting as long as you have the crimp specs.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
                  If you do buy a hydraulic crimper get one that’s adjustable, that way you can crimp almost any hose and fitting as long as you have the crimp specs.
                  Where is the best place to buy these or did you get it at an auction sale?

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                    Where is the best place to buy these or did you get it at an auction sale?
                    We bought ours slightly used from Gregg Distributors. They took it on trade when someone went to a bigger newer model. Much cheaper than new.

Comment

Bought mine on Kijiji, New ones are sold by A&I, Discount Hydraulics, Pulsar, all the same machine with different names. This is the one I bought.Click image for larger version

Name:	EF326F46-1D95-4FC0-9092-0976F766D3E3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	769921

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
                        Bought mine on Kijiji, New ones are sold by A&I, Discount Hydraulics, Pulsar, all the same machine with different names. This is the one I bought.[ATTACH]6362[/ATTACH]
                        Around $4500?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...
                        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.