• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday.

Well what a wet week of storms for most, hail rain, winds. Major system went over Sask, but our area was left alone. Total rain fall 1/3 to 1/4 of a inch.

Total for the year for the farm, 2.74. Just checked we got our usual 1/10 last night.

So I call 2020 the year of the tenth. Because ever time I check the station it’s 1/10.

Ok here we go.

Hrs is in heading or flag and guys are really using quite a bit of Ace. We had a Demo last year were happy with it and will do some of our wheat with it. It this year I am picking only some fields that show good potential. Yes it’s from a Chinese company but I think it works. You can go earlier than your prosaro. Midge to east of us closer to boarder and south about a hour. Wheat looks not bad considering. Early seeded has less potential as first rain came about five days to late.

Barley is thinner this year but still is doing ok and getting ready to head.

Oats is filling in nice.

Flax in area is thinner than normal, no real 10/10 fields any place.

Peas wow most farms have really nice peas and lentils, oh yea we’re dry not flooding like usual so this is what it’s like to not flood. All fields sprayed for disease just to keep them standing nicer for peas and lentils well you sneeze and they get a cold.

Canola the over priced crop to grow needs to have seed prices dropped just a little as some early look ok those seeded around the 16 th to 25 are wow and those in June are wtf. But ground was dryer.
    Nicest catch is seeded June 18 on pea stubble that was worked last fall. Flowering on early and middle but late is struggling.

Canary in area quite a bit looks good and is getting sprayed not sure disease or aphids.

Fall seeded rye is thin, not sure these new varieties are as good as old. Our sand ridge when I was a kid grew a better stand. But I can bet your paying way more for seed.

Pasture came back a bit or are just hanging in.

First cut is less than last year and newer fields of hay are doing better.

So again guys are busy starting to spray some fungicides. Not every one is gearing up as very little to no dew in mornings and min rain so canopy not really wet.

Bugs so far are min.

Basically I can’t believe the crop is doing as good as it is on the tenth rain system we’re getting.so here is to another tenth.

Yes the rain every day in harvest is what’s helping the 2020 crop as established crops roots are going down like a hooker on the job.

Have a great week and keep safe and watch the sky it could be a storm or a drop hitting you in the eye.

So on politics if one liberal is left I will be amazed.

Andrew finally took the gloves off yesterday and called CBC a spade. They were worried about him wearing a mask not Trudeau’s We and deficit of 343 billion.

Canada is waking up.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
      So on politics if one liberal is left I will be amazed.

Andrew finally took the gloves off yesterday and called CBC a spade. They were worried about him wearing a mask not Trudeau’s We and deficit of 343 billion.

Canada is waking up.
      Andrew got a couple great barbs in at Trudeau yesterday.
      I really liked when asked if Trudeau should have been at the trade meeting with Trump and Mexican president, Andrew said with his track record of when he leaves Canada or meets with Trump we are probably better off that Trudeau stayed home. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by rodd View Post
        I really liked when asked if Trudeau should have been at the trade meeting with Trump and Mexican president, Andrew said with his track record of when he leaves Canada or meets with Trump we are probably better off that Trudeau stayed home. LOL
        Maybe JT can’t leave Canada .... lol

Comment

Originally posted by rodd View Post
          This Andrew should have shown up a couple years ago....he might not be on his way out now.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
            Maybe JT can’t leave Canada .... lol
            The Focker walks on water you know. And has Prime Moronic immunity from laws that apply to everyday peoplekind.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
              This Andrew should have shown up a couple years ago....he might not be on his way out now.
              No matter which way you go on Trudeau you cant win. If you are reasonable with him, he goes all dictator, if you criticize him and go on the attack, the MSM just tries to tell everyone CPC is so mean to pretty Justin.

Man do we have some idiots in this country. People with the critical thinking skills of a gnat.

The experts are saying Canada blew its load on this virus, we spent more per capita than any other G7 nation, we have the highest unemployment rate and will for 2 more yrs at least and we put zero money into shoring up the industries that can take us out.

Trudeau snubbed our 2 biggest trading partners yesterday to boot.

If you have any loans I would be locking those down.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-07-09/once-a-fiscal-stalwart-canada-suddenly-looks-vulnerable?sref=ej1KltYf Once a Fiscal Stalwart, Canada Suddenly Looks Vulnerable

Comment

The spending spree might have to do with buying Liberal support.

Create the crisis and provide a remedy. Some will think they're heroes!

Comment

SKF, I like reading your report .. but please don’t do a political report. We all know what a dough head we have running this country.
                  Seems the actual topic gets off topic pretty fast.
                  I’m so tired of Trudope and Covid.

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
                    SKF, I like reading your report .. but please don’t do a political report. We all know what a dough head we have running this country.
                    Seems the actual topic gets off topic pretty fast.
                    ........sorry.

Comment

This was the scene at the WH yesterday. Canada totally removed from the picture. None of our flags and Trudeau couldnt even be bothered to send a lower level rep like our deputy PM or Ambassador or anyone.

God helps us with a depression on the way and on the outs with two of our biggest trading partners due to our imbecile PM.

Click image for larger version

Name:	usm.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	769917

BZ, we cant turn our back on that weasel.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                        ........sorry.
                        Three strikes your out!!!

Comment

Three strikes your out!!!
                          ....then I should have been kicked off the team a long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                            ....then I should have been kicked off the team a long time ago.
                            You have been hitting foul balls. 😂

Comment

Yea I agree I’m so sick of Trudeau it just makes me crazy.

The man is sick and needs to be put down.

Oh inside head voice.

Hrs looks good with min rain

I think the peas look good

Lentils are loving the dry conditions

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.