• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post

No dry P in this seedrow, all sideband, there's a difference when you do a test strip
    I had my glasses off when I first looked at it. Thought it was potatoes.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
      Hard times are real

There's dusty fields no matter where you go !
      No dust here Wiseguy😉

That’s a county road today. No trucks hauling feed outta there anytime soon.
      Cows are hinting at us about getting an ark ready.............

Comment

17.39 t ha EU I guess take me 7 to 9 years to get that

Edit did research NZ

Click image for larger version

Name:	3BB636BB-5479-4049-B9EC-0E46ACE20362.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	769918

Name:	C776CD2C-9274-4F82-AC96-AFA6E1D964E5.jpg
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	769919
        Last edited by malleefarmer; Jul 10, 2020, 03:22.

Comment

Quite dewy here this morning. Hope I don't regret not doing some fungicide. It hasn't been bad though and doesn't stay wet real long. The canopy isn't thick.....kinda airy. Might do our seed wheat only.

Boy is there a new thick crop of weeds in some places. Everything was just waiting for a rain to germinate, well we at least got enough for that now.

Comment

Lots of weeds are showing up in early sprayed fields. Showers and heat are what weeds love.

the Dew you speak of what is that.

Dry to the west of me the crop needs a drink fast. It has to be 5 o'clock somewhere. Highway 6 to Highway 35 corridor is the drought. Oh, it's just a little area to Sask Ag and Food. **** I hate to listen to there crop reports.

Comment

I would barely be in that corridor, being a mile and a half west of #35.

There was no "waiting" to spray for this recent flush of weeds.....the rain came too late and crop staging was correct for herb app. Can't weed spray when the crops are heading.
              Last edited by farmaholic; Jul 10, 2020, 06:46.

Comment

Have the plane coming in tomorrow morning to do a section of lentils, will possibly do the rest next wk.
                I will be starting peas on Tuesday, hopefully fungicide shows up. Getting it from Agarcity, using Spade ( the old Headline) with Boron.
                Some fungicides are getting hard to get ... Priaxor is pretty much sold out. My retailer only found some because someone else returned some.
                Spade is basically Priaxor with Headline and an oz of Spiced Rum. 😂😂
                Had no intentions of using a fungicide until 4.5 - 5.5 inches have fallen in 13 days.
                With the crop so thick ground isn’t drying out very fast.

Comment

Just under 3inch total precip here for the season. Not real warm, coolish nights. Going to forego fungicide this year.

I am seeing some guys with lentils on a shorter rotation having some issues now even though it hasnt been very wet. These are going to have to go min 4 yr rotation in the future probably, maybe more. We are on 3yr.

Comment

SF3 - I heard they arepredicting an inch this afternoon. Here comes 1/10 again.

Comment

Yep predicting and what happens this year means jack shit.

We need a rain for the west land two days ago.

Sand ridge well let’s just say it’s had better days.

Paint done it looks factory Hahahah

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
                        Have the plane coming in tomorrow morning to do a section of lentils, will possibly do the rest next wk.
                        I will be starting peas on Tuesday, hopefully fungicide shows up. Getting it from Agarcity, using Spade ( the old Headline) with Boron.
                        Some fungicides are getting hard to get ... Priaxor is pretty much sold out. My retailer only found some because someone else returned some.
                        Spade is basically Priaxor with Headline and an oz of Spiced Rum. 😂😂
                        Had no intentions of using a fungicide until 4.5 - 5.5 inches have fallen in 13 days.
                        With the crop so thick ground isn’t drying out very fast.
                        Exactly same here

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                          Just under 3inch total precip here for the season. Not real warm, coolish nights. Going to forego fungicide this year.

I am seeing some guys with lentils on a shorter rotation having some issues now even though it hasnt been very wet. These are going to have to go min 4 yr rotation in the future probably, maybe more. We are on 3yr.
                          We are now at 7-8 years here now for peas

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                            We are now at 7-8 years here now for peas
                            What's that about? You don't want part of the 0.03 bpa demand created by the 113 million dollars in the protein industry?

Furrow .....really?

Sarcasm ....you guys get it....right?

Comment

Finally got my first decent rain of the season.

Three hours of bliss and piss.

1.82 inches from the sky last night.

Total now for the year is 4.56 in or it almost doubled what we had up to today.

Happy happy ****ing happy.

Name:	28DFC301-E8BF-4E0F-9E25-A725DB9837B7.jpg
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	769923

Comment

Anywhere from 4-9 tenths yesterday, 5-6” now in two wks. Needless to say we have enough for awhile.
                                Happy for you SKF! By the look of your pics your the only guy I know who can grow a bumper crop on tenths.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.